Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Congratulations! I got my gold finish a few days ago with the Kalos sightings. Wondering what the final color will be.

EDIT: So Pokebank is open in Japan now. Apparently, Meloetta (which was sorta being discussed a few days ago here) is able to learn Boomburst. Not sure what other tricks the Pokebanked mons are going to be getting, but should be interesting to see.

Do you know what Thanks Obama is about?

The wording and context made it sound like you were glad Pokebank was taken off E-Shop, so I apologize for misinterpreting it as something else entirely... >_>

I also am glad I got the chance to do some trading. Got all Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova Starters (plus Frillish) and hoping to breed up some things like DD/Aqua Jet Totodile and other mons. Then I'll just Wonder Dump the rejects.

Hatched a 5 IV Adamant Charmander with DD and Outrage in 20 eggs (with 4-5 4 IV ones) and then hatched 2 5 IV Modest Eevees in 5 eggs, and I only needed one. Epic breeding luck without a care in the world. <3

• 2 weeks later...

Hatched my first Masuda shiny. A Pawniard with 31 HP, Def, Sp Def, and Spe. Unfortunately, it got Inner Focus and 5 Atk IV. Useless hatched shinies piss me off more than seeing Froakie and Bunnelby on the GTS.

Double posting, but Poke Bank is up on the Japanese E-Shop again and has the free trial extended to Feb 21st. Not sure when it will open up for the rest of the world.

I have to say I am rather pleased, even if a bit annoyed Japan got priority again. Guess it would make sense for safety reasons.

Working on a streak in Super Singles of Maison so far, and at 130. Hoping to get 200+ for Starf Berry.

Team:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry

Adamant, Mutliscale

4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

- Outrage

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

- Dragon Dance

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry

Adamant, Huge Power

248 HP/252 Atk/8 SpD (was thinking of putting into spe, but some defense does not hurt)

- Belly Drum

- Aqua Jet

- Superpower

- Play Rough

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite

Adamant, Scrappy -> Parental Bond

4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

- Power-Up Punch

- Return

- Crunch (I suck at prediction with Sucker Punch and she is a sitting duck if any Ghosts immune to EQ set-up or Burn)

- Earthquake

Had some close calls, but Dragonite practically solos a majority of the time. Oddly, burns don't show up very often in spite of things like Chandelure being common as hell. Wish me luck on 200+!

Fire Punch > Stone Edge.

What are you hitting with Stone Edge that doesn't get decimated by Outrage?

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

It was mostly for Fairies that can laugh off Earthquake or ignore it entirely (looking at you, Togekiss), but good point. Was thinking of switching back to Fire Punch for awhile anyway, and the realistic possibility of Stone Edge missing has been in the back of my mind ever since Cresselia (seriously, every single one I encounter loves to do Double Team and Toxic). There are also some mons either capable or surviving Dragonite's beatdowns in spite of a Dragon Dance or two (if I get lucky) or can murder through Multiscale. Strangely, I am getting farther with this team than my Entrainment one.

Thanks for the advice. ^^

EDIT: Also, I don't know what I want to do with the Lansat Berry I got.

You might as well switch to Fire Punch anyway. Azu has Aqua Jet and Kanga is naturally faster than Togekiss, so you really don't need to worry about needing Stone Edge.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Was doing well, no close calls, in the Battle Maison super singles with this team:

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Impish
- Substitute
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Nature: Brave
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

And then a Yanmega showed up. That piece of crap flinched my Aegislash to death and then destroyed the rest of my team...

Oh well. I'll try it again later. Got to battle 60-something. Eh.

ozXHe7P.png