Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Honestly, I figured the rocks only lightly floated around the area when they are distributed, plus the given fact what Stealth Rock in a field reserved for flying types and those with levitate is just asking for trouble.

While on the subject, I am curious if the conditions of the aerial field would tweak the accuracy and conditions of some moves or cause the creation of moves that would excel better in Sky Battles more than normal ones. For instance, Fly has the user go up into the air to prepare to attack, so wouldn't it make sense if it doesn't need to "charge up" in the conditions of a Sky Battle?

It's probably more about moves like gravity, sky drop, and fly, not to mention the entire ground-type (Sure, they're immune to it by default, but using dig in midair is questionable).

Also, courtesy of Bulbanews:

Reportedly, reviewers will *NOT* be allowed to talk about the final evolved forms of the new starter Pokémon until after game release

Looks like another mega got revealed: Mega Charizard X. As much as I like the black and blue appearance, the Fire/Dragon typing making it less weak to rock + the boosts and ability to augment physical power, I feel annoyed the two are version exclusive (granted, I do plan to get X anyway) and that makes me wonder if the other two Kanto ones will get version-exclusive Megas as well.

Oh, according to Bulbapedia's Twitter, some Canadian stores made a mistake in selling copies early a bit over a week in advance of the actual date. Oops.

Looks like another mega got revealed: Mega Charizard X. As much as I like the black and blue appearance, the Fire/Dragon typing making it less weak to rock + the boosts and ability to augment physical power, I feel annoyed the two are version exclusive (granted, I do plan to get X anyway) and that makes me wonder if the other two Kanto ones will get version-exclusive Megas as well.

Oh, according to Bulbapedia's Twitter, some Canadian stores made a mistake in selling copies early a bit over a week in advance of the actual date. Oops.

Only took 6 generations to make charizard potentially competitively viable. Depends on his speed stat, though with his ability scarf could make up for it.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

If this image is true, then I am really, really going to hate fighting Chesnaught: http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/382/nza3.jpg

Eh, a flying type will destroy him.

This image had me giggling for a bit: http://a51274b2bfd36c9eba6f-b2cc59e0ef85511aa5ed3ad88986348d.r9.cf1.rackcdn.com/12430/blackout__large.jpg

EDIT:

Well, this has to be the oddest (and yet cutest) Dragon-type ever: http://25.media.tumblr.com/f320c5d8b66bea8e8d1cebac03b75c85/tumblr_mu3yahF7ra1qkqcado1_500.jpg

Also, it looks like there is a Mega for Aerodactyl, and it looks like it gets Tough Claws. Given it couldn't get Head Smash or Brave Bird to abuse Rock Head and too frail for Pressure, looks like the thing gets a nice ability to abuse for once.

Here's most of the pokemon we know so far.

http://imgur.com/hFNi4XX

They've also apparently found mega stones for Heracross, Druddigon, and Galvantula, but not the pokemon they belong to.

Interesting, I saw a list of the speculated Mega Evolutions, and these were all on it. I don't remember where I saw it though.

I think they messed up on Mega Gengar, he should have been ghost fairy instead of being ghost/psychic.

So the reviews are coming out now that it is October 4th. 8 Days till Gen VI officially kicks off, so tense.

Seems you get the rollerskates very early in the game, and the fact you get a large variety of mons to access as well. X/Y is going to be really fun.

This is the pokedex so far: http://imgur.com/jKwFPAy

Unless there's a bunch of new evolutions for older pokes, it looks like this is about it. I believe that they brought back the 3 birds this gen instead of having a unique legendary trio. Hopefully we find a bunch more mega evolutions, I count those as new pokemon which should bolster the count a little bit more.

So far, half of mine is appearing to be Greninja/Charizard (X Mega)/Aegislash. The other 3 are still being decided at the moment, but it's likely I will add a Fairy, Electric, and Grass type to the arsenal. So maybe Florges/Helioisk/Trevenant.

Greninja, X-Zard, Aegislash, Florges, Helioisk, and Trevenant seems my planned team, but changing is likely given Kalos Dex's massive size. I might as well experiment a bit.