[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a Candy Cane for opening a festive crate with my free key.

I swear they're making Scout more homosexual with every new item after the FaN.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Milkmen are happy men, giving away a non-milk substance, stroking their fish...holding a candy cane.

Come on. :???:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Please tell me its not over, I just got the net going....

For what? Increased drop chances? Goes on till the end of the year I believe. Actually I'm not sure how long it'll go but it's going to be available AT LEAST for a few more days.

siggy3s.jpg

Gosh darndit, I can't wait to play this with actually good framerate tommorow (getting my new processor).

I have my TF2 file backed up on a hard drive so I can play right away and experience the awesome fluidness.

All I got from my free crate was the candy cane. :sad:

Still want a Texan Ten Gallon and Troublemaker's cap...anyone got one?

siggy3s.jpg

Bought it finally :thumbup:

I played for the weekend free trial a while back and loved it, finally got it today with a Discover gift card present. Now I know this sounds obvious, but.. what are the differences between TF2 and TF2 beta? Does anything transfer between the two?

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

TF2 Beta is just Valve's testing grounds for upcoming stuff. To have the most accurate, well-tested updates, they give us, the players, a chance to test the new stuff before release. This increases the number of tests fourfold. Or that their testers are lazy. Either one.

TF2 = Real game

TF2 Beta = Not real game

siggy3s.jpg

TF2 Beta is essentially Vanilla with no unlocks, no hats, and no (lasting) drops. People play it because they don't like how TF2 is becoming an MMORPG with the way people focus on hats.

They refresh it every so often, removing any hats/drops, and you start out with all the weapons. They also pre-test random stuff in it, like the recent Natascha downgrade, and the upcoming Scout shortstop nerf.

I woudln't encourage playing it unless you're interested in trying out a weapon you don't have and can't be bothered to get. The main reason is that there are no hats. TF2 without hats is like life without God. Why even bother?

I built my i7 computer and played some TF2 on it.

I was amazed. It was so fast and fluid and smooth! The graphics were great, and I actually was playing with good framerate!

With my new PC, I can play TF2 at maxed settings (16x AA) at 80 FPS.

Let's just say I'll be playing TF2 more often...

How much did the upgraded Mobo cost? (you know, cause i7's have a diff socket type)

It's a Gigabyte P55 with USB 3.0.

I believe it was around $130.

I'm trying to learn how to play Spy correctly, sorta getting the hang of it, I watched omfgninja's Spy guide.

I know how to do leaping stabs and such, but getting engies/sentries is still pretty hard for me. It's difficult finding the right time to sap the sentry (unless a dumb engy leaves it alone).

I'm trying to learn how to play Spy correctly, sorta getting the hang of it, I watched omfgninja's Spy guide.

I know how to do leaping stabs and such, but getting engies/sentries is still pretty hard for me. It's difficult finding the right time to sap the sentry (unless a dumb engy leaves it alone).

Yeah, engie's and their sentries are tough even for experienced spies. It's a bit of a game of luck; if they're aren't many enemies around there and when the engie leaves to get more metal or whatever the reason.

siggy3s.jpg

Yeah, engie's and their sentries are tough even for experienced spies. It's a bit of a game of luck; if they're aren't many enemies around there and when the engie leaves to get more metal or whatever the reason.

Would sapping it while the sentry and engineer are under fire be a good idea? Say, have demomen or soldiers attacking at the same time.