Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Lokie,

Why do you have 3 things weak to water on your team? Swap out talonflame for latios if you want tailwind support. Or maybe thundorus. 

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

As megas go, mega sableye is kinda boring looking...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

At least it doesn't look retarded like Lati@s-M.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I feel like maybe the Lati@s Mega in XY was like a beta/alpha leftover, or at least I hope so. I mean with the remakes coming it doesn't make sense for any sort of Lati@s thing to be in XY - just like the other megas from that game aren't; plus it does seem very very derpy to take 2 distinctly different pokemon and give them 1 model for megas.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Lokie,

Why do you have 3 things weak to water on your team? Swap out talonflame for latios if you want tailwind support. Or maybe thundorus. 

It was an attempt at sand-based offense, and a lousy one at that. Hell, I am genuinely surprised I even got to Evelyn twice given the numerous faults with it. Was thinking of tweaking the team again, but that won't mean much with OR/AS coming this year.

You could try storm drain cradily or gastrodon if you want something that will perform in sand without a water weakness.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Now that you mention it, I can breed up a Gastrodon rather easily. I would like to try Cradily, but that'd take awhile given I don't have one with good IVs to work with. Assuming I scrap Talonflame for Latias for Tailwind support (I was getting annoyed how Fake Out + Rock type attacker combos kept disrupting my Tailwind lead attempt), I am unsure who to axe for Gastrodon. Then again, I could get rid of the idea of Tailwind support period since Chomp might as well go Mega and abuse the hell out of Sand Force-boosted Rock Slides and Earthquakes before dying and let Excadrill try cleaning up in time before sand goes, especially given the fact Tailwind petering out on me at the worst possible time in my last battle with Evelyn caused me to lose ([bleep]ing Rock Slide miss haxes on M-Chomp was the other factor).

At least it looks beautiful, but kinda unnecessary though. The new ORAS megas haven't exactly been impressive so far.

Anyways, hatched my 31/xx/30/31/31/31 Elektrike with some nice RNG manipulation. HP breeding sucks even with that tweaking method to alleviate the annoyance.

I recently went to my local Pokemon League. It was like stepping into a country populated entirely by fedora-wearing neckbeards and children. Nonetheless it was a good experience and practice for VGC. I met a couple of people who are going to Nationals including the regional champion for the junior division. I'm going to try to make it a habit to go back every couple of weeks to keep battling with them. Hopefully it'll prepare me enough so I can actually participate in the 2015 championships.

• Like 1
lighviolet1lk4.jpg

My project to breed up a living pokedex of fully trained pokemons is not going as well as I'd imagined it might.

Thus far I have 3 5 IV (no att) bulbasaurs all setup to be trained into my bulbasaur, ivysaur and venusaur.

I've got a different natured bulbasaur awaiting being iv bred for mega venusaur.

And I've just about planned (aside from ideal hold items) the 5 charmanders I need to get (for mander, meleon, izard, mega x and mega y builds) and they are gonna be more pita than bulbas cause i need 3 diff natures and 6 diff egg moves.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

My project to breed up a living pokedex of fully trained pokemons is not going as well as I'd imagined it might.

Thus far I have 3 5 IV (no att) bulbasaurs all setup to be trained into my bulbasaur, ivysaur and venusaur.

I've got a different natured bulbasaur awaiting being iv bred for mega venusaur.

And I've just about planned (aside from ideal hold items) the 5 charmanders I need to get (for mander, meleon, izard, mega x and mega y builds) and they are gonna be more pita than bulbas cause i need 3 diff natures and 6 diff egg moves.

Why would you do this? What is the point of properly breeding and fully training base/2nd stages that you won't use? That's 718 Pokemon + mega evolutions + forms and you're not even going to use a majority of them ever.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Because I want to have a fully trained living pokedex.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Arguably even playing pokemon in the first place is pointless - it doesn't further your survival in anyway shape or form. So why do you play it? Why do you train pokemon for battles that gain you nothing?

Probably because you want to and derive some form of enjoyment from doing so.

I happen to like setting myself challenging goals and completing things as fully as can be to derive enjoyment from a game, so I decided to try and make a fully trained living pokedex opposed to just a normal living pokedex and just normal trained pokemon.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I have toyed with that, but it seems kinda pointless since I'll basically have a living dex in the process of creating the trained one.

Got like 550-ish atm and I'm gonna end up getting more middle stages in the course of getting pokerus - can't find it for the life of me atm ='[ and working on egg moves and hidden abilities.

Like the time could be better invested in just focussing on the main goal kinda thing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I have been wondering trading a number of rejects but no luck.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

That sounded very redundant... 

Yeah, it was about time they hit the 100 million trade mark. I got mine and boxed it immediately since it serves no use for me other than a collection piece. Diancie event will be out in Japan later this month due to the 17th movie, so that should be something to look forward to.... unless the event in the US involves having to go to a GameStop (which I am nowhere near).