[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

It depends which class you like. The only non-default weapon I found useful was Your Eternal Reward, but I got a few weapons from drops and achievements that were really helpful. I wouldn't get anything for the soldier or demoman (the scottish resistance is decent, but not really necessary). Heavy really depends on your playstyle, sniper, medic, and engie are fine with defaults. Scout would be a good one, but you might not enjoy playing as him, and I can't reccommend a weapon because multiple combinations work well. The spy stuff can mostly be gotten from achievements. Backburner is great for pyro.

Arggh noooooo :(

Direct hit is great for soldier as is buff banner. Demo is fine with defaults but i like the axe as well. Sandwich is crucial for heavy, and the swift gloves can be great if used properly. For a medic the blutslaugher is great if you know how to use it and the kritz is crucial on defensive. Gotta have jarate on sniper as well. Backburner isn't good for pyros at all unless you want to play an individual game - you're far more useful as a team player with the default thrower or even the degreaser.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Degreaser + homewrecker for team love.

I'm back into playing scout which is great. Jumping around heavies all day.

Indeed :)

Scout is so much fun, my favorite class by far :D

polvCwJ.gif

Guys, as far as I know there was no updates today, but remember that if there's a god he's told Telstra to hate me and so I often can't play after updates until I visit a friend.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Backburner isn't good for pyros at all unless you want to play an individual game - you're far more useful as a team player with the default thrower or even the degreaser.

Not necessarily. I play a lot on Dustbowl, if I'm on defense I could sneak around and ambush attacking parties. If I'm on offense I get a 15% damage bonus.

Especially on that third capture point map. A lot of the fighting takes place in that alley between the two points, but there's a tunnel that leads from the start of it to the canyon area. Just go through that and burn the other guys from behind.

It's not completely useless but imo it doesn't compare to neutralizing ubers, saving sentries from stickies, reflecting rockets, and putting out teammates.

polvCwJ.gif

They released plans for the Natascha changes in the little thing about the upcoming beta version.

It depends which class you like. The only non-default weapon I found useful was Your Eternal Reward, but I got a few weapons from drops and achievements that were really helpful. I wouldn't get anything for the soldier or demoman (the scottish resistance is decent, but not really necessary). Heavy really depends on your playstyle, sniper, medic, and engie are fine with defaults. Scout would be a good one, but you might not enjoy playing as him, and I can't reccommend a weapon because multiple combinations work well. The spy stuff can mostly be gotten from achievements. Backburner is great for pyro.

Arggh noooooo :(

Direct hit is great for soldier as is buff banner. Demo is fine with defaults but i like the axe as well. Sandwich is crucial for heavy, and the swift gloves can be great if used properly. For a medic the blutslaugher is great if you know how to use it and the kritz is crucial on defensive. Gotta have jarate on sniper as well. Backburner isn't good for pyros at all unless you want to play an individual game - you're far more useful as a team player with the default thrower or even the degreaser.

Direct hit is crap. The point of soldier is to be able to fire rockets (especially crits) into tight areas and scatter/destroy enemies with splash damage, DH reduces splash damage. Buff banner - maybe, if you're feeling selfless. I had it when I asked for those gunboats from you, and I've been using them since. It was game-changing for me to be able to rocket jump without worrying about the damage. I have the axe on demo (two actually) and I don't really use it for melee. It's much better to use pipes or stickies at close range. Medics normally heal heavies, and if you can get out of firing range to eat then you can take a minute to find a dispenser or health pack. I don't have GRU or kritz, so I can't judge those, but I haven't used my blutsaugher because I rarely play offensively as a medic, it's much better as a support class. Jarate as sniper is not that great, I crafted two of mine into scrap. I use the razorback instead, as it pretty much prevents backstabs. Backburner on pyro is awesome, with the damage boost and the crit from behind. Since pyro's relatively fast, you can run around behind, especially if it's a group of enemies. With the crits, you can take down a heavy in a few seconds. I scrapped my degreaser, because who wants faster weapon switching and some air thing if it comes with a severe damage reduction?

I've been playing Medic a lot lately, because it's one of the few classes playable on my crappy processor.

I'm actually getting pretty decent at Medic too.

Still can't wait till Christmas for my i7, then I'll be playing TF2 the right way.

Direct hit is crap. The point of soldier is to be able to fire rockets (especially crits) into tight areas and scatter/destroy enemies with splash damage, DH reduces splash damage.

Only if you're not great at soldier. If you're good at it the damage boost is significant if you're getting direct hits.

Buff banner - maybe, if you're feeling selfless. I had it when I asked for those gunboats from you, and I've been using them since. It was game-changing for me to be able to rocket jump without worrying about the damage.

It really depends whether you want to play individually or as a team. Gunboats are definitely better as an individual, but the buff banner team buff is pretty epic.

I have the axe on demo (two actually) and I don't really use it for melee. It's much better to use pipes or stickies at close range.

Yeah, but it's better then the bottle for melee, at least as far as i've found.

Medics normally heal heavies, and if you can get out of firing range to eat then you can take a minute to find a dispenser or health pack.

Yeah, the sandwich is good for when you have a medic at low health. Not so much for yourself.

as sniper is not that great, I crafted two of mine into scrap. I use the razorback instead, as it pretty much prevents backstabs.

Once again, team vs individual. You can majorly increase damage with jarate, plus coat spies, or put out fire - your team will thank you if you're good with jarate.

Backburner on pyro is awesome, with the damage boost and the crit from behind. Since pyro's relatively fast, you can run around behind, especially if it's a group of enemies. With the crits, you can take down a heavy in a few seconds. I scrapped my degreaser, because who wants faster weapon switching and some air thing if it comes with a severe damage reduction?

And once again, team vs individual. Backburner is great as an individual player - but it doesn't beat the flexibility of the normal one. Degreaser is meant for flame + axtinguisher players, and can be extremely useful if used correctly.

polvCwJ.gif

I've played some amazing matches with the buff banner. There were three Soldiers and a medic with an uber - I buff bannered, he battalion back-upped an the medic ubered the third soldier. Sure, epic moments of teamwork like that are usually unheard of in a pub match, but this was just [bleep]ing insane. As for the backburner - I think its !5% extra damage is no way near worth the compression blast trade-off. I find now, as Pyro, I solely play with the degreaser. The switch speed is so amazingly useful with the axtinguisher. It is the king in ambushing, and you still get that useful compression blast. I find the direct hit very hard to use, and I would say I'm cloe to mastering as soldier. I find it useful in a scout, engineer and medic heavy team, as they all have rather low health.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Got 47 Score last night in under 10mins as a Soldier w/buff banner. hooo the rapage.

One thing I hate about DH is most classes are fairly manuverable so dodging a face-first rocket isnt too hard, and since it hasnt got much blast damage, your pretty much buggered if you miss too often.

Popoto.~<3

I can see why you would say DH is for people who are good at soldier, but I still disagree. For example, one of my favorite maps: Egypt. Rocket jump to the balcony around the first command point, then from there to the top of the stone pillars. From there, you can target both doorways and get massive splash kills, especially on crits. The DH would do nowhere close to as much damage. Maybe it's newbish to not be targeting specific players and sort of "spraying and praying", but that's a large part of the soldier class, and it's a huge benefit for your team to keep the opponents pinned into their spawn for as long as possible.

I can see why you would say DH is for people who are good at soldier, but I still disagree. For example, one of my favorite maps: Egypt. Rocket jump to the balcony around the first command point, then from there to the top of the stone pillars. From there, you can target both doorways and get massive splash kills, especially on crits. The DH would do nowhere close to as much damage. Maybe it's newbish to not be targeting specific players and sort of "spraying and praying", but that's a large part of the soldier class, and it's a huge benefit for your team to keep the opponents pinned into their spawn for as long as possible.

Fair enough. Guess it depends on play style, as does pretty much everything in this game lol.

polvCwJ.gif

I never heal heavies. Scouts and snipers work better.

Direct Hit is great. Directs are a vital part of soldier technique and well, despite soldier being autistic-friendly, it adds an element of skill to the class. I use it in scrims too. [bleep] the haters.

I should play sniper more but holy hell am I out of practice.

Yup. Same for heavy though, to be honest.

In my opinion, actually being legitimately GOOD at heavy takes quite a while - the GRU make heavy a lot more useful on attack/defend and 5CP. Anyone can rack up 150 points and 6 dominations on pl and plr (I posted a screenshot of me doing that a while back). It's kind of a difficult class to play on 5CP because if the other team's scouts or snipers are worth a damn, it's easy to get destroyed when focusing on other things. It's mostly about knowing when to retreat and when to spin up - i.e. you should spin up when going around corners or coming down from above. IMO it's a boring and weak class but I've barely played any heavy. It certainly doesn't need buffing or nerfing because it's situational.

This only really works against [cabbage]ty players. Chances are if you're doing that I would've headshot you. I don't have anything against soldier, I think it's a strong class, but I feel kind of cheap playing it when I could be doing something aim-based like scout or sniper. Soldier is my favourite pubbing class though, so much fun to make people whine when you airshot them.

Honestly, the DH is more reserved for the roaming soldiers in comp settings. If you can aim with it, it's amazing.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Does anybody want to trade their Troublemakers Cap, Drill Sgt. Hat, Ten Galleon, or Old Gradulajara for either Snipers Panama, Pyros plunger, Safe n Sound, Towering Pillar of Hats, or a white-colored Nappers?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Does anybody want to trade their Troublemakers Cap, Drill Sgt. Hat, Ten Galleon, or Old Gradulajara for either Snipers Panama, Pyros plunger, Safe n Sound, Towering Pillar of Hats, or a white-colored Nappers?

ME ME ME ME.

Steam ID? I'm removed.

EDIT: Thanks man :)

polvCwJ.gif

ME ME ME ME.

Steam ID? I'm removed.

EDIT: Thanks man :)

:thumbup: No problem.

UPDATED WISH LIST:

WANT

Troublemakers Cap

Ten Galleon

ABLE TO GIVE

Safe n Sound

white-colored Nappers

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Least you have hats that wernt brought. :(

Got a 102 score just then as a Pyro and Offencive Medic. Oh the rapage.

Id post the screenie but I dunno how to convert .tga files into .png

Popoto.~<3

I would trade my mining light for pretty much any hat. It's too similar to the normal hat, and I don't play engie very often any more.

For techies: Halp. My quest into the world of code was a failure. You may remember I had a wierd problem with graphics when I first started. I solved it by putting -dxlevel 81 into the launch options. My dxdiag says it's capable of DX11, and my graphics card is supposedly capable of DX9.0c. I tried changing to -dxlevel 90 so I could use paints, but the problem returned. I'm back in 8.1, but I'd like to be able to use DX9. Anyone know what's up?

I also have -novid, and added +mat_bumpmap 0 +mat_picmip 2 as it's supposed to improve the framerate for intel cards. Anyone who hasn't yet should prevent their antivirus from scanning the TF2 stats thing via SPUF.

Just be a noob like me and open the file and take a screenshot, then save in paint.

You can make it save as .jpg and then open in paint and save as .png.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!