[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spying with DR and YER is especially difficult because you have no options at the beginning of a match, but I've found it's very rewarding. DR pretty much saves your life - anyone who wants to spy check will find you, but you just cloak and hide. The trick to being a good spy is that you don't do anything unusual. If you have disguise options, don't be a heavy in a sniper nest. Don't run against the flow as a soldier. YER complicates this, but backstabbing with it is extremely rewarding, and it especially helps with groups of people or sentries. Also, remember that people can't really tell just by shooting you if you're a spy. If you start to run away, it becomes obvious, but you could decieve them by changing weapon or doing something less suspicious.

Avoid pyros whenever possible.

I bought the poker thing because I figured 6 limited items for 6 dollars is not a bad deal at all when I was paying 2.50 for 1 item every time I got a crate. I doubt I'll open more crates, it's really not financially effective.

E: Apparently Tip.It has a Steam group. That simplifies things.

Actually there's two.

The regular one that I'd recommend that everyone here joins.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tipit

Then there's the never-used-but-still-there-for-some-reason group for TF2 game nights. No join for you.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tiftf2

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

There's a heavy minigun, a pistol (the Lugermorph - it was released before), a new watch, and some random non-weapon stuff that doesn't look great anyways. The game's not working for me (of course) so I can't tell you what each gun does, but I've looked around and found some nasty stuff about it just being re-skins of default stuff. Meh, at least I'll have some limited items to trade off at some point. I should have researched before buying, though.

E: Still have natascha, southern hospitality, backburner, and scotsman's scullcutter for trade, if anyone has duplicates or hats they don't like. I'm especially looking for the Familiar Fez.

Easily.

TF2 is very CPU-intensive, correct?

I tried running TF2 with the same video card except a 2.0 GHz single core and 2 GB of RAM. I can only get 15 FPS in firefights.

Hello Medics

Look at your Heavy. Now back to me. Now back to your Heavy. NOW BACK TO ME. Sadly he isn't me. But if he stopped using that Natasha/Shotgun loadout and started using Sasha and Sandvich he could play like he's me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a capture point, with the man your Heavy could play like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's a Sandvich that you could use to heal those 149 HP you lost. Look again, THE SANDVICH IS NOW AN UBERCHARGE.

lampost_sig_stark.png

LOL! we need to make a machinima of that.

Yeah, it all depends. You can set the difficulty on the Poker game, but It is surprisingly fun, especially Max's dialogues.

Also I got the "Kayne West Sunglasses" last night, just need heavys Iron Curtain.

Popoto.~<3

Hello Medics

Look at your Heavy. Now back to me. Now back to your Heavy. NOW BACK TO ME. Sadly he isn't me. But if he stopped using that Natasha/Shotgun loadout and started using Sasha and Sandvich he could play like he's me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a capture point, with the man your Heavy could play like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's a Sandvich that you could use to heal those 149 HP you lost. Look again, THE SANDVICH IS NOW AN UBERCHARGE.

I'm on a scout.

Hello Medics

I'm on a scout.

And you would pwn him if you're any good. That's where Sasha falls short - Natascha is cheap and slower, but so are your enemies when you use it.

Natascha heavies generally use that to compensate for not being able to aim. It has legitimate uses (read: 5CP; force to be reckoned with if you can aim and have a medic) but most of the time it's because it's easy to use. I also don't have a problem with killing Natascha heavies and heavies in general provided they're on their own and unaware. Good heavy players though, they exist.

Played my first scrims in a month today. I did pretty average but I'm rusty so I guess it wasn't too bad. I probably should've played soldier/demo instead of scout but I got some cool kills and caps so all's good. Scores are so meaningless in this game, seriously.

Good heavy players though, they exist.

Who called my name? :razz:

The one thing I like about Natasha heavies, is when they're with me as regular heavy. They slow down targets, I kill. A good little combo.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Good heavy players though, they exist.

Who called my name? :razz:

The one thing I like about Natasha heavies, is when they're with me as regular heavy. They slow down targets, I kill. A good little combo.

Heavies can be good but generally I think they're the class with the shortest learning curve. You can master heavy playing much faster than you can master other classes.

The only classes I'm even close to mastering are scout and engie...I'm getting there with demo/medic but I'm terrible at all the other classes.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Shortstop

shudder.jpg

I'm not saying its a bad gun, but *I* would never use it. I'm so much more efficient as a short-range FaN scout that a medium-Scatter or Long-Shortstop one. Go figure.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Story Pack didn't appeal to me, Energy Pack was my second wisest purchase after TOB. I want to find a dealer just to play BRAINPIPE baked. I am not kidding when I say it must have been designed for stoners.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I was naturally drawn to Spy and Sniper after specializing as a Commando in Battlefield Heroes. (Don't bother checking it out, it was an awful game plagued by micro-transactions and 13-year-olds). I wouldn't say I've mastered the classes, but it wasn't that hard to learn to do well. I'd say the Hightower map was what really helped me get used to sniping in TF2. Besides those, I'd say Pyro was pretty simple as well. You just have to be quick and stay close, preferably getting around back with the Backburner.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6790/

Don't feel like making a Black Friday thread, but $5 for all those games and 90% savings? YES PLEASE!

I was gonna buy "Sam and Max in the Devil's Playhouse" (it was like $5), but it turns out my stupid graphics card can't handle it. Now I just want it more. FML.