[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the balance of this game in public servers gets forever worse.

Balance never existed in pubs, what the hell are you going on about?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

FINALLY

"Slowdown-on-hit effect is reduced over distance."

Its something I've ALWAYS said. If regular minigun's damage is reduced over distance, why doesn't Natasha's slow-down too? Now it won't be so damn OP when you're far off, like it WAS. Haha, it felt good saying that 'was'.

And Medieval combat? Wow, lol, another thing I've said (and a friend). "TF2's turning Medieval with all these Demo-knight updates." So can only certain class play this mode or all?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

FINALLY

Its something I've ALWAYS said. If regular minigun's damage is reduced over distance, why doesn't Natasha's slow-down too? Now it won't be so damn OP when you're far off, like it WAS. Haha, it felt good saying that 'was'.

And Medieval combat? Wow, lol, another thing I've said (and a friend). "TF2's turning Medieval with all these Demo-knight updates." So can only certain class play this mode or all?

All of them can, but are only restricted to melee weapons with a few exceptions, namely the huntsman, the throwable jars, the new crossbow, etc.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

FINALLY

All of them can, but are only restricted to melee weapons with a few exceptions, namely the huntsman, the throwable jars, the new crossbow, etc.

It's all medieval stuff, and melee. So demo Eyelander and sniper Huntsman are all over the place. It's a fun map, I expect it will be better when people actually have the medieval packs. I'm not sure which count as medieval, but the medic one definitely does.

I didn't really imply that - I'm an FPS gamer and the constant slew of new items that change the game's balance/purpose for, in my eyes, the worse, turns me away from it. We're at the point now where people care too much about what silly hat they have and what unlocks they get rather than having fun playing a first-person shooter. It's me that's the problem here. I went into this game in 2009 expecting a fun, light-hearted FPS as a break from BF2 and Quake III but what I've ended up with is a series of disappointments in regards to that. I don't know, man. Maybe I have more fun playing serious mode instead of casually and that's why I see the constant ridiculous items and hats as a bad thing. I'm not some division 1 elitist but I do like to feel there should be an element of skill to playing FPS games - TF2 has blown my mind with the stuff they introduce to make it easy. Yeah, my problem. I'm old-fashioned.

Either I find a team or I find another game. I won't bother anyone about it but this game loses my interest at every single major update. There's always the beta.

I didn't really imply that - I'm an FPS gamer and the constant slew of new items that change the game's balance/purpose for, in my eyes, the worse, turns me away from it. We're at the point now where people care too much about what silly hat they have and what unlocks they get rather than having fun playing a first-person shooter. It's me that's the problem here. I went into this game in 2009 expecting a fun, light-hearted FPS as a break from BF2 and Quake III but what I've ended up with is a series of disappointments in regards to that. I don't know, man. Maybe I have more fun playing serious mode instead of casually and that's why I see the constant ridiculous items and hats as a bad thing. I'm not some division 1 elitist but I do like to feel there should be an element of skill to playing FPS games - TF2 has blown my mind with the stuff they introduce to make it easy. Yeah, my problem. I'm old-fashioned.

Either I find a team or I find another game. I won't bother anyone about it but this game loses my interest at every single major update. There's always the beta.

Yeah, you've got a point. I was just wondering is all.

I'll take the crossbow off your hands in exchange for the scout candy cane.

Anyone looking for the new medic crossbow or the pyro rake? I have both and I don't really need them.

Wait, you want scrap for that rake too? I've been meaning to test out all these weapons for myself.

PS.

Brass Beast sucks. <_<

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Anyone looking for the new medic crossbow or the pyro rake? I have both and I don't really need them.

Wait, you want scrap for that rake too? I've been meaning to test out all these weapons for myself.

PS.

Brass Beast sucks. <_<

Scrap seems low to me (I traded a Festive Crate for it), but I'll give it to you free to try out, and then you can give it back after a bit/ if I see a crazy offer on the Steam forums. It's actually not that great as a weapon. Pretty average.

Might be good if the medics are all occupied and you don't plan to melee.

I figured that's the benefit. I do lose my degreaser-axtingisher combo, but this is why I experiment. :razz:

siggy3s.jpg

The jag is really the only clearly useful item out of the whole bunch.

E: Giordano got the Backscratcher, I still have the crossbow if anyone wants it for 2 reclaimed/a decent new weapon.

BTW, what makes the minigun bad? Just the reduced move speed? And has anyone tried the Fists of Steel? I saw someone using them on a normal (non-melee) server and owning.

BTW, what makes the minigun bad? Just the reduced move speed? And has anyone tried the Fists of Steel? I saw someone using them on a normal (non-melee) server and owning.

Well the way I play Heavy is that I move around a lot, so anything that slows my speed and roll-up time is bad. Plus, I move so slow, I run out of ammo since my teammates pick up all the dead enemy weapons. :mellow:

I figured it would be a good defense map, but with defense you still ambush and move around to counter-attack: that's half of defense. The only time I would use it if it's a dead-on last CP, choke-point route scenario. Only then, since you're standing in the same small area (hopefully with a dispenser :pray: ) I think it's useful. Of course, if a counter-attack opportunity arrises, you're screwed because you won't be able to execute it quick enough.

siggy3s.jpg

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

1.6GB update for me. >_>

Now I'm gonna lose my festive crates as I go away after boxing day.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!