Jaziek

[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

I've played some amazing matches with the buff banner. There were three Soldiers and a medic with an uber - I buff bannered, he battalion back-upped an the medic ubered the third soldier. Sure, epic moments of teamwork like that are usually unheard of in a pub match, but this was just [bleep]ing insane. As for the backburner - I think its !5% extra damage is no way near worth the compression blast trade-off. I find now, as Pyro, I solely play with the degreaser. The switch speed is so amazingly useful with the axtinguisher. It is the king in ambushing, and you still get that useful compression blast. I find the direct hit very hard to use, and I would say I'm cloe to mastering as soldier. I find it useful in a scout, engineer and medic heavy team, as they all have rather low health.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Got 47 Score last night in under 10mins as a Soldier w/buff banner. hooo the rapage.

One thing I hate about DH is most classes are fairly manuverable so dodging a face-first rocket isnt too hard, and since it hasnt got much blast damage, your pretty much buggered if you miss too often.

Popoto.~<3

I can see why you would say DH is for people who are good at soldier, but I still disagree. For example, one of my favorite maps: Egypt. Rocket jump to the balcony around the first command point, then from there to the top of the stone pillars. From there, you can target both doorways and get massive splash kills, especially on crits. The DH would do nowhere close to as much damage. Maybe it's newbish to not be targeting specific players and sort of "spraying and praying", but that's a large part of the soldier class, and it's a huge benefit for your team to keep the opponents pinned into their spawn for as long as possible.

I can see why you would say DH is for people who are good at soldier, but I still disagree. For example, one of my favorite maps: Egypt. Rocket jump to the balcony around the first command point, then from there to the top of the stone pillars. From there, you can target both doorways and get massive splash kills, especially on crits. The DH would do nowhere close to as much damage. Maybe it's newbish to not be targeting specific players and sort of "spraying and praying", but that's a large part of the soldier class, and it's a huge benefit for your team to keep the opponents pinned into their spawn for as long as possible.

Fair enough. Guess it depends on play style, as does pretty much everything in this game lol.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Laggy soldiers are better off without the DH too. :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I never heal heavies. Scouts and snipers work better.

Direct Hit is great. Directs are a vital part of soldier technique and well, despite soldier being autistic-friendly, it adds an element of skill to the class. I use it in scrims too. [bleep] the haters.

I should play sniper more but holy hell am I out of practice.

Yup. Same for heavy though, to be honest.

In my opinion, actually being legitimately GOOD at heavy takes quite a while - the GRU make heavy a lot more useful on attack/defend and 5CP. Anyone can rack up 150 points and 6 dominations on pl and plr (I posted a screenshot of me doing that a while back). It's kind of a difficult class to play on 5CP because if the other team's scouts or snipers are worth a damn, it's easy to get destroyed when focusing on other things. It's mostly about knowing when to retreat and when to spin up - i.e. you should spin up when going around corners or coming down from above. IMO it's a boring and weak class but I've barely played any heavy. It certainly doesn't need buffing or nerfing because it's situational.

This only really works against [cabbage]ty players. Chances are if you're doing that I would've headshot you. I don't have anything against soldier, I think it's a strong class, but I feel kind of cheap playing it when I could be doing something aim-based like scout or sniper. Soldier is my favourite pubbing class though, so much fun to make people whine when you airshot them.

But....I'm a good heavy. ;____;

Popoto.~<3

Honestly, the DH is more reserved for the roaming soldiers in comp settings. If you can aim with it, it's amazing.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Does anybody want to trade their Troublemakers Cap, Drill Sgt. Hat, Ten Galleon, or Old Gradulajara for either Snipers Panama, Pyros plunger, Safe n Sound, Towering Pillar of Hats, or a white-colored Nappers?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Does anybody want to trade their Troublemakers Cap, Drill Sgt. Hat, Ten Galleon, or Old Gradulajara for either Snipers Panama, Pyros plunger, Safe n Sound, Towering Pillar of Hats, or a white-colored Nappers?

ME ME ME ME.

Steam ID? I'm removed.

EDIT: Thanks man :)

polvCwJ.gif

ME ME ME ME.

Steam ID? I'm removed.

EDIT: Thanks man :)

:thumbup: No problem.

UPDATED WISH LIST:

WANT

Troublemakers Cap

Ten Galleon

ABLE TO GIVE

Safe n Sound

white-colored Nappers

siggy3s.jpg

Least you have hats that wernt brought. :(

Got a 102 score just then as a Pyro and Offencive Medic. Oh the rapage.

Id post the screenie but I dunno how to convert .tga files into .png

Popoto.~<3

I would trade my mining light for pretty much any hat. It's too similar to the normal hat, and I don't play engie very often any more.

For techies: Halp. My quest into the world of code was a failure. You may remember I had a wierd problem with graphics when I first started. I solved it by putting -dxlevel 81 into the launch options. My dxdiag says it's capable of DX11, and my graphics card is supposedly capable of DX9.0c. I tried changing to -dxlevel 90 so I could use paints, but the problem returned. I'm back in 8.1, but I'd like to be able to use DX9. Anyone know what's up?

I also have -novid, and added +mat_bumpmap 0 +mat_picmip 2 as it's supposed to improve the framerate for intel cards. Anyone who hasn't yet should prevent their antivirus from scanning the TF2 stats thing via SPUF.

Just be a noob like me and open the file and take a screenshot, then save in paint.

You can make it save as .jpg and then open in paint and save as .png.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

@Dupin

Ill take that Mining hat out of your hands. Got the Nappers (pyros beanie) and Safe n Sound and maybe some other stuff if you give me some time.

siggy3s.jpg

I realised out of all the material I've been giving to my mates to help them start and/or to make certain weapons I could have made myself a hat.

Popoto.~<3

@Dupin

Ill take that Mining hat out of your hands. Got the Nappers (pyros beanie) and Safe n Sound and maybe some other stuff if you give me some time.

Ok. I'm not really sure the value of it, but I like Safe n Sound.

Pretty average ill say; sort of like the mining light really; maybe more.

Steam ID: Doc. Jiggawatts

Will be online about three hours from this post.

siggy3s.jpg

Poker Night works. Too bad I'm terrible at poker.

Nick, I added you. I'm normally on around this time of day.

Haha, same here. The only reason why I got the Iron Certain was due pure luck. The purest luck there is.

Whats your Steam ID. I was on today but didn't receive any messages.

siggy3s.jpg

Just thought, can you use an xbox controller?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

BLASPHEMY!

Probably, you'd need the proper drivers, connectors etc. but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Popoto.~<3

Yes, once at a mate's place he set up the controller so a girl we had over could play. Needless to say she couldn't best any of us despite having the highest TF2 playtime.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I read a story once about how microsoft had a project to bridge the multiplayer gap between xbl and pc online - the project got cancelled after they realized pc gamers routinely destroyed xbox gamers due to the pc controlls being better - and microsoft didn't want xbox to look bad :D

polvCwJ.gif

E: FREE [email protected]@

If the pattern continues, everyone will get the first hat, most will get the second if you do two every day and one extra, and very, very few will get the third hat. You don't have to spend money for the first two (maybe like a dollar for the second one), but the third one you'd have to buy all the crappy games they want achievements from.

Haha, same here. The only reason why I got the Iron Certain was due pure luck. The purest luck there is.

Whats your Steam ID. I was on today but didn't receive any messages.

The friend thing on Steam doesn't always work for me. I'm Bentomat, and I added you again.

By the way, I've figured out Poker Night and it's actually a decent game. The trick is to turn it to hard. That way, they play smart, and play consistent. The easier level is supposed to make them make bad decisions, but it just makes them hard to guess.