Helping Others - The best reward?

compfreak847

The RuneScape community has evolved a lot over the past few years. Whether for good, or for bad, that's for you to decide. Some people have become self-obsessed, others just want fame. It's rough, but the small minority of nice people could make the difference.

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

i find i often go outta my way to help other people, and they almost always end up better than me (stats wise) but they still come back to me if they need a hand with something.

*best example* helped a freind of a freind (somone i had never met before) to finish a quest they were stuck with and they contacted me about a month later saying "thanks again for helping me, if you hadnt id never have got my quest cape"

so i got the warm fuzzy glow but i also got the feeling that id just been majorly overtaken by a level 40 noob that couldnt find varrock #-o

2e2f7zn.jpg1z5oswz.jpg14kktmv.png

2nhpyqv.jpg

sy9rti.jpg

It was so colourful, dudes, that it felt like my eyes were being massaged by marzipan fairies.

For me really, it depends on how busy I am. However, I always bless a grave when I see one, because I don't know whether this person has just died losing everything, and me blessing it could save their entire wealth, and that I would hope someone bless my grave if I died.

However, it also depends whether this person has been abusive to me/others, before they ask for my help. One time someone was really abussive towards a friend of mine, and then asked me for help. Obviously I refused, and then he was abussive to me, calling me a "noob" and to go kill myself. I mean :wall: how childish can people get?

A7x_fan_4eva.png

14 Skills at 99 All Skills 85+ 2370+ Total

3058 Glacor Kills 326 Shards of Armadyl 1 Ragefire 1 Glaiven 2 Steadfast 33 Effigys

17 Abyssal Whips 5 Staff of Light 5 Dark Bows 40 Dragon Boots 16 Polypore Sticks

62 Barrow Items 6 Pharah Sceptres 117 Effigys

::' It is really nice to see that so many people actually like helping others. I agree with those who say sometimes it depends on their moods, but on those days when I really don't feel like helping with something that might take too much time, I try to at least be very positive and friendly with a player. They usually are pretty understanding when I tell them no, I can't help then.

I do not weigh and judge who deserves to get help from me. I have discovered many nice players buried under a thin outer layer of "plz plz plz" Many of them are simply mimicking what they see others do, and are very young. We are getting younger and younger players and rather than become upset by it, I try to adjust how I deal with them, but always in a positive way. (There are times, of course, that a player is just.. abusive and nasty when I don't feel like taking him across the world and walking him through a quest--those times I generally teleport out, or put him on ignore after politely telling him that acting badly is really not going to get him anywhere at all with me.)

I have already said in many places that the trade changes made me sad, because they forced me to change some of the ways that I help folks. But I have adjusted and really there are many things to do that are helpful... My latest small helps have been when my slayer tasks take me to the greater demons and I use brimhaven dungeon. I fight off dogs for other people. Dogs never attack me anymore, and it only takes a short time to clear out a room so that others can get some greaters too. Sharing.. all that.. rather than being selfish... I like that...

I'm so glad many of you seem to truly like helping others...

~Turtle

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle

It gets annoying when people ask me for money or free stuff, but if they ask for help on a quest or help getting somewhere then i'll help out as much as I can.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Its a difficult decision to make as 9 out of 10 of people you try help are ungrateful.

exactly, i help basically every1 i can, wastes my time but usually just moping around anyway, but when people ask you somethin, you tell them everything they need to know then half the time just get "n00b" straight back off em, or just totally ignore what ya just said, like wth?! its like being in town and ya hold a door for some1, then they just glare at ya, feel like wasted ya time, but occasionally ya get someone who ya can tell really appreciated ya time and help, kinda relinquishes (if thats the right word spelt anywhere near the right spelling) your faith in the rs community

baileydafrog.png

I pledge myself most of the time to help people. We should help everyone no matter how high are combat or skill levels are. I must say that being high in combat and skilling we should go the extra step and always help because of our experience. :)

Yeah, I'm currently stuck f2p limbo. ( done all the quests, parents won't let me become member). Now I'm just wandering about to pass my time, I acutally quit for about a year before I rejoined to get wealthier.

Back to helping others, yeah I think so. I don't mind going out of my way to help someone, it feels good helping others.