Smash Club.

Caxis

If not established yet, yeah, keep the tournament here. And double-elimination...Yay. Sounds good, I'll be gone during the first two weeks of August so hopefully it won't be then.

I just realized I haven't played my friends in a month, so that's probably why I'm not as good anymore. (Either that, or all of you got better...) And I probably won't for a while, they're all off gone somewhere.

So that means I only have you guys to play. 1v1s, FFAs, fun matches, serious ( :ohnoes: ) brawls, I'm up for it...I can get on basically any time...Just post here, I'm not going to sit in front of my Wii all day at the Friend Roster screen.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be cool if we hosted a team Tourney. :) The teams would have to be randomized and team damage would be on of course. I think it would be cool. Anyone else think that's a good idea?

PS. I need to have a King Dee De Dee battle with you Penguingeek. I can fight you right now but my friend is over so it wouldn't be a 1v1... :|

prospektssigza4.jpg

I have the feeling I'll lose this time for two reasons:

1. I'm not using Olimar

2. I've been busy playing Touhou 10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, which is another fighting game for the PC. That means while practicing combo's on that game, I'll probably forget the ones I've learned in Brawl. :wall:

1. I'm not using Olimar

2. I've been busy playing Touhou 10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, which is another fighting game for the PC. That means while practicing combo's on that game, I'll probably forget the ones I've learned in Brawl. :wall:

Ow, he's getting the excuses in early. :P

I think a Team Brawl would be cool. Me and mano together please?

1. I'm not using Olimar

Yeah, Ive had this idea for a while as well. The team should be chosen by the people though...

Ill need to find a partner, with team attack on. (Of course)

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

What, while we ogle, you totally pwn us?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Wow. Just... wow.

I haven't seen this thread for a while, but it really makes me glad I left the tournament when I did. First came items, now comes banning death grab? Meh, at least the first tournament was fun...

I'm gonna guess I'll be flamed to hell for this. But if you can't deal with a huge weakness on a character, then you shouldn't be playing that character. What's next, you can't use projectiles against Ike? You can't edgehog against Olimar or Lucario? Death grab is not a bug.

Also, it's ridiculous that you are allowed to try to get 3-5 punches in against any character but Lucas. So what exactly does the rule mean? You have to throw Lucas or Ness the second you grab them? You can't try to rack up extra damage if you hit them?

Also, you DO know you can DI out of it, or stay on the edge where once you break out, you're free...

Wow. Just... wow.

I haven't seen this thread for a while, but it really makes me glad I left the tournament when I did. First came items, now comes banning death grab? Meh, at least the first tournament was fun...

I'm gonna guess I'll be flamed to hell for this. But if you can't deal with a huge weakness on a character, then you shouldn't be playing that character. What's next, you can't use projectiles against Ike? You can't edgehog against Olimar or Lucario? Death grab is not a bug.

Also, it's ridiculous that you are allowed to try to get 3-5 punches in against any character but Lucas. So what exactly does the rule mean? You have to throw Lucas or Ness the second you grab them? You can't try to rack up extra damage if you hit them?

Also, you DO know you can DI out of it, or stay on the edge where once you break out, you're free...

Death grab isnt considered a glitch, but it is a huge exploitation. Also, you cant DI out of it... It makes perfect sence to ban it. Who here knows what wobbling was...? Lol.

I didnt make any of these rules, but I would have to agree that if you ban this deathgrab there are many, many more infinites that this whole board doesnt know about... one that most of you would know is chaingrabbing with DDD in place.

Im not taking sides here, Im not in this tourny either. :| But for different reasons.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

1. I'm not using Olimar

Yeah, Ive had this idea for a while as well. The team should be chosen by the people though...

Ill need to find a partner, with team attack on. (Of course)

Well Kent, if we got to pick our own partners, I'd probably pair up with you...then again it wouldn't be fair. :lol:

Death grab isnt considered a glitch, but it is a huge exploitation. Also, you cant DI out of it... It makes perfect sence to ban it. Who here knows what wobbling was...? Lol.

I didnt make any of these rules, but I would have to agree that if you ban this deathgrab there are many, many more infinites that this whole board doesnt know about... one that most of you would know is chaingrabbing with DDD in place.

Im not taking sides here, Im not in this tourny either. :| But for different reasons.

Heh. Infinite grabs with DDD. Learned that the other day, didn't use it though.

If you ban deathgrab with Marth, to be honest, you might as well ban chaingrabbing in general. Isn't it basically the same? (I'm probably wrong, never really seen Marth's deathgrab but have heard plenty about it, not to mention DDD's)

It should be allowed, but looked down upon. Like the suicide moves I mentioned earlier. They're allowed, but people won't like you for it...

There's no way of making extremely fair teams, so I guess Caxis (Or whoever is hosting the tourney) will just have to pick names out of a hat. *Crosses fingers*

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Wow. Just... wow.

Sorry my lord, but I will un-ban it for the next tournament.

I will now spill my blood for you :D.

Well that was depressing

Mac 3

Fool 1

That was some sick ZSS there, man. I couldn't aim PKT to save my life. (Pun intended)

Good games.

That game where you won was a really good match. That PK fire kept getting really annoying :lol:. How come you kept missing the ledge with PKT? Was it because of the lag? I noticed lag whenever the game like first started. Oh and I like to throw the suit pieces off the ledge. ;)

To the whole Marth death grab thing, doesn't that decay after like 5 grabs? If it doesn't that's what makes the difference between other chain grabs. The move decays after a while making it ineffective.

prospektssigza4.jpg

Well Mac.. All of your damn whip moves outrange me, so I had to roll, spotdodge, and PK Fire. And yes, I'm usually spot on with PK thunder.. I had to use extra big loops and I couldn't make it work. Oh well. I've never played anybody half decent with ZSS, so it was new to me.

By the way.. D-Smash>D-Smash>F-tilt killed me.. 30% free for you.

EDIT: I wanted you to keep throwing pieces at me. I like using them myself.

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

I don't blame you.

Stun? Check

Nice damage? Check

Comboability? Check

By the way, how do you start a match as her? Your success makes me want to try.

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

anyone want to brawl?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif