Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

At least it's not like my shiny gabite with a -atk nature and 31 SpA -.- Congrats on breeding that, did you use the Shiny Value thing?

Special Garchomp is a threat. Whatchu know bout Earthpower/Fireblast/Draco/Surf Specschomp.

EDIT: Tried out some PS today..... Mega-Evolutions are overrated except for Kanga (who doesn't appreciate hazards/sand/roughskin). I was just beating around with a poorly made 5th gen team, and I seemed to be putting people in their place.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I have a friend that uses SV, he has plenty of competitive shiny pokemon.  I feel like I should jump on that train while the going is still good.  Also mega mawhile is hilarious and ferrothorn wrecks mega-khan especially if they get greedy with power-up punches instead of using earthquake.

Sc.png

I used the SV thing to get a perfect shiny gabite and honedge

Also got a shiny charmander but it has a -sa nature and 10 satt ivs :(.

Make it a Mega Charizard X? It is physically based.

@monkey

Even better is Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn with protect/seed combo. Makes Kanka cry after a switch into hazards.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I usually have ferrothorn with leech seed, stealth rock, gyro ball, and power whip/seed bomb (depending how annoyed I get with missing power whip); and yes it includes rocky helmet. I'm starting to play around with a special attacking mega khan, pretty much the only thing going for it is just the sheer surprise. I think I'll try to find out my shiny ID and all that business tomorrow, assuming I'm not shoveling snow.

Sc.png

Problem with special M-Kanga is the lack of a decent stab move, lack of stat boosting, and downright awful special attack stat. You'd be better off using a megastone on a different mon. Also, why does everyone feel the need to run a mega on their teams? Only 3-4 of the megas are actually better than their standard form and aren't dead weight 85% of the time..... 

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

I've bred up a new team for doubles with a Meowstic (M) core.

Meowstic (M) @ Focus Sash

Pranskter

Modest

252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

-Safeguard

-Swagger

-Thunder Wave

-Psychic

Cinccino @ Life Orb

Skill Link

Jolly

252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

-Tail Slap

-Rock Blast

-Bullet Seed

-U-Turn

Garchomp @ Yache Berry

Sand Veil

Jolly

252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

-Dragon Claw

-Earthquake

-Stone Edge

-Poison Jab

Mawile @ Mawilite

Intimidate -> Huge Power

Adamant

252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

-Play Rough

-Iron Head

-Sucker Punch

-Power-Up Punch

The idea is to set up Safeguard with Meowstic then use Swagger on your teammate to pass a Swords Dance. All 3 should be able to take on anything except extreme physical walls like Mega Aggron. Trick Room can also be fatal so I'll need to start breeding Timburr to deal with that. I'm also thinking of adding either Blaziken or Kangaskhan as an alternate mega evolution. Any other ideas for the sixth slot?

That said, I've got multiple 4 and 5 IV Espurr, Minccino, Mawile and Gible for trade if anyone is interested.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I've bred up a new team for doubles with a Meowstic (M) core.

Meowstic (M) @ Focus Sash

Pranskter

Modest

252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

-Safeguard

-Swagger

-Thunder Wave

-Psychic

Cinccino @ Life Orb

Skill Link

Jolly

252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

-Tail Slap

-Rock Blast

-Bullet Seed

-U-Turn

Garchomp @ Yache Berry

Sand Veil

Jolly

252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

-Dragon Claw

-Earthquake

-Stone Edge

-Poison Jab

Mawile @ Mawilite

Intimidate -> Huge Power

Adamant

252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

-Play Rough

-Iron Head

-Sucker Punch

-Power-Up Punch

The idea is to set up Safeguard with Meowstic then use Swagger on your teammate to pass a Swords Dance. All 3 should be able to take on anything except extreme physical walls like Mega Aggron. Trick Room can also be fatal so I'll need to start breeding Timburr to deal with that. I'm also thinking of adding either Blaziken or Kangaskhan as an alternate mega evolution. Any other ideas for the sixth slot?

That said, I've got multiple 4 and 5 IV Espurr, Minccino, Mawile and Gible for trade if anyone is interested.

You need something that can actually take a ground hit from something like garchomp. You are also wasting a moveslot on mawile with PuP, use SD instead.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Kirschen: I'll give you a Mincinno and an Espurr for a male and female Noibat. Can you make sure that they're capable of making a 5 IV child together?

Commodore: You're right about the Garchomp thing. I'm thinking of breeding a more defensive oriented Meowstic and replacing Psychic with Protect so that I can match it up with Garchomp better. Giving Mawile Swords Dance is redundant when I'm passing Swagger to it, so PuP was the first thing that came to mind when I needed something to replace SD. I should probably give it Brick Break instead.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Let me see which Noibats I have leftover. I have a 5 IV Female Frisk, but using her for later, so let me see what I have from these 4 (I have 9, but these 4 stood out. I don't have any female Infiltrators to offer for the time being):

Noibat 1: M/Infiltrator. 31s: Defense, Sp Atk, Sp Def, Speed

Noibat 2: M/Frisk. 31s: HP, Defense, Sp Def, Speed <- Is level 29

Noibat 3: F/Frisk: 31s: Defense, Sp Atk, Sp Def, Speed

Noibat 4: F/Frisk: 31s: Defense, Sp Atk, Sp Def, Speed

My FC is  2165-6366-4578. I should be available tomorrow if you want to do the trade.

Okay, I am willing to trade 3 instead of 2. Just pick some mon to throw in it and that should work. So when is a good time for you to be on?

Also, when I turned my 3DS on, I saw a blue circle in the corner of the Pokemon X icon.

Problem with special M-Kanga is the lack of a decent stab move, lack of stat boosting, and downright awful special attack stat. You'd be better off using a megastone on a different mon. Also, why does everyone feel the need to run a mega on their teams? Only 3-4 of the megas are actually better than their standard form and aren't dead weight 85% of the time..... 

Special mega khan is more for fun/shock, like a physical pixelate sylveon, or physical aururus. Just something else in the pile of things that need to be bred.  And honestly the only mega I've gotten most value from has been mawile.  My next on the list of things to mess around with is stored power clefable tank and possibly a trick room team; 0 speed IV ditto to the rescue.

Sc.png

So I'm returning to pokemon for the first time since gold/silver. Through my reading up on stuff, I came across some stuff about pokerus. It seems I'm now infected with it. What do I need to know to take full advantage of it? 

Also, this came as quite a surprise given that I have never seen a shiny pokemon. I think I just used up all my luck for a while.

Flyingjj.png

If a mon is infected, spread it and make sure at least one or two are stored for most of the time to spread it later. 

Yeah, that's pretty damn rare since I encountered 4-5 unscripted shinies and only had one case of getting a Pokerus infection without trading. And that infection was on a SS file back in mid 2012 or so.

Oh, got 740 score on Head It on Unlimited. Damn, just 60ish more points and would have had 5 stars. 

Am I the only one who never forgets to plug that thing in? 

Oh, got a Female HA 31/31/31/xx/31/31 Gligar in egg state at the moment. Cannot find out what the shiny value is since I can't install Instacheck for various reasons. On the upside, I do have the RNG manipulation thing down pat.

I was playing Jam with the Band before going to sleep, and since the buttons on the 3DS are clicky, I thought it made too much noise so I decided to just lay in bed while listening to the music, then when I was getting too sleepy I just turned over and put it on the shelf.

I usually never play my 3DS in bed before going to sleep. I tend to watch stuff on YouTube/etc. instead, and when I do so, my phone is always plugged in. This time around, it was my 3DS and it wasn't plugged in, so it didn't occur to me that I should plug it in, since I'm used to just putting whatever it is I'm using aside.