[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

cpgravelpit0007.jpg

Know you guys don't give a [cabbage] about my scoreboards but I gotta post them somewhere. Got a 19 killstreak while doing this. meh.

The 40:10 is K/D, right? Not bad at all.

Btw, is that scoreboard thing only on some servers? How do you get to it?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cpgravelpit0007.jpg

Know you guys don't give a [cabbage] about my scoreboards but I gotta post them somewhere. Got a 19 killstreak while doing this. meh.

The 40:10 is K/D, right? Not bad at all.

Btw, is that scoreboard thing only on some servers? How do you get to it?

It's a competitive HUD, broeselhud. These things are more useful for medics because you can see exactly how much health your team mates have, but I like having the health cross and ammo right in front of me. Also it has a handy damage indicator above the +, which is invaluable as Scout.

I use pvhud.

Today I decided to try a PUG match. I got obliterated. ;-;

Guess I should follow a player's advice and check out servers running mge mod.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Even in pubs if they fight as a team they will win. Basic team work helps a long way: being a medic where there is none, stop being a spy if you suck, flanking with a partner or group, helping other engies' build their stuff. A little teamwork goes a long way.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

This game is actually only 20% teamwork, the other 80% is about your DM skills.

Only in pubs. A good team will own a bunch of good individual players any day.

Really it's inverse to this because a lot of the good teams don't use much, if any, strat. Who really needs it if you're good enough at killing things anyway?

Generally strict teamwork is a lower division thing because it is generally accepted that a team of low players whom are capable of working with each other will roll. However, the gap between Division 6 and Division 5 in terms of skill at DM is fairly big, and once again between Division 5 and Division 4. Being able to work together is important but you can't rely on your team constantly - in fact, unless you play demo or pocket soldier you won't be getting much in the way of healing and help from your team, not in EU leagues anyway. There are many videos of a single Division 1 scout fighting off the other sollies and scouts - if you didn't have the DM skills, you wouldn't be able to defend yourself in competitive play.

I get where you're coming from and it does seem that way in public servers (which is why people are so mad in them all the time!) but actually a lot of the teamwork is really subtle. Oh and the fact that most pubbers can't DM for s**t too.

Really it's inverse to this because a lot of the good teams don't use much, if any, strat. Who really needs it if you're good enough at killing things anyway?

Generally strict teamwork is a lower division thing because it is generally accepted that a team of low players whom are capable of working with each other will roll. However, the gap between Division 6 and Division 5 in terms of skill at DM is fairly big, and once again between Division 5 and Division 4. Being able to work together is important but you can't rely on your team constantly - in fact, unless you play demo or pocket soldier you won't be getting much in the way of healing and help from your team, not in EU leagues anyway. There are many videos of a single Division 1 scout fighting off the other sollies and scouts - if you didn't have the DM skills, you wouldn't be able to defend yourself in competitive play.

I get where you're coming from and it does seem that way in public servers (which is why people are so mad in them all the time!) but actually a lot of the teamwork is really subtle. Oh and the fact that most pubbers can't DM for s**t too.

Well teamwork isn't the be all and end all obviously, but a combination of the two is best, I think we can agree :)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

If anyone's interested, I'm auctioning off a Winter Crate on the Steam forums.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19456382#post19456382

It's not one I recieved from a drop (I haven't gotten one yet), some guy on a public server was offering it for ten weapons. I'm hoping I can leverage this into the beginning of a hat collection.

Well teamwork isn't the be all and end all obviously, but a combination of the two is best, I think we can agree :)

Yeah, I'm with you there. If you've got the skills and can work as a team too, then you're set!

ITG Ruerin sucks at rollouts and rocket jumping. I watched Jaeger's tutorial and it's so fluid and I'm kinda clumsy but I do get to mid. I have to say he's right on about exploring the maps though, found a ton of potentially amazing hiding places to just "appear" from. :3 I'm very rusty at soldier and need to spend some time in tr_aim_training and pubbing before I hit up DM servers again, but I did some cool roaming stuff today and MVPed without really trying to. Best part is when I was perched around a corner on Freight, saw my team weaken but eventually lose out to the enemies, jumped down and finished them all off. I felt like I was Fragga or something.

Hmm, I assume that training map could also be used to improve demo pill aim?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I'm rather good at rocket jumping. I'm getting good at flying around buildings. Rather funny when an enemy thinks he's safe and - bam! - I've flown in through the other side and crocketed him.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Wow, Dupin, I've been looking through your Winter Crate auction and I feel sorry for you to put up with all the trolls and flaming.

Reason I was looking in it? Got a Winter Crate myself and wanting to know the value of it.

--

In other news, does anyone have Troublemaker's cap or Texan Ten Gallon for trade? It can be Vintage or not but Vintage will reward more.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Yeah, I realized SPUF is full of [wagon]. The first guy I tried to trade hats with ended up saying something stupid and obscene, but the second guy was very polite and I ended up getting a Modest Pile for your SnS and a Muskelmannbraun.

As far as the value of the winter crate, at the time that thread was created I believe it was about 1 refined (I found this out a little after all the "funny" hat offers), and it's been around 2 reclaimed, but it's falling. At this point, you can probably get 1 or 2 reclaimed on average. If you lurk this thread you may eventually stumble across a good offer.

I got Poker Night since I had $20 to spend (spent it on L4D2, Poker Night, and HL2).

Surprisingly, it's actually pretty fun. The only item I've gotten in Strong Bad's glasses though.

I want Max's pistol and the Iron Curtain.

I got Poker Night since I had $20 to spend (spent it on L4D2, Poker Night, and HL2).

Surprisingly, it's actually pretty fun. The only item I've gotten in Strong Bad's glasses though.

I want Max's pistol and the Iron Curtain.

It is fun. I'd love to see some DLC with new characters/dialogue, though, as it gets a bit tiring. It also wouldn't hurt to add some items that aren't purely cosmetic. I haven't bothered to get Tycho's watch yet just because I would never use it.

TF2 update notes:

Added Medieval Mode, a game mode where players are restricted to using olde weapons.

'Your Eternal Reward' changes:

Spies can now change their disguise weapon via 'lastdiguise' while using 'Your Eternal Reward'

Already-disguised 'Your Eternal Reward' Spies are no longer forced to switch to displaying the melee weapon when they make a kill

Spies no longer play speech lines when making a kill with 'Your Eternal Reward'

Sentries no longer track 'Your Eternal Reward' Spies after they backstab someone

'Natascha' changes:

Spin-up time increased.

Slowdown-on-hit effect is reduced over distance.

Added 'The Medi-eval Medic', 'The Hibernating Bear', and 'The Expert's Ordnance' item sets.

Added new weapons: 'The Claidheamohmor', 'The Back Scratcher', 'The Boston Basher', 'The Fists of Steel', 'The Amputator', 'The Crusader's Crossbow', 'The Ullapool Caber', 'The Loch-n-Load', 'The Buffalo Steak Sandvich', 'The Brass Beast', 'The Warrior's Spirit', 'The Candy Cane', and 'The Jag'.

Added 20 new hats.

Added a prototype item testing map, and associated functionality, for contributors to test their work. Further details in an upcoming blog post.

Spies can now see TargetID's of players and objects regardless of their own disguise status.

Fixed some speech lines continuing after the speaker changes class

The Spy 'Sap Auteur' achievement now increments in cases where the Spy was the assister in the building destruction.

Fixed the arrow burning effect getting stuck on if you changed class in a respawn room with your arrow lit.

Fixed a Flamethrower bug that allowed players to rapidly fake the Pyro's airblast effect.

Throwing the Jarate or Milk now returns you to your previous weapon, instead of your Primary.

Added leaderboard to track duel wins.

Added ability for players to donate money directly to the creators of their favorite community maps.

Increased backpack size by 100 slots.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.