Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

It wouldn't be a remake if it was in the future.

They haven't specifically said it's a remake, just that they are a "fresh take on Ruby and Sapphire" so there's scope for it. At the very least they're going to have to find away to suddenly explain mega-evolution in the games.

I'd say most of the stuff in that trailer heavily imply it is not a remake and more in the vein of bw2

"an epic new adventure is coming!" - a remake does not really constitute a 'new' adventure.

"explore a dramatic new world" - a remake of hoenn as it was wouldn't really be a 'new world.'

Plus its kinda inevitable its gonna be changed - they can't just ignore megas and fairy-typing and pokebank will ensure both can easily enter the game.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I wonder if Hoopa and Volcanion will be in this remake opposed to being XY events?

Hoopa in particular I always felt fitted with Jirachi as a kind of pair, which would fit with Hoenn.

The concept of Volcanion kinda fits well with Kyorge and Groundon and Rayquaza too sort of the core of the planet beneath the land and sea vs the skies above of rayquaza. Also kinda felt Volcanion and Heatran could have a link like Diance and Carbink, but that doesnt fit with Hoenn particularly.

Another question this raises for me is will we see more starter megas?

Would make sense for mega-blaziken to show up with a torchic starter, so could it mean megas for sceptile and swampert?

Also wonder, if it isnt just a remake, whether it could bring with it a whole raft of new megas, the gen 6 pokedex additions are quite slim, even with the megas in there - would make sense for there to be some more perhaps.

I also feel this may not be the last games of this gen, I feel like and xy 2 or z or w/e may appear to open up southern kalos.

It just stands out very much to me that Kalos is divded quite clearly into central, coastal and mountain but then Kiloude City is on its own further south than anything else and referred to specifically as a southern kalos city.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

According to Serebii they have been confirmed to be "full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire" and that the pokemon on the cases are "never before seen pokemon" which pretty much confirms either mega-evos, alternate formes or something like Kyurem from BW2.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

You know what bugs me? The pronunciation of Rattata. I've always pronounces it Rat-uh-tah, which sounds kind of like rat attack if you left off the ck. Sounds better. But everyone else pronounces it like it that video, Ruh-tah-tuh, which is weird and I don't understand.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Yeah, I'm the same way.

In other news, I've been playing Pokemon Zeta/Omicron. A ridiculously good fan-made game. Don't know if anyone else has posted it or played it or whatever. It's tiding me over before Ruby/Sapphire 2: Electric Boogaloo, though.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

You know what bugs me? The pronunciation of Rattata. I've always pronounces it Rat-uh-tah, which sounds kind of like rat attack if you left off the ck. Sounds better. But everyone else pronounces it like it that video, Ruh-tah-tuh, which is weird and I don't understand.

Things like Arceus are pronounced Ark-E-Us instead of Arr-See-Us.... They seem to have issues pronouncing things like they are spelled. There are a few others, but I can't think of them at the moment.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Things like Arceus are pronounced Ark-E-Us instead of Arr-See-Us.... They seem to have issues pronouncing things like they are spelled. There are a few others, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Arguably in your example both are pronouncing it like it is spelt, it just depends how you break it down because it does literally have the word 'arc' in it.

Ark-E-Us = Arc/e/us

Arr-See-Us = Ar/ce/us

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yeah... I think that the Pokedex 3D pronounces all of the names as they are intended to be pronounced.

Another one that pisses me off is Rayquaza. I know I pronounce it wrong, but it just makes my mouth feel dirty pronouncing it properly.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

How is it a 'leak' when it is officially released information from a magazine known for getting a bunch of pre-launch stuff from pokemon company?

Any ways the new megas look nice as do the 'ancient devolutions' for kyorge and groudon; be interesting to see 'ancient devolution' concept applied to genesect to show what it was before; would also be perhaps cool if they applied it to some ordinary pokemon to show a 'common ancestor of sorts' (e.g pikachu, minun, plusle, dedenne, pachirisu etc.)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Here I was hoping Mega Swampert would get Drizzle, but that Swift Swim allows it to live up to some of its dex entries. Is it also odd I was expecting Steven Stone to be associated with Mega Aggron, which isn't the case this time? Mega Sceptile is rather odd. Grass/Dragon is neat, but Lightningrod? I was hoping for something like Tough Claws so it can use a bit of its physical movepool.

Brendan looks like he got a tan too...

Sceptile-M will be garbage. It's special movepool is garbage, and it is just ice shard bait like all other dragons. They should have given it a better secondary typing like poision or even, dare I say it, flying. Flying makes much more sense for sceptile than dragon.

Swampert-M should have gotten sap sipper as an ability. Swift swim doesn't help it as it is still out-sped by a lot of things. Many walls can just come in on swampert (ferro) and stop it dead.

Two really missed opportunities to do something good with those pokes.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Sceptile-M will be garbage. It's special movepool is garbage, and it is just ice shard bait like all other dragons. They should have given it a better secondary typing like poision or even, dare I say it, flying. Flying makes much more sense for sceptile than dragon.

For what it's worth, there's some speculation that it'll be really good against Rotom-W.

Rotom-w isn't a problem. Its usage has fallen off a lot. Venasaur screws it, Excadrill screws it, Breloom screws it, Charizard, Gardevoir screws it, and plenty of other things.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

I'm not surprised, I'm just disappointed.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

It will still die to an Absorb from a level 1 Treecko.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

It will still die to an Absorb from a level 1 Treecko.

While tanking everything else with ease and dealing massive damage against nearly everything with just STAB Earthquake and Waterfall.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

You know, it just occurred to me this would be the first official return of Contests since Gen IV. I wonder if it would be any different given all the changes such as actually making it more interesting than the boring display it was before.

EDIT: Tried a second attempt at winning the Super Doubles trophy. Unfortunately, Mega Garchomp's Rock Slide missing both targets on the first attack and Tailwind petering out just as I was in need of that speed boost got me ruined by Evelyn again. Here was the team.

Katie (Talonflame) @ Focus Sash

252 atk/252 spe/6 in def or something

Adamant/Gale Wings

- Flare Blitz

- Brave Bird

- U Turn

- Tailwind

Role: Basically, she gets up tailwind and U-Turns Tyranitar in so Garchomp and immediately begin abusing Sand Force-boosted attacks.

T.K. (Garchomp) @ Garchompite

252 atk/4 spa/252 spe

31/31/31/31/31/30

Naughty/Sand Veil -> Sand Force

- Rock Slide

- Earthquake

- Fire Blast 

- Protect

Role: Kill things. Tailwind makes up for the speed drop, Fire Blast is for Steel types (hence lack of Dragon type attacks... which is a bit of an issue at times), and Sand Force boosted Rock Slide and Earthquake is for the rest. I usually protect on first turn before Mega evolving in the event the opponent leads with Ice-types with a lot of speed such as Froslass so it can Mega Evolve and wreck them under Tailwind.

Yurippe (Tyranitar) @ Air Balloon

200 hp/252 spa/56 spe (I was never good at this part since I wanted her to outspeed under Tailwind)

Modest/Sand Stream

- Protect

- Dark Pulse

- Thunderbolt

- Ice Beam

Role: To start off, the reason my Tyranitar is a pure special attack is that my build was mostly physical and had trouble with things like Slowbro and Suicune initially. What didn't help things was that I was destined to run into a certain Suicune eventually and Slowbro was usually going to set up Trick Room (another thing that gives me issues). Anyways, Balloon is so I can switch into Mega Garchomp's boosted Earthquakes and Protect is for baiting Fighting types and/or backup for Balloon. Thunderbolt is to hit those bulky Water types decently and Ice Beam was mostly because I don't have a way of hitting Dragon-types supereffectively.

Irvine (Excadrill) @ Life Orb

252 atk/252 spe

Adamant/Sand Stream

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- Aerial Ace

- Protect

Role: Basically backup if Mega Chomp falls or can send him in to wreck shit alongside him. Earthquake is obvious, Rock Slide the same, and Aerial Ace was added due to evasion abusers. Protect is for things like evading EQ (especially if it comes from my Mega Chomp).

Right now, I have no idea where to go with this since I might just use something more practical even though I had some fun coming up with something without totally blowing up in my face.