Eagle Tas's Blog of Glory (13) - 99 Ranged!

If you have missed it, Kgisme and Gradeskip had their first skill capes. I attended to both and gave them my applause. It was fun seeing such a crowd of known faces gathering to two such personally big events as it must have been to Kgisme and Gradeskip93. Enjoy your 99s, you two! :D

Aww thanks, glad you were able to come ::'

Keep it up with the ranging! :D

K_G_Is_Me.png

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8th July 2008 - The Adventuring Couple

As Linnea has been going up to more respectable levels and graduatelly becomed stronger and more confident in her skills, it was just natural that we would finally end up monster hunting some together. Make a guess, we made a trip to everyone's favourite little animal who is residing in her cavern in Falador. Holy moley! You guessed right! We went to the giant (or more like pregnant) mole!

MoleOwningWithLinnea.png

Me and Linnea enjoying our victory over the crashers.

Of course, if you have ever gone "moling" you will know how bad the crasher situation is there. We had to hop three times before we settled for some ok world. On the first kill I got all the loot of 100 yew logs, why now a mole would carry something like that. Maybe it was hungry? On the second, we got crashed by two other players. Me and Linnea were the better team however, with her blade and my sharpshooting crossbow with emerald bolts (e), we owned her hard and got the drops you see on the picture above.

Prayer59.png

Congratulations myself! I earned a prayer level!

The day after we made another adventure. This trip however into a far more dangerous and less controlled environment. We went to hunt green dragons in the wilderness. Surviving the revenant attacks challenged our relationship, tested our communication between each other and filled us with fear and adrenaline.

1m.png

From rags to riches. Linnea is now a millionaire!

We survived however and earned a couple of ten thousands on their hides as well as a good share of prayer xp. Finally, Linnea's wealth has now reach the one million line. Oh yes do she feal rich now. I also have saved up a million, but that I do not consider as interesting since I earned that in a week on slayer, hehe. :D

I appreciate the positive feedback on the blog. So thank you for your continued reading. Until next time. <3:

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

9th July 2008 - Another violent tea party with the Giant Mole

It has only gone a few days since I went moling with Linnea when I felt like duoing again. This time, however, I brought Dr Paul Leet to the event. Either I was lucky or he was rather unlucky because I stole almost every drop through lootshare and earned a decent amount of money.

DrMoleNoob.png

Hello Dr Mole Noob!

Now, now, while I like Paul... a bit. Erm, I also spent the whole day ranging at red dragons! Now, I collected about 130 bones and d'hides and earned 400k on them. But what is appreciated is the nice favour Pastyganster did for me and allowed me to borrow his gilded altar for gaining prayer level 60!

Prayer60.png

Pastyganster is an angel! <3:

After I left the awfully well designed super house Pasty owned, having prayed and offered bones to Bob the Cat, I went back to Karamja to own some more red dragons. After lots of hard work sniping the big beasts from my somewhat safe spot, I earned myself a long anticipated ranged level 87!

RangedLevel87.png

When potted I now have ranged level 99! :P

Now I have 412k ranged xp to get before I can enjoy another level. So in the meanwhile I made a cute little avatar for me with sprites from a game I am developing. Here, have a look!

ChickyFamily.gif

ChickFamily © Fredrik "Eagle" Larsson, 2008

That's all the news for now, though. Transmission abort!

12th July 2008 - Accepted to college!

In this entry I will post something entirelly different to the usual level up reports, banter and me and Linnea's different, yet romantic life. Runescape is and has been a part of my life for many years now. However, it still remains just a fun past-time which I play when I have little else I want to do at that moment. So therefore, it is natural that I would eventually have to post about something even bigger and life-changing than Runescape.

When I came home on Friday after having spent a few cuddly days over at Linnea's apartment, my brother slapped me a thick and big envelope. I opened it in anticipation and read: "We write to you to welcome you to Jönköping Tekniska Högskola." Delighted of the happy news I yelled a big "Yahooo!" and ran straight to the computer to spread the news to Linnea and all my friends!

In 18th August, I will be on my way to a three year long adventure of becoming an college engineer in electrodesign (in other words, learning how to make and maintain complex circuits). However, before that, I will on the 1st August move to my new apartment which is 50 square meters and located in a lovelly residental area only 10 minutes on bicycle from the college. This is significant, as I may not have any or very limited access and time to play Runescape in August due to all this. If that is the case, it will heavily delay my goal to Ranged level 99 - but that's ok, as it can wait.

While college is a big deal and something I look forward to. Something else happened today as well that also is quite big. My uncle's wife, Raija, celebrates 50 years today. And of course, that means a big and fun party.

At 3 PM, we arrived in Gotemburg at the coast to the party. It started of a bit awkward with some quite forced mingle. I felt lost and uncomfortable as I am awful at talking with faces I do not know very well. The room was filled with both known faces as close family, uncles and cousins and people I have never seen before and lastly those that I probably knew but have not seen for so long that I no longer recognise them. Trying to not look too lost and lonely, I kept myself close to my more relaxed older brother and tried to seem involved in his conversation with one of my cousins and smile and laugh nervously whenever they said something funny.

After a, for me, bad start, the evening went on to the main course. Typical swedish summer party food was served such as eggs decorated with shrimps, bowls of refreshing summer salad, potato salad, salmon with lemon, fresh garlic bread, thin roast beef and chicken was served and I was quick to enjoy the good food. There was a discussion about children as in me and my brothers' possible future children and also one about how me and my least oldest brother (I have an even older that has moved to China) are moving out to our own apartments.

As everyone had grown comfortable and refreshed (as in had a few glasses of wine), a dance instructor walked and surprised us with a fun course in line dance. Me and my brother were the only two who got a hung of it, though, so I was called "Fredrik Travolta" by my uncle, haha. Having had my toes stepped on by the less talented participants and sweated a gallon in the warm, crowded dance, I really needed some air. So I went outside to check out the coast there and noticed a bird I did not recognise. Have to check that one out later. :)

Finally, it was time for speeches and cake. I admit I have skipped a few less important part of the party as the cheese plates and such, but nevermind that. I am being wordy as it is. We got to hear a funny little anecdote of how Aunt Raija as a child threw a rock into a well and fooled the neighbours into thinking she had fell down there. As they freneticly tried to save her, another neighbour walked up to them and asked "what are you doing?" -"We are trying to save Raija! Help us!" -"Oh, but she's over there, sitting behind those bushes" and the room was filled with laughter. As the cake was served Uncle Bernt played a little tough and said "move it, woman" to Aunt Agneta (his wife). I cracked a joke about how he's playing alpha male and then explained that men does that when they have had their peak. The irony of me being a man saying that was such a killer that it floored everyone around the table in laughter.

The evening was late now, nearing 11 PM and Raija had recieved presents such as a new ukulele, a tasteful selection of tea, drinks, chocolate (wait, doesn't Raija have diabetes?) and vases. I myself was getting tired and some had already taken their leave. I had myself a last piece of princess cake and a cup of coffee to break the sweetness with. The evening was over for us, so I hugged my uncle and relatives good bye, went back to the car that was parked a kilometer away (the parking situation in Gotemburg is horrible) and drove straight back home to write this blog entry.

If you managed to read this entire entry, I salute you and thank you for reading this. It was a very enjoyable evening and I am very optimistic about what the future holds in hand for me.

My the bow be with you. - Peace!

It wasn't anything strange really. It was a common arctic tern, although I am not used to see them as they only live in the coastal areas. It looked elegant and it seemed awfully human-friendly as it allowed me to come quite close so that is why I thought they were interesting enough to mention.

15th July 2008 - A Magnetic Progress Report

Do you ever keep a diary? Since ten days back I have kept a log of my exact progress in my favourite skill - Ranged. It is supposed to motivate me to keep an average of 100k ranged xp a day. So far, it has actually worked quite well. But even more so, it makes me look over what a ride it has been.

Less than two months ago, I started the work on this fine blog. At first I thought my blog would be a relaxed one with mostly jokes, explorative pictures and posts about odd observations. Instead, at the time I wrote the post 30th May 2008 - Preparing for Barrows, something took flare in me. I wanted to accomplish something for myself, something I could look back to with pride and for my friends to pat me in the back for. I set a goal that would eventually lead to a cape of achievement in the bow - the ranged cape.

However, what maybe set me apart from so many other players that have 99 goals was that I do not do this to earn respect or look cool or have something to be proud of - I can achieve that in real life and have done before. I do not do this to eventually earn easy kills in player vs player games. I do not this just because I can, although I do and am on my way to. I do this to open up new options, earn new friends and, most important of all, to have fun!

Furthermore, ranged is one of my absolute favourite skills in-game, and I enjoy it almost everyday. I do not really train the skill, I use it. So many people sit around at ape atoll and chin just to earn xp, or grind away on ogres. I have done that too. My point is in a nutshell:

I do not train ranged to earn xp and levels, I earn xp and levels while using Ranged.

However, I am not done reviewing my progress yet. In the past 6 weeks, I have made an enormous leap. I have managed to earn roughly 3.5 million xp and gone from level 72 to 88 - which I will come to now:

RangedLevel88.png

Oh wow! I finally have the level to boost myself to a three-digit level with ranging potion!

Wow, it has been such a trip. But it is far from over yet, the hard part has yet to come and I will be continously working myself up - killing beasts and slaying creatures with crossbow. But on the other hand, I now have something to help me on the way.

AnimalMagnetismCompleted.png

It is the accumulator! It annoys me endlessly, but what a great tool it is!

Now that I have written about myself and dwelled in my progress, the next entry will focus on my significant other. Stage light off, please!

I quote some things I have written in another thread regarding flaming. See link for original posts. I am strongly against flaming. If we had more respect for people the community of Runescape and Tip.it would be incredibly better. Think about it, would you flame anyone if you met them irl face to face? Chances are you would not be that arrogant.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=750662

goten6456 wrote:

Lol judging by the last few posts I'd say the guy has a point...

In my opinion, the rants forum is a place to vent, rather than building anger inside. When you release that anger, it helps that person, regardless of how stupid that rant may be. But I submit that flaming a person over even a stupid rant causes the positive aspects of releasing the anger to be cast aside, only to be replaced by anger at the flamer(s).

Bottom line: Sure, there are a lot of dumb rants here, but there is no reason why you cannot communicate that in a respectable manner, regardless of the intelligence level of the ranter.

So I realize now I'll get a bunch of flames my way, w00t!

Actually, that sounds reasonable. There is no point in flaming morons for doing poorly written rants. After all that is wasting your attention on nothing but something that was written during a frustrated tantrum. You cannot expect someone in that mood to write together something intelligent before they calm down.

In a nutshell, don't feed the trolls.

There is a lot of prejudice and unfair judging going about on this board. It seems a large chunk of the active posters have an arrogant and cynical attitude and are quick to break down on anything or anyone they disagree with. It leave me concerned as it is very bad for the community. No one deserves being disrespected for having an idea or opinion, unless it is clearly abusive or against the law. Factually correcting someone is one thing, personally attacking them "for being "stupid", "moron" or "noob" is another. That should not be tolerated on this forum.

Keep a friendly attitude towards people, regardless of whether you know them or not, agree with them or not.

Also, read the rules of tip.it forums and Runescape again. It won't hurt you.

Thank you. If you have any thing to say regarding this post, please do not discuss it in my blog. Go to the original thread linked above.

EDIT:

Looks like the thread got locked for breaking the rants forum rules. In which way I do not know. Maybe because the rant was targeted to the forums and not to Runescape. I will need to read up on the forum rules again. #-o

Good luck with all your goals, especially 99 range! It may be a long goal, but its a heck of a lot cheaper than mine (99 Construction :ohnoes: ).

Linnea - I promise that I will one day put a real gold ring on your lovelly left hand.

Aww... its love! I applaud you sir, being in love is ftw, and the way you descirbe her makes her sound like the one. :thumbsup:

-Pasty

Pasty.png

Good luck with all your goals, especially 99 range! It may be a long goal, but its a heck of a lot cheaper than mine (99 Construction :ohnoes: ).

It is actually not that long a goal, really. At my pace I will have it in a couple of months, and I am not in a rush... In the meantime, I am still slaying dragons for a fair amount of bones. Keep your shiny altar polished and ready for them! Just 7 more levels until I can give you my blessings!

Linnea - I promise that I will one day put a real gold ring on your lovelly left hand.

Aww... its love! I applaud you sir, being in love is ftw, and the way you descirbe her makes her sound like the one. :thumbsup:

-Pasty

True, she is the one for me and my love for her grows for everyday that goes by. <3:

• 2 weeks later...

25th July 2008 - Melting the Cold War

As promised, this blog entry is not about me... even though I'd like it. I mean, I am me and I love me. But no time for me this time. Let's for once think about my just as important significant other! Oh yes, this issue takes up cute less-than-capable-to-fly birds, whipping sadism coming closer, moving out, and getting four digits of sweetness. Yes, I know you are already drooling so let me leave the keyboard to my darling (or at least we can pretend that I do *cough* It's mine!)! This time in a long multi-sectioned entry!

Melting the Cold War

After hearing from my man about Cold War being a fun quest, who has not even done the quest, I started to look forward to do it, what with the penguins and all. I also saw that during the quest, you can steal cowbells and I thought I'd steal one and give one to my man. He did say he was going to buy one once but he did not pull that off. Apparently, 20 euro is a lot of cash! I started the quest and built a house for the penguins but then they just went ahead and demolished it, with beaks and balls! That made my sad. :(

Penguin.png

Aww, cuuuuuuute! I turned into a penguin!

Turning into a penguin is fun! Even though having to remake it a couple of times wasn't. Stupid Eagle, he ruined one "trying to help me". Ping and Pong was fun too. Eagle said something that they were the audio staff's mascots but who cares... they have violins! However, it made me so mad that I couldn't figure out what to do after having done the agility course; I did it twice with low hp. Grrr... and then the penguins finally have the nerve to steal my penguin suit. It was so cute, warm and fluffy. Awww... :'(

OMGColdwar.png

Oh my bird! Finally done with Cold War!

Finally, phew, the quest was done! I am still sad that they stole my suit that I now have to make another one. I hope Larry will shrink me again. If he does, I will go all the way to Grand Exchange and fool around there for a while just for fun. "Bwuck, Bwuck!" :)

Nearing the whipping fun!

In other news, I am only 200k away from affourding a whip. However, I still do not have the level yet to wield it. Oh, I long for it so much! Me and my man, Eagle, went to cockroaches the other day and killed some cockroaches. Eagle got his less impressive ranged level 89 just before I got my even more interesting attack level 67! Tihi!

Attack67.png

Attack level 67! Got it just after Eagle's less impressive ranged level 89...

I can't wait to whip you all around, heheheee!

Building faster than Eagle can read the IKEA catalogue.

Now that Fredrik is moving out to his new apartment in a week, I wanted to build some myself. With teak and mahogany planks on my shoulders and [bleep]es stereotypically in my mouth, I went building a larger and larger house in Taverley. I also made a room for a new little nervous friend. My new maid can break plates, make moldy-looking stews and scream of fear of rats.

ComparingConstructionLevel.png

Proof that I am better than Eagle in at least something.

Ha-haaa! Eagle got owned, tihihi! Now I'm happy. :)

Four months and four digits.

It has taken four months to come this far. I now have total level 1000. It seems big to Eagle, but to me it does not seem like anything special. Wait until I have total level 1337 and then I may smile a bit to it. Bye byeee! *Waves with a cute smile*

Thank you darling and you dear reader. Now allow me to get a bit egocentric! I got ranged level 89! Woot!

RangedLevel89.png

Ranged level 89! 10 levels to maximised ownage!

Thank you again. Until next time!