[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

Last night I was playing with coL.carnage, the dude behind the meatshot videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VBSXYuOkms

Dude's fun as hell to play with, even if fights degenerate to melee when we both go demo. And we both hate pyros.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I realized that I had underestimated Ubersaws.

I was healing a heavy, and a spy came up behind him. Whipped out my Ubersaw, BAM DEAD SPY. Got 100% Ubercharge, uber'd the heavy, and took the CP. Did it again on another server.

The Ubersaw is awesome.

Yes, like the engie's wrench, it has an unrealistic good chance of crits and hits hard.

Though I don't play medic much so I don't have much experience from it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

A general rule of thumb is Offensive: Uber, Defensive: Crits. But it totally depends on the situation.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

An offensive kritz on a soldier can completely wipe out a room in seconds.

Yep, there's some classes that are better situated to both. Examples:

Soldier -> Kirts, because one rocket = one kill, more kills if they're grouped together. Uber not ideal to destroy sentry guns because rocket travel time and reloading means engie will repair his sentry.

Demo -> Uber is great at destroying sentry guns. The fear of the engie at an incoming uber and the need to repair his stuff, he won't be able to destroy all your stickies. Krits demo is good too, if you're skilled with the sticky launcher.

Heavy -> Uber great to destroy sentries close range, if its further out get a demo. Great to clear out a hallway or room, but with that you can use kirts or uber.

Scout -> Uber only for achievement. :mrgreen:

siggy3s.jpg

Had a bit of an awesome moment in a comp round on granary.

We were having a bit of trouble capping B and I decided to switch places with a soldier as a medic. Rolled out of spawn, dropped a scout, then bounced to the roof. A random sniper hit me, dropped me to 22HP, and I drop down and go for an equalizer kill. A scout managed to kill the sniper before he could get the kill, and I end up chasing after a soldier running towards that rock near B, then assassinating a medic, soldier, and scout in about five seconds.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Yesterday I spent a little while making stuff into scrap and then sacrificed my C&D to build Your Eternal Reward, then I opened a crate and got another one :wall: So anyways, I've got an extra YET, Scotsman's Scullcutter, Natascha, and Backburner if anyone has something worthwhile to trade.

I've been getting this wierd "Server is running an old version" message that won't let me join servers today. The interwebs says it will fix itself, but I'm feeling really impatient.

If there has been an update (which I'm pulling right now), most servers will need to download the update and restart in order for it to work. Give it an hour or two and most servers will be running.

And the update notes?

Added Telltale Games items:

Dangeresque, Too?: Strong Bad's styling glasses (equipped by the Demoman)

License to Maim: Max's Badge (equipped by all classes)

The Iron Curtain: The Heavy's first love (equipped by the Heavy, obviously)

The Enthusiast's Timepiece: Tycho's favorite timepiece (equipped by the Spy)

OH GOD YES. POKER NIGHT IS ALMOST OUT.

Yesterday I spent a little while making stuff into scrap and then sacrificed my C&D to build Your Eternal Reward, then I opened a crate and got another one :wall: So anyways, I've got an extra YET, Scotsman's Scullcutter, Natascha, and Backburner if anyone has something worthwhile to trade.

I've been getting this wierd "Server is running an old version" message that won't let me join servers today. The interwebs says it will fix itself, but I'm feeling really impatient.

I'll take a YET. I have crates galore.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

All I have is Australium Gold. Havent got any items last night.

Oh, played on my new PC, I cried. The graphics and gameplay is so smooth, my framerate is so high. Its just beautiful ;___;

I remember that feeling. Welcome to the club. =D>

siggy3s.jpg

Alright, I'm Bentomat on Steam. Wait I just realized I got the initials wrong, it's YER. I'm not sure if there's a different weapon called YET. And no crates please, I've spent enough money on this game already. Do you have any decent doubles? Maybe L'Etranger or a C&D with something random.

The server thing fixed itself.

Alright, I'm Bentomat on Steam. Wait I just realized I got the initials wrong, it's YER. I'm not sure if there's a different weapon called YET. And no crates please, I've spent enough money on this game already. Do you have any decent doubles? Maybe L'Etranger or a C&D with something random.

The server thing fixed itself.

removed is my steam id. I'll see what I have, I think I have some doubles.

polvCwJ.gif

Horribly raped. I tried using the spy's new dagger. HECK, any knife really. I keep getting raped by paranoid players who shoot every moment. There's spy checking, then there's this. It's [cabbage] and making freaking impossible to get good kills.

Popoto.~<3

Horribly raped. I tried using the spy's new dagger. HECK, any knife really. I keep getting raped by paranoid players who shoot every moment. There's spy checking, then there's this. It's [cabbage] and making freaking impossible to get good kills.

Can't you not disguise with the new dagger?

You have to behave like you're on the other team..personally I like to come in disguised as spy with the DR, wait till someone "kills" me, then redisguise as someting else. By that time I'd be behind their lines so it looks normal running with them.

polvCwJ.gif