Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Smogon isn't as obnoxiously elitist as most make it out to be. I've been to their forums and it's a rather pleasant place if you aren't being a total [wagon]. 

Anyways, changing the topic a bit. I came across a rumor that the Critical Hit mechanics had an interesting change in that with Focus Energy + Scope Lens/a move with a higher crit hit rate/etc, you will land a critical hit practically every single time. Thinking of breeding up a mon to try that out if it is true, but unsure if it is worth the effort even though I got good resources to attempt another project (especially since I recently got the Oval Charm). Seems a bit convoluted and an item slot being expended, but all I need to do to see if this works is buying a Scope Lens (just need to do Maison for a few battles... and my Super Single is frozen at 50 anyway) and catch a mon that naturally knows Focus Energy. If it works, then I have a possible breeding project to consider depending on how practical it is.

Smogon isn't as obnoxiously elitist as most make it out to be. I've been to their forums and it's a rather pleasant place if you aren't being a total [wagon].

I know (I lurk there). But it still has a share of elitists.

ozXHe7P.png

I know (I lurk there). But it still has a share of elitists.

To be fair, every area on the internet associated with dedicating themselves to something much more than the norm(like gaming in this case), there is always going to be elitists of some sort regardless. It's pretty much as avoidable as the Bubonic Plague in 1300's Europe.

Changing topic (yet again), anyone here know their Maison AI teams? I am thinking of doing Multi and Super Multi in Maison, but all of the AI teams from my Friend Code collections aren't very good. The idea of getting another trophy is nice, but maybe it isn't worth trying for now.

If you want a Meloetta so damn bad, I can get you one.... Shiny if you want too.... Why not ask for a Pokemon that hasn't been released in over 4 years... Like Jirachi or Deoxys? 

And as far as Smogon Elitists, it isn't any worse than this website or xpwaste.....

@Lokie

Try Kingdra. It has the Sniper ability which increases the power of crits. It also has a good typing, decent stats (offensive and defensive), good move pool, and access to focus energy.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

@Lokie

Try Kingdra. It has the Sniper ability which increases the power of crits. It also has a good typing, decent stats (offensive and defensive), good move pool, and access to focus energy.

That... did not come to mind till just now. With Focus Energy + Scope Lens comboed with Sniper boosting those crits, Draco Meteors and Hydro Pumps from that thing will hurt like [bleep]. Thanks for mentioning it!

@Lokie

That... did not come to mind till just now. With Focus Energy + Scope Lens comboed with Sniper boosting those crits, Draco Meteors and Hydro Pumps from that thing will hurt like [bleep]. Thanks for mentioning it!

Here

@Lokie

Here

... Beautiful. 

Also, I found another incentive to breeding Kingdra: the egg cycle is much shorter than other dragons. Granted, I will likely just RNG manipulate like I did with Politoed and Gliscor, but still pleasing.

Draco Meteor will be your main attacking move since with crits, it ignores the special attack stat drops.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

If you want a Meloetta so damn bad, I can get you one.... Shiny if you want too.... Why not ask for a Pokemon that hasn't been released in over 4 years... Like Jirachi or Deoxys?

You appear to have missed the entire point, which is being able to obtain them by myself.

Not really interested in hacked Pokémon either.

It isn't hacked, just RNG'd to perfection. Anyway, have fun not getting a Meloetta for yourself for potentially 4 years.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Fishing for Sniper Horsea and found one with 31 hp/def/sp def. If only the thing had Sniper, it would have been a great way to kick start my breeding project. 

EDIT: And it looks like one felt like handing me a free Dragon Scale. Saved me even more trouble.

EDIT2: 26/31/31/31/31/31 Modest/Sniper. Didn't even have to RNG abuse that time. Yay for luck.

It isn't hacked, just RNG'd to perfection. Anyway, have fun not getting a Meloetta for yourself for potentially 4 years.

It isn't possible to legitimately get a shiny Meloetta. Nice try, though ;)

Know that if I don't have a Meloetta, it's by choice; I have all the tools at my disposition to get literally any Pokémon I want.

I chose to only have event Pokémon that I actually could legitimately get, hence why I don't have a Meloetta just yet.

Don't worry though. I'm sure being able to hack any Pokémon you want makes you very special.

Also, Jirachi has had a Wi-Fi event in summer 2010 while Deoxys had an event last may; that's far from 4 years ago.

Fishing for Sniper Horsea and found one with 31 hp/def/sp def. If only the thing had Sniper, it would have been a great way to kick start my breeding project. 

EDIT: And it looks like one felt like handing me a free Dragon Scale. Saved me even more trouble.

EDIT2: 26/31/31/31/31/31 Modest/Sniper. Didn't even have to RNG abuse that time. Yay for luck.

I'd still try to breed for one with more hp IVs. I'm don't really know how much you know about Hp/Defense stats, but those 5 points that you are missing from the Hp stat can take Kingdra from not being able to live a hit to living with just a few points. It actually matters believe it or not, which is why I hardly ever use the 4th/5th gen Pokemon that I hand bred because they just can't live hits the way perfect ones can.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

I'd still try to breed for one with more hp IVs. I'm don't really know how much you know about Hp/Defense stats, but those 5 points that you are missing from the Hp stat can take Kingdra from not being able to live a hit to living with just a few points. It actually matters believe it or not, which is why I hardly ever use the 4th/5th gen Pokemon that I hand bred because they just can't live hits the way perfect ones can.

I was thinking about that myself. At first, I figured it might not make a difference, but then I considered that just because it's a few off doesn't mean it won't cause a big impact. I ended up making that mistake during past ranked fights over Wi-Fi and it unsurprisingly bit me in the ass.

Oh, I have also been wanting your opinion on what would be better: baton passing speed boosts or just using Agility? I have a Scolipede with 5x31/Speed Boost ready, but its naturally meh defenses for its species might make it a null point since I thought about the possibility of Baton Passing subsitute and speed boost buffs so that my Kingdra would be able to safely get off Focus Energy and patch up its base 85 speed. Care to give your thoughts?

Does Scolipede get Focus Energy? You could run Focus Energy, Baton Pass, Protect, Substitute on a Speed Boost Scolipede with a Focus Sash or Weakness Policy. You really don't want only two attacking moves on Kingdra just in case you run into something like Azumarill or Ferrothorn. 

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Does Scolipede get Focus Energy? You could run Focus Energy, Baton Pass, Protect, Substitute on a Speed Boost Scolipede with a Focus Sash or Weakness Policy. You really don't want only two attacking moves on Kingdra just in case you run into something like Azumarill or Ferrothorn. 

It does not. Unfortunately, unlike most mons who can learn moves of their previous evos via relearner, Scolipede would have got some use out of Iron Defense so its sub wouldn't get broken before it can send it to Kingdra to safely set up. However, I was getting quite a bit of success on Battle Spot with Scolipede + Kingdra. Once it got Focus Energy and +1 or +2 spe, Kingdra essentially ripped every god damn thing to ribbons with Hydro Pump + Draco Meteor as long as I didn't mispredict.

I did have a possible idea: Would Agility/Sub/Baton Pass Gliscor also work, since it can heal plus the bulk? At this point, I have to look into other passers as well as re-doing Kingdra for 31 HP. Aside from that, I have to thank you for your advice.

EDIT: I should also note I was having issues when my opponent was using a Fairy + Dry Skin Heliolisk (only encountered this one time, but it threw me off guard) since the latter is capable of switching in on Hydro Pump and leaving me hesitant to try Draco Meteor since limited PP along with the fact their Fairy is alive could lead to a waste of a move.

EDIT2: There is one mon capable of Baton Passing Focus Energy and Speed Boost buffs, and that'd be Blaziken.

What is your third attacking move on Kingdra? Focus Blast or Ice Beam?

As far as a different passer goes, Gliscor would work, but I'm not sure if Baton Pass is legal with Poision Heal. You could even try using Gorbyss to pass a Focus Energy + Shell Smash if you wanted to get really dirty. (if you can even get Huntail/Gorbyss yet)

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Forget about Gorebyss, it doesn't get Focus Energy.

EDIT:

Scizor and Drifblim both get Baton Pass and Focus Energy as well along with a bunch of other great support moves like Agility, Tailwind, Taunt, Calm Mind, and Trick. You might check them out too.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Since males can pass on HA and females can pass on moves as well, a Hidden Ability Gliscor with Agility/Baton Pass/Substitute/EQ (might as well need an attacking move) should be possible.

Also, I am pretty sure Kingdra can't learn Focus Blast. As for its other attacking move, I was experimenting with either Flash Cannon (situational for against Fairies, but kind of a moot point since most have good Sp Def anyway) or Ice Beam. Since there is plenty of options to Baton Passers to send over Focus Energy and speed, I should be able to let Kingdra run all offense.

Since Drifblim is being mentioned, there is a nice bonus to it. If memory serves, one of its natural abilities just happens to be Unburden. A Spe+ nature. Would a Timid Drifblim with Focus Energy/Calm Mind/Baton Pass/(insert fourth move, if you have any possible suggestions) be an interesting idea? However, Scizor is another thought given that Agility + Baton Pass could work if the opponent tries to use a fire attack on the same turn I use B-Pass since Kingdra will easily laugh off anything related to fire.

Maybe I should just experiment with my options on a simulator before I do any actual breeding. Any suggestions for one I can use?

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Thanks. *goes to site to get used to navigating*

EDIT: Tried it out. My first OU battle was going well (tore 4/6 of the guy's team) but I ended up losing because my connection decided to be a prick at the worst possible time. >_>