Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Anyone wanna tell me why Yanmega is so good? Noone told me when I asked before :|

So, I have wireless broadband, why cant I connect via Wi-Fi on my DS?

I really would like a yanma XD

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Shadow, are we going to use normal tournament rules, like sleep clause, evasion clause, etc.. I'm just wondering.

I don't even know what those are.

They are there to ensure that an online match does not become one sided. Evasion clause bans the use of accuracy dropping or evasion raising moves, so that matches don't go on for hours if the pokemon keep missing each other. Sleep clause prevents more than one pokemon from being put to sleep at a time. Uber clause bans pokemon on the uber list (like dialga, palkia, mewtwo, etc...)

There are a few more, soma might have a link to them all. I'll try googling for one.

Anyone wanna tell me why Yanmega is so good? Noone told me when I asked before :|

So, I have wireless broadband, why cant I connect via Wi-Fi on my DS?

I really would like a yanma XD

Speed boost ability, plus a good moveset.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

2nd part, about wifi?

@Uber list, lol, cause people need legendaries to win alot :XD:

Plus legendaries have abnormally high stats, and are somewhat cheap. (Though most fall easily to common pokemon)

You could have a Yanmega with Protect, Air Slash, Ancient Power, and Bug Buzz and it will cover rock, bug, and air all at once. Protect gives it one turn of a free speed boost, and you can attack a wide variety of pokemon. It is useful ingame and online, but getting one ingame may be a problem.

I was thinking of "Why wont Wi Fi on my DS work? I have wireless broadband." Question thingy. But thanks. :P

My wii had a similar problem for a while. My DS would connect to wifi just fine, but my Wii stopped. We had to get a wired connection for the Wii's internet to start working again, but I don't think you can get a wired connection with the DS.

Ah, well, any idea why mine wont connect? Or do I have to beat some certain point for it to connect :? ?

ME WANT YANMA!

Btw, change thread to Pokeventures :XD:

Ah, well, any idea why mine wont connect? Or do I have to beat some certain point for it to connect :? ?

ME WANT YANMA!

I could use the GTS since I first found it in the game, so you should as well. (GTS is global trade station, the wifi trading area in the first big city I believe)

They are there to ensure that an online match does not become one sided. Evasion clause bans the use of accuracy dropping or evasion raising moves, so that matches don't go on for hours if the pokemon keep missing each other. Sleep clause prevents more than one pokemon from being put to sleep at a time. Uber clause bans pokemon on the uber list (like dialga, palkia, mewtwo, etc...)

There are a few more, soma might have a link to them all. I'll try googling for one.

Yep, that's alright.

Ninjask = fail imo, too speedbased.

Substitute + Sword's Dance + Baton Pass... If it can survive long enough to pass, it's not fun. Only thing that can outrun it is speed Deoxys, and speed boost fixes that quickly.

Plus if you're not into competitive play, it's decent.

Yeah yeah, I dont really like it, it's not my type of .. pokeman. I used to use it for a while on my sapphire.

It's a pokemon that has high speed, and an ability that boosts speed. That's kinda useless to me, especially when its other stats are kinda low.

And tbh, if I wanted a substitute pokemon I'd use a tank :XD:

ALG, any idea why DS doesnt work with my 'wireless broadband'?

Yeah yeah, I dont really like it, it's not my type of .. pokeman. I used to use it for a while on my sapphire.

It's a pokemon that has high speed, and an ability that boosts speed. That's kinda useless to me, especially when its other stats are kinda low.

And tbh, if I wanted a substitute pokemon I'd use a tank :XD:

ALG, any idea why DS doesnt work with my 'wireless broadband'?

What message does it give when you try to connect?

It says.. (In pokemon at GTS)

"No compatible access point in range. Check your connection settings and try again.

For help, visit www.nintendowifi.com.

(51099)

Do I have to like configure it or something?

It says.. (In pokemon at GTS)

"No compatible access point in range. Check your connection settings and try again.

For help, visit http://www.nintendowifi.com.

(51099)

Do I have to like configure it or something?

Guess I will ask in tech :|

Anyone wanna trade (your) yanma for (my) goldeen? :pray:

Game: Platinum

Question: Is it possible to get a full Eevee-team BEFORE the League? And what kind of set-up & moveset should I take if it is feasible?

My party setup would probably be

Flareon - Flamethrower, Fire Spin, FAtk1, FAtk2

Jolteon - Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Spark

Espeon - Psychic, Recover, Psybeam, EAtk1

Umbreon - Moonlight, UAtk1, UAtk2, UAtk3

Leafeon - Solarbeam, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Sunny Day

(whatever the Icy one is named) - Ice Beam, Blizzard, Rain Dance, Surf/Bubblebeam/Hydro Pump

Suggestions on what to place in the empty fields and changes to the setups appreciated.

Second team for Challenges like Battle Frontier and the like:

Tyranitar - Earthquake, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt (he can learn those right?)

Charizard - Flamethrower, Fly, Earthquake, CAtk1

Either Alakazam or Gengar -

Suggestions on what to place in the empty fields and changes to the setups appreciated.

I am not a competitive player, so I don't need to care about EV's/IV's.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

EV's dont particularly matter, but stab does.

I dont think it is, unless you get an egg over wifi.

Nice eevee party :P You're missing vaporeon :(

Not sure about tyranitar..

and whats CAtk1?

Oh, and I'd go Alakazam, but, seriously if you want to use alakazam you WANT to EV speed up so its a bit higher than normal, he has very bad defence, so dont tell me its not competative, if you're using him for battle thingies. :shame:

CAtk1 means Charizard Attack 1, placeholder. Needs to be filled. Can't think of a good attack to place.

Vaporeon & Iceon are Water & Ice, I don't know which one I should place in my party. Only 6 are allowed =( Of course Vaporeon will be trained for Fire-gyms and the like.

And what are the easiest HM-slaves?

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Mew is the best HM Slave lol XD

realisticly, I think gyarados can learn Surf, Waterfall, Strength and maybe rock smash. This might be good.

Vaporeon is water, glaceon is ice. Personally, I dislike Umbreon; a dark pokemon generally doesnt have many super effective attacks, while Vaporeon is a very good pokemon; it has a decent defence, very nice hp, and etcetera.

For Charizards next attack, I think a strong, normal type attack based move would be good; Strength, maybe double-edge if he can learn it. (cant check atm)

Game: Platinum

Question: Is it possible to get a full Eevee-team BEFORE the League? And what kind of set-up & moveset should I take if it is feasible?

My party setup would probably be

Flareon - Flamethrower, Fire Spin, FAtk1, FAtk2

Jolteon - Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Spark

Espeon - Psychic, Recover, Psybeam, EAtk1

Umbreon - Moonlight, UAtk1, UAtk2, UAtk3

Leafeon - Solarbeam, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Sunny Day

(whatever the Icy one is named) - Ice Beam, Blizzard, Rain Dance, Surf/Bubblebeam/Hydro Pump

Second team for Challenges like Battle Frontier and the like:

Tyranitar - Earthquake, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt (he can learn those right?)

I am not a competitive player, so I don't need to care about EV's/IV's.

Not caring about EVs is fine if you're playing in game, but IVs may still matter, because they can give your Pokemon more type coverage. On that subject, your team has VERY redundant type coverage, even for in-game use. If you want to build a team of all Eevees,

First, you NEED Vaporeon. Vaporeon is officially the best of all 7 evolutions, both in-game and competitively. The best one to leave out would be Flareon, simply because Flareon's stats don't agree with its movepool. This isn't a matter of competitiveness or not... this is like giving Gyarados Surf. It just doesn't work. Flareon has very nice base attack, and horrid base special attack... but no good physical attack moves, but tons of good special attack moves.

Vaporeon - Surf, Ice Beam, Wish, Protect

This will give you two types of attacks, both with decent power. Wish/Protect functions as recover does. You can also heal your other Pokemon with Wish and save yourself some Potions.

Jolteon - Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Shadowball

There is really no point in Spark if you have thunderbolt. However, Thunder works good in rain. Thunderwave actually isn't all that useful in-game either, so if you want, replace it with Yawn (which will help for catching stuff).

Espeon - Psychic, Hidden Power, Calm Mind, Wish/Morning Sun

First of all, Espeon can't even learn recover and I don't know if it gets Psybeam. Morning sun usually acts like recover but heals extra in sun, and less in Hail, Rain, or Sandstorm. Hidden Power is a very overlooked attack. It has up to 70 Base Attack (which isn't bad at all, running off of Espeon's high special attack). However, it can also have any type in the game. It's calculated base on your IVs. It might take a few uses to figure out what type of HP your Espeon has, but as long as it isn't Psychic, it'll be a MUCH more useful move than Psybeam could be.

Umbreon - Curse, Payback, Body Slam, Wish/Moonlight

Umbreon is not a very good in-game Pokemon as a whole, thanks to its poor movepool. However, one of the more competitive sets with some modification may suit you pretty well. Curse raises your attack and defense, at the cost of your abysmal speed stat (no loss there). Use it as many times as you feel safe, up to 6, and Payback / Body Slam will do serious damage to a lot of things. Body Slam gets the benefit of Paralysis though. Payback does extra if you get hit before you attack, so low speed is actually beneficial.

Leafeon - Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, Return, X-Scissor/Synthesis

Remember, physical moves for high physical attack, special moves for high special attack. Leafeon has pathetic special attack but excellent attack and respectable speed. SD will allow you to double his already enormous attack. Leaf Blade has increased criticals, Return is normal type so gives you some coverage, X-Scissor is bug type and also gives coverage. Alternatively, replace X-Scissor or Return with Synthesis for another healing move.

Glaceon - Ice Beam, Blizzard, Shadowball/Hidden Power, Hail

Ice Beam is only if you want to save time. Hail triggers Glaceon's ability and nets you 20% evade, while also making Blizzard 100% accurate AND break protect 30% of the time. Shadowball for coverage, although hidden power works well too. Glaceon does NOT get Surf, or Hydro Pump, or Bubblebeam.

As far as your second team goes...

NO NO NO NO NO. What the hell is this? >.<

Battle Frontier is MADE of hax. If you are not EV-ing your team, you will not stand a chance. And you will never get anywhere with a moveset like that. Assuming you want the current team,

Gengar (LEAD) @ Choice Scarf

252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, Timid

Shadowball, Focus Blast, Subsitute, Trick

Tyranitar @ Choice Band

252 Attack, 204 Speed, 52 Hitpoints, Adamant

Stone Edge, Crunch, Aqua Tail, Earthquake

Charizard @ Salac Berry

252 Attack, 252 Speed

Belly Drum, Endure, Fire Punch, Earthquake

When you start with Gengar, take advantage of your 450+ speed and blast away with Shadowball or Focus Blast, whichever will hurt them more. Once something comes in that can survive your Shadowball / Focus Blast, remember that choice scarf will not let you switch an attack. Instead, go to Tyranitar or Charizard.

Tyranitar is fairly simple. He'll have ridiculously high attack power with Choice Band + Base 134 attack. Stone Edge and Crunch get STAB. Earthquake is just a great move all around. Aqua Tail for more coverage. Again, you can only use ONE attack so pick the right one. Once you use it, you have to keep using it, or switch.

Then, Gengar has a trick up his sleeve... pun intended. Bring in Gengar on something that can't hurt Gengar, and use trick. That'll make THEM super fast... but also trap them into using one move. Which is great because Tyranitar is immune to psychic, Gengar is immune to normal, fighting, and ground, and Charizard is immune to ground. Plenty of immunities makes it very nice for a free switch in.

Charizard has a specific role. Bring it in on something that WILL NOT HURT IT MUCH. Use Bellydrum while they change (yes, battle frontier NPCs change their Pokemon accordingly). Use endure. They will hit you hard but you will have 1 HP left. Now you have +1 speed from Salac berry and +6 attack from Belly drum (which is a 50% speed boost, and a 300% attack boost... or 4x normal damage). Blast away with Earthquake and Fire Punch.

Do not try Battle Frontier with an in-game team or you will be horribly disappointed. The Pokemon in Battle Frontier ALL have perfect 31 IVs, and have EVs allocated correctly by nintendo. They also carry well distributed movesets, and know how to switch Pokemon and have the correct abilities. Finally, to make it worse, when you reach higher levels the odds are weighted in their favor. Guillotine no longer hits 30% of the time, it'll start hitting 80% of the time. Hypnosis will hit 90% of the time despite 60% accuracy. Quick claw activates almost all the time.

lol serious business huh

okay do mine

Drapion - Poison/Dark - Toxic Plate

*Toxic

*Poison Jab

*Crunch

*Substitute

Infernape - Fire/Fighting - Flame Plate

*Close Combat

*Flare Blitz

*Rest

*Sleep Talk

Metagross - Steel/Psychic - Iron Plate

*Earthquake

*Zen Headbutt

*Meteor Smash

*Light Screen

Can anyone give me a good setup for Leaf Green? I got my Charmeleon, Gyarados, a Sandshrew, uhh ... I'll be getting Farfetch'd soon.

Meh. I suck at Pokemon.

For an ingame team, if you have access to trading, get a machamp and a gengar, so you cover fight/ghost/poison/psychic all in those two pokemon.