Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

So after so much speculation CoroCoro has confirmed Sylveon is..... a fairy type!

Strong against dragons which is a long overdue type balancing, but weak against poison and steel, which gives those types a significant usage increase.

On the fairy note, marill has been retyped along with jigglypuff and garvadior (sp?) so expect a lot more retypings.

More information to be found on serebii.net under pokemon X & Y.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

So after so much speculation CoroCoro has confirmed Sylveon is..... a fairy type!

Strong against dragons which is a long overdue type balancing, but weak against poison and steel, which gives those types a significant usage increase.

On the fairy note, marill has been retyped along with jigglypuff and garvadior (sp?) so expect a lot more retypings.

It was actually confirmed at e3 during the Nintendo Direct.

Obviously clefairy will be a fairy type now. I think togepi and mawile will be fairy types as well. I'm not sure what other existing pokemon would fit as a fairy type.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

It was actually confirmed at e3 during the Nintendo Direct.

Obviously clefairy will be a fairy type now. I think togepi and mawile will be fairy types as well. I'm not sure what other existing pokemon would fit as a fairy type.

Ahh my mistake, was unsure which source released the information, as it was bundled with the CoroCoro info leak about the NPCs/Rivals and the bug gym leader on serebii.

I agree about Clefairy evo line, togepi would be a little bittersweet, because togepic is already dual typed, and losing it's flight abilities would suck. Especially seeing as they have introduced sky battles, although I could compromise the levitate ability I suppose. People have been trolling the idea of Pikachu getting dual typed electric/fairy which would be the worst idea ever imo.

There has been talk too about some legendaries getting retyped, such as Mew, Jirachi etc. another idea I'm unsure on at this moment.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I think Chimecho will be a fairy. Could be wrong though.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

For some reason I can't help but feel that most of the new Fairy-types are still going to be useless. Like Dark and Steel types were in Gen II.

We'll have to see what fairy types are in the new gen. You're right though, currently there aren't many pokemon at all that could be decent fairy types.

I forgot about chimecho, it definitely fits the fairy theme.

I really doubt pikachu would be a fairy, it's an electric mouse after all.

Wow I am off my game, for some unknown reason I was under the impression that togekiss (not togepic like I originally stated) was psychic/flying, not normal/flying :/

And I think that fairy typed pokes won't truly come into there own until Gen 7. Unless they get a real hard push this Gen such as an amazing movepool, some surprise pre gen 6 retypings, or maybe a psuedo legendary like they did with dark types and tyranitar in gen 2.

On a none fairy related note, pokemon smash has gave us English names of the main supporting cast (Shauna, Tierno and Trevor), our character's canon name (Serena or Calem) and the first gym leader remains unchanged (Viola) but her sister the journalist changes to Alexa (from Pansy). As well as names for the first two towns, the latest pokemon and Shisiko's signature move (noble roar)

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

Essentially, all Pokemon within the "fairy" egg group have the potential to be fairy typed. (there are lots and lots of things in that group)

They introduced them in the game to help stop dragons from being overpowered. I'm fine with this as long as the fairy type isn't immune to dragon. As far as retyping old legnedaries with the fairy type, I don't think it will happen.

Now, if GF was actually smart, they wouldn't have needed to add a new typing. Honestly, the three most powerful typings in the game are flying, ice, and dragon. The only reason that dragon is more common is that all ice and flying Pokemon suck (generally speaking). Just look at how bad Staraptor and Mamoswine are, yet they are extremely powerful threats in OU due to their stab moves. If they really want to fix the balance, they should just have made a few good ice/flying Pokemon.

Essentially, all Pokemon within the "fairy" egg group have the potential to be fairy typed. (there are lots and lots of things in that group)

They introduced them in the game to help stop dragons from being overpowered. I'm fine with this as long as the fairy type isn't immune to dragon. As far as retyping old legnedaries with the fairy type, I don't think it will happen.

Now, if GF was actually smart, they wouldn't have needed to add a new typing. Honestly, the three most powerful typings in the game are flying, ice, and dragon. The only reason that dragon is more common is that all ice and flying Pokemon suck (generally speaking). Just look at how bad Staraptor and Mamoswine are, yet they are extremely powerful threats in OU due to their stab moves. If they really want to fix the balance, they should just have made a few good ice/flying Pokemon.

I forgot all about the fairy egg group. There's some interesting pokemon in there that could become fairy types.

Also, the rock weakness is what holds back flying and ice types. Stealth rock cripples Articuno for 50% on switch in.

Which is why they need to make decent ice and flying Pokemon that have a secondary typing that removes the stealth rock weakness.... That or, you know, give rapid spin to Pokemon that don't suck. (Starmie is weak as hell, Forretress is deadweight, and Tentacruel is pretty decent in the rain I guess.

There is a CAP Pokemon that has an ability to avoid all damage from rock type attacks upon switch in (including rocks). Something like that would be cool.

You also have to remember that a fair few dragon Pokemon are also weak to SR. (dnite, mence, kyube just to name the OU ones)

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Which is why they need to make decent ice and flying Pokemon that have a secondary typing that removes the stealth rock weakness.... That or, you know, give rapid spin to Pokemon that don't suck. (Starmie is weak as hell, Forretress is deadweight, and Tentacruel is pretty decent in the rain I guess.

There is a CAP Pokemon that has an ability to avoid all damage from rock type attacks upon switch in (including rocks). Something like that would be cool.

You also have to remember that a fair few dragon Pokemon are also weak to SR. (dnite, mence, kyube just to name the OU ones)

Yeah but those pokemon have the base stats to not care about taking SR damage on switch in.

I wish gamefreak would use the mountaineer ability that was created for Syclant. http://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/syclant Or, just getting rid of stealth rocks would work too.

Wouldn't removing SR just lead to Ice/Flying being as OP as Dragon was before? In fact, doubly so given Dragons now have to compete with a new counter type.

They could also introduce some decent rock moves to compensate. Most currently have shoddy accuracy or low base power.

My point exactly. If they made ice/flying Pokemon with decent base stats, it wouldn't be an issue.

Except they'd still be losing half of their HP on every switch. I admit I've been away from the metagame for a while, but that's a pretty crippling fault if SR is as omnipresent as it was back then.

I don't mean ice and flying as a dual type. I mean just ice and flying Pokemon in general. Just look at Tornadus-T. That thing got banned because it wasn't SR weak and it had a good flying stab move. I really think that an ice/fighting or an flying/fighting dual typing would be game breaking. You could just power through the meta with Brave Bird + Close Combat.

Ice/flying dual type is really bad since it has so many weaknesses. (rock, steel, fire, electric weaknesses and only resisting ground, grass, and bug)

They could nerf Stealth Rock...

You know, maybe just a little...

RIP Dawngate ;-;

If you removed SR completely, wouldn't you throw the metagame wide open to Flying/Levitate focus sash abusers? Particularly Steel/Ground/Rock-based types who would be immune to TTar-induced SS.

Maybe hail would become much stronger in that meta. I just don't like how SR takes into account weaknesses. If it just did flat damage, it would be much more balanced. As it stands it cripples way too many pokemon.

I'd also like to see critical hits removed, but that's never going to happen. There's way too much RNG in pokemon imo. Also, team preview has been confirmed for the new gen. >.>

• Like 1

They were actually debating whether or not to suspect SR a week or two ago. The move itself is so over-centralizing, but we have had it around for so long and we have all adapted to it that they decided against it. It really is the best move in the game. It neuters so many pokes that would trash the meta that they would need to suspect things like Volcarona if they banned SR.

@lep

Yes, hail and sun would become much more used, and rain would fall in usage quite a bit. Sun is actually the strongest weather in the meta, but rain is much easier to use and isn't shafted by SR. I myself really like the sun, and the vena+duggy+cress teams are unbeatable.

Maybe they should just change all the stats and movesets and weaknesses and make all damage randomized.

That's what I would do if a game I made developed a large, stable meta. Especially if it turns out to be a whiny meta.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The BW2 metagame is constantly changing just because of newly released event mons and others getting their dreamworld abilities. In reality, Ubers, BL, NU, PU, and UU are fairly stable, but OU isn't. I would agree that you can call a lot of OU players as "whiny", but when you have a mon like Genesect that is being used on over 45% of teams, you have a problem.