Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

I just got a modest xerneas with 31/3/31/23/21/31 on my fourth try. I am using a synchronizer.

That looks okay to me for ingame. I don't see myself playing online or going to any events.

Tbf a legendary (or a ditto or a unown) with anything close to good IVs is bloody amazing for legit gaming considering you can't IV breed so its rather hard to have them with good IVs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Legendaries in X/Y are guaranteed to have 3 IVs at 31, by the way.

The same is true for everything in the undiscovered group, including babies (which can pass on those 31s after evolving) and Nidorina/Nidoqueen. If the bank Celebi is any indication, that probably extends to events and such as well.

• Like 1

Yea. From what I read catching babies in the wild starts perfect iv chains.

Some of the pokemon I've been getting from gts/wonder trading look great. I was able to get speed boost torchic fairly quickly. Someone gave me a 4 31iv scizor too.

I was looking at the chart of Psychic Inver's pokemon. Can anyone confirm that using theif can get one three in-battle items per day?

You cannot farm items off of trainers since Generation V, if memory serves. Since he uses the same Pokemon that are the Battle Maison lineups, I doubt they'd let us farm for items like Assault Vest and Choice Band easily.

Thief can steal items in trainer battles but only for the duration of the battle.

Tbh its not too hard to farm most useful items in XY anyway.

Like using soft resets at inver to get the right pokemon then using false swipes to rig the score to get the evo stones. Soft resets also the bomb for shadow drop type pokemon and shaking object pokemon (eg save right by a shaking bin in lost hotel then open it and soft reset if its not a rotom)

And using compound eyes + frisk + thief quite easy to farm other useful items (eg a chansey for happy eggs) 

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You say that, but I'm not sure if you've ever tried farming Leftovers :mrgreen:

3 Level 100 Ambipoms and still not enough to help me net a third one. Why can't Leftovers be another of those items buyable from the Battle Facility?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had some time to kill while waiting at the airport so I decided to breed a Kangaskhan for Maison.

Had a 4IV Gible and 4IV Kang in the daycare.

After about 20~ eggs I managed to breed a 5iv Kang but it had Early bird instead of scrappy. I decided to replace the 4IV Kang in the daycare with this one because it's a 40% chance of getting Scrappy instead (right?).

HATCHED FOUR 5IV KANGASKHANS IN A ROW, ALL WITH EARLY BIRD

HATCHED MORE EGGS AND GOT A [bleep]ING 6IV KANGASKHAN WITH EARLY [bleep]ING BIRD.

I'm just going to buy an Ability Capsule.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• 2 weeks later...

So months after everyone else, I finally got a 3DS and Pokemon X.

FC's 1263-7692-6199, and if ALG is to be trusted, I have a Fighting type Safari with Mankey, Pancham, and Riolu.

Hope that's good enough for you guys.

This has literally made my year (make of that what you will). Prior to HGSS, Sapphire was by far my favourite of all pokemon games. I guess this is where Mega Lati@s will make their appearances.

Wonder if we will see Mega Groudon and Kyogre too with these games, they might even be set later than the originals to accommodate this.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

It wouldn't be a remake if it was in the future.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

It wouldn't be a remake if it was in the future.

They haven't specifically said it's a remake, just that they are a "fresh take on Ruby and Sapphire" so there's scope for it. At the very least they're going to have to find away to suddenly explain mega-evolution in the games.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."