Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

So Pokemon Platinum is soon to be released in Japan, and there seems to be some alternate forms to existing Pokemon in this new game.

Anyone looking forward to it and getting the game?

Actually it has been released in japan.

Just go to Serebii.net to view new information as it is discovered.

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

And in other news, Garchomp has been promoted. He is now officially a uber, and not allowed in standard battles.

So I get to rebuild my team. :wall:

What prompted the change?

It's been coming for a while.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry

Jolly, 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Swords Dance

Outrage

Earthquake

Fire Fang / Fire Blast

This was the deadliest Pokemon in Standard. Basically, you find an opportunity to switch in (which isn't hard... considering it absorbs T-Wave). Later in the game, you've already seen most of the rest of their team. Assuming you switched it in at the right time, whatever they used really couldn't touch you so they have to switch. Now,

Fast Pokemon with Ice Move was switched in.

Garchomp used SD.

Fast Pokemon uses Ice move.

Garchomp lives thanks to Yache Berry, +2 Outrage / Earthquake / Fire Fang depending on what they brought in against you.

Bulky Pokemon with Ice Move was switched in.

Garchomp used SD.

Garchomp used Outrage / Earthquake / Fire Fang depending on which Pokemon.

Garchomp takes and lives an Ice attack thanks to Yache berry.

Garchomp kills it.

Garchomp pretty much always yielded at least 1 - 2 kills unless their whole team was bent on killing Garchomp. If that was the case, the rest of your team would pretty much sweep the floor with them. To make matters worse, if either player sends out a Tyranitar, Garchomp's ability gives him 20% evade, so even if you get a chance to kill him, you might miss.

With Sandstorm everywhere, Stealth Rock making Ice Types unviable, it was pretty inevitable that they would move Garchomp to Uber.

I find it REALLY funny though, that the day they move Garchomp to uber, Platinum gives Gyarados and Salamence both Outrage. #-o

Serebii and all these sites have the information because they're playing on a ROM that someone leaked out.

Well the opinion that Garchomp is broken has been circulating around since a year ago or two ago, when DP was first released in Japan. Now it's finally being moved to Ubers, though I still think Rayquaza would be more prefered over him in that tier. But Ray lacks SD and has only Dragon Dance, which still is a very powerful move on him.

It'll be really interesting to see how people respond to Salamence and Gyarados' Outrage. Hey, did Snorlax get Slack Off?

Serebii and all these sites have the information because they're playing on a ROM that someone leaked out.

Well the opinion that Garchomp is broken has been circulating around since a year ago or two ago, when DP was first released in Japan. Now it's finally being moved to Ubers, though I still think Rayquaza would be more prefered over him in that tier. But Ray lacks SD and has only Dragon Dance, which still is a very powerful move on him.

It'll be really interesting to see how people respond to Salamence and Gyarados' Outrage. Hey, did Snorlax get Slack Off?

- Rayquaza shuts down weather. That can be good or bad. Sand Veil either is good or does nothing. Garchomp wins in ability.

- Flying/Dragon takes 25% from SR. Ground/Dragon takes 6.25% from SR. Ground/Dragon gets STAB Earthquake and Outrage. Rayquaza doesn't really get many good STAB Flying attacks. Ground lets it switch in on Thunder (common thanks to presence of Rain) and T-Wave. Garchomp wins in typing.

- Garchomp has higher Speed, HP, and Defense. While it's got lower Attack, it's still more than sufficient. Rayquaza does have the option of mixed sweeping and slightly higher attack though. They're fairly even as far as stats go.

- Rayquaza wins in movepool, but as far as physical combat goes, they're still even. If you want a special attacker, other than Chain Chomp, you wouldn't pick Chomp anyways.

Snorlax does not get Slack Off, but it gets Outrage as well. :wall:

Anyways, Garchomp will still probably see some usage in Ubers.

OK I got every pokemon I can get w/o trading, w/o going to events and w/o getting beuty up to max :P

Boring now :P So nothing to do.

I'm definately getting Platinum (thats the new one coming out right?) as it has battle tower....Thats why I loved Emerald...And it can just lower the stats to 50 this time, not have to have a lvl 50 exact :)

Doomy edit: I like sheep

[hide=Spoiler]All three legendary birds are in platinum. all are level 60 and you have to chase them down like the dogs.[/hide]

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Umm actually, the people on serebii imported it.

wailord.png

Theres not to say there isnt one, though.

PURATINA.jpg

If I werent so busy playing Touhoumon [yes, a Touhou mod for pokemon], id probably play this. Its all in kana, making it much easier to read for me. And the fact that I dont particularly care for pokeymans after the Silver/Gold/Platinum generation.

knkcopy.jpg

Theres not to say there isnt one, though.

PURATINA.jpg

If I werent so busy playing Touhoumon [yes, a Touhou mod for pokemon], id probably play this. Its all in kana, making it much easier to read for me. And the fact that I dont particularly care for pokeymans after the Silver/Gold/Platinum generation.

No, I'm not denying there isn't one, and I think you meant crystal. I would actually download it, but I can't read Japanese or like DS emulators in general.

wailord.png

No, I'm not denying there isn't one, and I think you meant crystal. I would actually download it, but I can't read Japanese or like DS emulators in general.

Derp, yeah, crystal.

To be honest, you dont need to know any Japanese, as long as you know the basic storyline and have a basic knowledge of the pokeymans.

knkcopy.jpg

Does anyone here actually have WFC and a team? I finished another one of my teams... although my lead is failing miserably so far. Probably because out of the first 5 opponents I've had, none of them used one of the "popular" leads that my lead is made to counter. :wall:

Oh god Touhoumon :XD:

If only the rest of the population knew what you were talking about.

Oh god Touhoumon :XD:

If only the rest of the population knew what you were talking about.

We do. At least, I do. :XD:

soma i've got WFC and a team, question is when do u wanna battle.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

My new favorite move is fury cutter, Scizor + Max Swords Dance + Fury Cutter with special ability, swam/technician. is instant win. On WFC, I do 3v3s with my friends.

This is what happened through the last battle.

Sent out Scizor,

Opponent sent out Tyranitar

Sandstorm crap.

Scizor used Swords Dance

Tyranitar went underground

Scizor used Protect.

Tyranitar used Dig. Fail protected.

Scizor used Swords Dance.

Tyranitar used Fire Blast.

Scizor hung on using Focus Band.

Scizor used X-scissor.

Tyranitar fainted.

Rapidash was sent out.

Rapidash used Fire Blast - missed, arent I lucky

Scizor used rest.

Rapidash bounced.

asleep

Came down

asleep

Rapidash used Double Edge

Woke up, used fury cutter,

Half health,

Rapidash used Fire Blast - missed again.

Scizor used fury cutter,

Rapidash fainted.

Thats just the first two pokemans.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

I cannot stand Pokemon.

I have to ask you guys, why do you like it so much? (I'm not trying to troll, I'm just curious why people like it)

Because if you can get past the "kiddiness" of the whole game, and can stand the ridiculously dull storyline, it's one of the best strategy games when playing against other players. It's got a great competitive aspect, VERY flexible, and with such a large metagame, the game is regulated enough that there's quite a bit of variability.

amen to that soma. for the record i love the story lines. cept d/p couldn't quite figure that one out. thought it went kinda fast imo.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.