Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

The new shiny rate is double what it used to be, so about 1/4000. Which makes masuda method about 1/700 ( a little less, cbf grabbing the exact number). These numbers are coming from the same guys who found the 3 event pokes. 

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I'm a little late, but a good way to check talonflame is with gliscor or heatran in the future. Gliscor can take flare blitzes and brave birds from talonflame's pitiful attack stat and toxic it. When it goes to roost, you just nail it with EQ.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I just bought a 3DS/XL and Pokemon X. It's my first Nintendo Handheld and Pokemon game since a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Yellow. I know there's been a ton of changes to the meta game, can anyone point me in the direction of some helpful resources?

That covers most basic information

http://www.serebii.net/xy/

And pokemon breeding adventures I now have 5 IV mawile and minccino (and an abra and fletchling without the hidden abilities).  I also managed a 6 IV female fletchling with gale wings and another honedge with 4 IV + 0 speed IV.

I also caught 2 shiny magikarp, one of which will become a level 100 magikarp over time.

Edit: And I just got another 6 IV fletchling except this one is male without gale wings.

Edit2: Aaaaaaand now a 5 IV abra this time with the hidden ability.

Sc.png

I hear that Togekiss more or less laughs in the face of Garchomp now.

My Garchomp is the one laughing the the face of Fairies. Its speed and power are still good enough to destroy things that don't resist Earthquake or Stone Edge.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

FC: 2165-6366-4578

Dark-type. Nuzleaf, Sandile, and Liepard. I am not really surprised I got the Dark-type, but the mons are something to be desired.

Does anyone have a Togepi or Ditto Friend Safari by chance?

uuuuuugh. Been trying to do the pokeradar thing for a shiny. It's so difficult. I cant find grass that's both close together, but not too small. Chained 17 Absols before I missed the right bush because it was off-screen to see.

Popoto.~<3

Any Tipiters have Ditto or Minccino in their Normal-type Safaris by chance? I might have found the Togepi ones I am searching for, but need to get a crap ton of Dittos for the plans I got in mind. Minccino is for other reasons.

uuuuuugh. Been trying to do the pokeradar thing for a shiny. It's so difficult. I cant find grass that's both close together, but not too small. Chained 17 Absols before I missed the right bush because it was off-screen to see.

Apparently you can use the radar again to generate different patches without breaking your streak.

This is true, if you don't see a bush you think will continue the chain, just charge up the pokeradar by walking into grass that didn't shake until it fully charges then use it again. 

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Alg is what Gardenia is looking for, really. Also added you. <3

Don't get why I am not running into Quilladin. Want to try Bulletproof Chesnaught.

There is one mon you can't get unless they are online at that moment.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Alg is what Gardenia is looking for, really. Also added you. <3

Don't get why I am not running into Quilladin. Want to try Bulletproof Chesnaught.

There is one mon you can't get unless they are online at that moment.

Though I think it's permanent once you do unlock it.

• Like 1

I realized that male Meowstic gets priority Trick Room so I'm thinking of making a VGC team consisting of these 4:

Meowstic(M) @ Light Clay

Ability: Prankster

Nature: Quiet

IVs: 0 Spe

EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 SpD

-Trick Room

-Reflect

-Light Screen

-Psyshock

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge

Ability: Regenerator

Nature: Calm

EVs: 252 HP / 140 SpA / 116 SpD

-Spore

-Synthesis

-Giga Drain

-Sludge Bomb

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb

Ability: Guts

Nature: Brave

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Def

-Bulk Up

-Drain Punch

-Facade

-Payback

Hippowdon @ Leftovers

Ability: Sand Force

Nature: Impish

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

-Slack Off

-Earthquake

-Stone Edge

-Ice Fang

If you have any suggestions or ideas please let me know. I've got to breed and train the team before the 23rd.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

If he was referring to December, Pokebank is what he likely meant. If November... I am just as clueless.

My breeding still hasn't been going well. This would have been a lot less time consuming if I found someone with Ditto in their Safari.