Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Got a 4 IV Female HA Carvanha off GTS (missing HP) and she has Destiny Bond in her moveset. I think I have a new project on my hands once I get a mon from the same group with enough IVs to make 5 IV breed reliable.

The thing is basically an evolution of carbink I believe. Same typing, same description..... I don't know if it really is a legendary or not.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I saw a post that brought that up too. Maybe Carbink can evolve through some special event or with some event item?

Then if that's the case, Carbink should be able to use Eviolite after the event is triggered if it was an evolution. I am with Octarine on the possibility that Carbink and Diancie's relationship is similar to that of Phione and Manaphy.

I've only recently got this, the saving grace for me is I have a full set of legendaries for true national dex completion.

Admitted been lazy with my migrating though only brought across the ones it is impossible to get without trading and intend to breed to 'naturalise' them as Kalos mons.

I'm definitely curious as to how Diance will play out, some relation to Carbink seems almost necessary but then Phione and Manphy are right beside each other in the dex. I get the feeling there may be some twists and turns in the usual format of the end of the dex being 'normal' event legendaries. I mean Diance seems so related to Carbink and Volcanion almost seems like an evolved Heatran. Whilst Hoopa just seems to lack something as a legendary candidate imo - maybe a sort of 'evil' Jirachi but it puts me in mind of golett, castform, shuppet and rotom kinda.

Seems like kinda an event exclusive heavy gen already with Mega Blaziken, Diance, Volcainon, Hoopa and Mega Latios and Mega Latias all seemingly on the cards.

At above should work no problem - the conditions for such third-wheel legendaries is only ever to go to the right place with both of the other 2, doesn't matter where it came from as long as its still the right species of pokemon.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah, but I only have SS, so I can't get it.

Unless a Kyogre from Gen 3 can be used to unlock Rayquaza there?

Nope. The Kyogre has to be from HG and you need a Groudon from SS with your ID. Sucks I lack HG as well, but I simply GTS'd the Rayquaza.

I would finish the national dex but I sold my pearl about a year ago - with a full complement of all the previous legendaries :'(

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I would finish the national dex but I sold my pearl about a year ago - with a full complement of all the previous legendaries :'(

That sucks!

Though you can totally get them back via 'fakemon'

Messing around on my black game I used pokedit to build pokemon the lazy way to mess around with friends and testing them against pokemon bank pretty much all their defaults are built just right in terms of stats and orgins etc to pass checks so you can get them into x and y. The only ones that (quite predictably) don't work from default is an assortment of event-only pokemon that the defaults don't account for and 1 or 2 others. Using messing about the only ones I hit on that wouldnt be allowed were Terrakion due to an illegal move and Arceus, Keldeo, Genesect, Melloetta who all worked fine from the event pokemon database.

Also worth noting you can build up a good portion of the older legendaries totally legit for national dex purposes, even if not caught.

The three birds are all catchable.

Mewtwo is too obv.

Celebi can be garnered via the pokebank event (2nd time you use it its the gift you get)

Then at the Battle Maison

Nita uses the tao trio

Evelyn uses the three beats + Latias

Dana uses the three golems (and the three birds)

Morgan uses the three swords of justice + Latios

So in terms of pre Gen 5 legendaries all that is 100% missing is Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyorge, Groundon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Uxie, Mespirt, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.

But the silver lining there is most of them can be traded for on the GTS afaik only Mew, Deoxys, Jirachi, Shaymin and Arceus can't be traded due to being event-only sources.

Of course still a pita and a bummer, be at least we have pokebank now so we can throw a few bucks at it every time a new gen arrives and safely transport a collection across. In a week or two I'm gonna start my big breeding mission to try and get a lvl 100 of every single pokemon stored up and see if I can't make a few peoples day on wonder trade with some of the non-obtainable in this gen pokemon, or ones people ask an arm and a leg for on gts (eg bulba, squirtle, charmander, chespin, froakie and fennekin)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

In BW2 it was for catching all of the national dex, but everything I've seen for XY just says 'complete' the national dex which would suggest having just seen them all and thus filled out all the dex entries would suffice.

Dunno bout the Battle Maison thing I don't see why they wouldn't add to it, seeing other trainers pokemon a anywhere else adds to the dex, but if they don't then 'complete' should be achievable via battling a few helpful friends no? Or do wifi battles not add to the dex?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

In BW2 it was for catching all of the national dex, but everything I've seen for XY just says 'complete' the national dex which would suggest having just seen them all and thus filled out all the dex entries would suffice.

Dunno bout the Battle Maison thing I don't see why they wouldn't add to it, seeing other trainers pokemon a anywhere else adds to the dex, but if they don't then 'complete' should be achievable via battling a few helpful friends no? Or do wifi battles not add to the dex?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Battle Maison, and as far as I know Wifi battles, don't add to the Pokedex at all.

Anyway to even get the Oval Charm in the first place you need to complete the Regional Pokedex by capturing everything, implying you'd need to complete the National Pokedex likewise to get the Shiny Charm.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.