Eagle Tas's Blog of Glory (13) - 99 Ranged!

1st August 2008 - A new home

Today is the day I move to my new apartment as well as my parents 27th wedding day. It is most likely the most interesting wedding day they have ever had. Driving cars all day in the middle of a heat wave, lifting and carrying heavy furniture, spending over 600 000 of savings in one go and installing chairs.

Since you can understand moving around heavy things and sweating like a pig in the 31 degrees celsius heat while working, you will know that as I write this, just before I go to bed, I am very tired. Yet, I can affourd to make a happy dance or two. After all, my new neighbours are playing provocatingly annoying techno music. Now that is even worse than the very loud chinese songs my old neighbour used to play. Let us hope this is just an unfortunate one-time occasion.

I have some news as well, aparently my parents do not know how to communicate with me. They told me nothing about how I was going to move. Aparently, we are just fixing up my new apartment and then I am going back home once we got some vital furniture like, say a bed? Well, for the first night, sleeping on this uncomfortable and back-pain generating blow-up bed will have to do. So, until 13th August, you will still be able to see me on Runescape!

*Does the happy dance*

I've got an apartment, I've got an apartment! Thanks!

P.S. Mind me, I didn't have any energy left to draw anything for the blog entry. So for the time being, it's just text.

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5th August 2008 - Empty paper syndrome

As some of you have noticed, I am back online again. After spending some time moving into my new apartment, I went back home to watch the cat while my parents go away on vacation and my brother goes to Gotemburg. I will disappear around 12th August again, however.

Nevermind those news, this is more serious. I have for the first time no idea what to write in my blog! So I got an idea of what I could write! Welcome to the blog-writing tutorial - Empty paper syndrome and how to deal with it! Teaching you how I go about with writing a new blog entry. Please tolerate the bias in it. Enjoy! ;)

Step 1: Preparing an entry.

GotanIdea.gif

This quick little slap together is called Mandot. He's a crossover of a man and a dot and have an idea of a blog entry.

So you want to make a blog that captures your reader with your magic. Well, of course that is what you want to achieve at minimum effort. Now that is the only problem. It takes a little more than minimum effort, but with experience and talent it gets easier. :)

The first thing you want to do is to think of a topic of the day. A theme that you want for your super blog entry. Now that could be anything, but an achievement usually goes well. However, something such as photoes of you pelting random people could be just as fun. So here you go, a picture of me pelting Sentry Wolf as revenge for telling Linnea what I was (secretly) going to cook her for dinner. Yeargh!

PeltingSentry_Wolf.png

HAAA HAAA! Got you there little wolfie. >:D

Whichever theme or topic you choose, always write it with a thick layer of your personality and humour and it will be fun to read even if it is about sleeping around some flowers in the middle of Gielinor.

Step 2: Writing your entry.

Scribbling.gif

Mandot is working on his blog, I think. Wait, what's that he's drawing... ERM!

Now you want to write whatever good idea (or bad, hehe) you have in mind. If it is your very first blog entry, the layout and style will set the tone of your blog. Whether you follow the school book examples or make a personal one, it should be easy to read and invitive.

If you read my blog you will see I have a specific structure consisting of a header at the top followed by an introduction. After the introduction I usually have an illustrative picture with a comment slapped below it followed by the bulk text divided into paragraphs.

SlapedTogether.gif

Made in less than a minute. Nice looking for a mandot, eh?

If I do not have a screenshot to season the text, I draw something quickly and slap it up anyway. Pictures entertain and invites the reader to keep on reading. If your blog only consists of a lot of text, it may intimidate your reader after all. Many readers also do not actually read your blog, they just look at your pictures and post a "good luck". That's not necessarily a bad thing, it just confirms people are lazy but still enjoy your blog... hopefully.

Step 3: Stylishing the work.

Stylishing.gif

Mandot is finishing his... erm... blog entry.

Now you have your entry finished, it is time to finish the last bit. First of all, and it may seem obvious. Run a spelling check for simple spelling errors and typos. Read over your blog entry and see if it is properly paragraphed as you like it. See if you can add any extra pictures or draw one for the use of the blog.

Furthermore, it is not just pictures you can add to work your text up. Perhaps add some poetry if that fits your deal. Reuse a set of vocabulary personal to you and use linking paragraphs where possible; it creates a better flow. Add subtle humour or play with the words and you will keep yourself and your reader entertained. I do so myself all the time.

End your entry with a finishing or summarising comment. I usually use an ending line where I thank the reader for spending his or her time reading my piece of creativity. I vary this line a bit with every entry to keep it personal and less automised and throw in some subtleties here and there.

Oh, what do you know, you now have a perfect copy of a typical Eagle Tas's Blog of Glory (13) entry! Enjoy the lawsuit when I send my lawyers at you for stealing my layout. Muhahaha! >:)

Thanks for reading this silly little tutorial or whatever it is. Don't stare too long at Mandot's little R-rated "blog". Chances are that it will erect your will to write a blog yourself, hehehe.

Until next time!

Nice to see you back. Good luck on 99 range(I'd get it just boring using my methods). Is that a naughty picture Mandot is drawing :thumbsup: Nao....post on my blog plox?

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

hey eagle :)

9ivlag.jpg

Aww thanks a lot for taking the time to make such a fun post. :D

Blog entry coming up today. Just have been a bit... well, I haven't found the right words just yet, so my blog entry is 2 days late.

Edit: Make that 3 days late. I have yet to complete it. I have one day left... ouch.

9th August 2008 - A Heroic Couple

For the most part, the blog entries have been about either Linnea or myself. Today however, our achievements were achieved together. Sitting next to each other as we play, love is in the gilenoian air. <3:

However, before I go into our adventure together, I wish to enjoy another progress step in my 99 ranged goal. Ta-da!

RangedLevel90fix.png

First attempt at getting "gratz". It didn't go too well, missing the screen and not being clear about when to type out the messages. Ah well.

Breaking the habit of perceiving our own individual goals, we decided to go on a date by questing on Runescape and thereby overcoming the problems of long-distance love. The question of choise this time landed on the Watchtower quest. So you better watchout! I wish we did, because we were thrown hundreds of meters away by an ogre at a point in the quest.

HawtLadyLinnea.png

Linnea on the ogre catwalk. <3:

Surviving the perils of ogre attacks, knocking teeths out with her blade and my crossbow and talking with strange creatures with even stranger languages, we finally got our reward. Now you will find me in Yanille for more reasons than just using Pastyganster's gilded altar!

CompletedHerosGuild.png

Why thank you miss, now the two of us have completed Heroes Quest!

Following our date, Linnea came home to my house and we completed Heroes Quest together. Now I can recharge my glory amulets - sweet! Now that was a goal I've had a long time. But it's not only I who have completed a goal, Linnea has completed a goal she has had since almost when she started playing.

Attack70.png

Pride week is over since a while back, but that doesn't me from saying... Whip time!

Linnea has achieved Attack level 70 and with that she now has whip! She is really happy over it and we can look forward to see her future progress. From now on it's all awesome!

However, it's good byes for now. I am moving in only a few hours and going to sleep for only a few hours. This time it's definite until I get broadband or hop on an internet café.

Bye.gif

Bye again!

Thanks for everything! I love you all so much!

P.S. Just going to get 5 hours of sleep tonight. >_<

Gratz on 90 range and Linnea getting her whip. Hope you can get back on soon. Then I'll go range somewhere with you(if I'm not too scared to do it). Getting 68 range at yaks. Then go train skills, do bloods task with range, and see where that gets me. Hopefully I'll be 70 soon.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

I am in general not extremly driven to skill capes nor am I aiming to get 99 skill level in everything just because it's "cool". No, I enjoy life too much to just throw it away in an attempt to get meaningless "respect" from random strangers. Instead, I like to achieve the levels I want for myself and my own gaming fun. For those reasons, I only have 2 skill capes I am set out to actually achieve, and that is in Ranged and Agility.

Best comment about skill capes, ever. Ya srsly :thumbup:

Spread the luff. <3:

Oh, and 90 Ranged is great.:) Grats.;)

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Good evening. I am really tired now, so I am not making a blog entry tonight. However, I am already online. The thing is, we went to Telia's shop near my new home and bought a subscription to a mobile broadband. I got the modem right over the counter, signed a paper and that's it. I am now online without having paid a dime as the mobile companies are practically giving away mobile broadband in order to take their share of the market. That in turn means I won't have to pay for my new broadband before January next year, woot!

I am going to take pictures of my new apartment soon, expect a nice real-life related entry very soon. I received a very fine lamp I fell in lamp... love with 2 years ago. I also found 2 boxes of caramels I love and are difficult to find, hehe. I also have a special love and pride that's moving into my new apartment. More of all that in the next blog entry!

I love you all, you have no idea how much your comments and continued support means to me. Thank you, and see you all soon on Runescape!

Gets 99range already. Your 90 right? Don't chin it and do it old-school like me 8-) Gl with 99 range. Your right about skill capes, people shouldn't go after them just cause they want one. They should go after it because they like the skill.

The heap of replies - now answered! Issue #1

Alright, I don't normally answer to most replies even though you can be rest assured I read them. So to break my a little bit of a bad habit, I decided to finally sit down and answer some replies individually as I see fit.

Best comment about skill capes, ever. Ya srsly :thumbup:

Spread the luff. <3:

Oh, and 90 Ranged is great.:) Grats.;)

Hehe, thanks. I love ranged a lot, a bit more than the rest of the combat triangle. Agility used to be an old favourite, but it's tedious so I only get a level a month. Maybe I'll have that skill cape in 3 years? :P

I support Eagle Tas with this funny emote :twss:

This is my favorite blog, so keep up the good.. work? or hobby?

In a way, every time someone says "keep up the good work" it makes me cringe, even though I know they don't mean it in such a literal fashion. Runescape and my blog has never been nothing but enjoyable hobbies. I spend a lot of time on it, but I have things going on beside that.

For example, I have been working on a game for a few years, I draw a lot and I love to experiment with vegetarian food and baking sweets, cookies and other bakery. Furthermore, I exercise regularly and like to bike, train archery and shooting and endurance running. I may have a special entry now and then about my other interest, but of course, this is still mainly a runescape blog. :)

Gets 99range already. Your 90 right? Don't chin it and do it old-school like me 8-) Gl with 99 range. Your right about skill capes, people shouldn't go after them just cause they want one. They should go after it because they like the skill.

That's what I have been doing for a few months. I touched chins and wasted like 2m on it only to get one silly level. It is not worth it in my opinion. Besides, I love slayer so much anyway. So slaying is my primary ranged training method. I do hunt dragons and other high level monsters as well as go to GWD and fight aviansies for some quick funding of my ranged equipment.

-----

I enjoy all the replies I have received. It makes me very happy to see how popular my blog is today. Tomorrow I am going biking around the town to get some of the finishing material I need for the next blog entry (which is half-done already). Expect to see the first in-real life pictures to be posted on this blog! See you all soon!

And....

Saved!

From the 2nd page demon!

champlesserxu7.gif

Have fun biking! This place is to hilly for me to bike.:(

I usually just walk up the hill and bike down. :lol:

hopesolopatriot.jpg