[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about buying this game. Is it worth the $20? Pros/cons? Also, I've noticed some weekends it's only $10 on Steam, does this happen regularly? Lastly, got any tips for a TF newbie?

Thanks for any advice.

Lol let's put it this way.

I don't think you can get better dollar value out of a video game ever.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Keep in mind most sites haven't updated the database to run TF2 on minimum req'. Im told I can run it on average settings, but even on Low it causes the computer to use all resources.

You could just get a 3 GHz dual core, and you can run TF2 fine.

I'm ok with the huntsman. Can't use the rifle for the life of me though.

EDIT: I wouldn't play soldier first, I'd go pyro. Pyro sucks with decent players but it's probably the easiest class to use in a pub.

polvCwJ.gif

Keep in mind most sites haven't updated the database to run TF2 on minimum req'. Im told I can run it on average settings, but even on Low it causes the computer to use all resources.

If you do some serious modding, you could probably get this game to run on an Intel "graphics" chipset. I've done it, and it runs at like 20FPS in most areas on my laptop.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

If you do some serious modding, you could probably get this game to run on an Intel "graphics" chipset. I've done it, and it runs at like 20FPS in most areas on my laptop.

Yeah, but the game looks like Quake 3.

Yeah, but the game looks like Quake 3.

Not a bad thing. My TF2 hitsound was the one from Quake 3 as well.

Also soldier is the greatest.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/437678-team-fortress-2/57142506

Basically, go into spawn, and do the following.

Rev up as heavy, then without letting go of mouse2 at all during this, open your loadout menu, and swap a weapon that isn't your minigun, like shotgun-sandvich, fists-KGB, etc. Then you can move at full heavy speed while revved up. It's fantastically broken, and it might get you banned, but it's hilarious as hell.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/437678-team-fortress-2/57142506

Basically, go into spawn, and do the following.

Rev up as heavy, then without letting go of mouse2 at all during this, open your loadout menu, and swap a weapon that isn't your minigun, like shotgun-sandvich, fists-KGB, etc. Then you can move at full heavy speed while revved up. It's fantastically broken, and it might get you banned, but it's hilarious as hell.

Will try tonight :D

polvCwJ.gif

After no-lifing all Saturday night and Sunday morning, I've encountered the evil item limit. It's sort of disappointing, but I can still get items from the achievements. It's a great game. I've mostly been using the spy, with the heavy when I need it and occasionally the other classes. I'd have to say soldier and scout are my worse. I used to be bad at the sniper until I discovered the High Tower map.

Has the Halloween Event ended? It looks like the maps are permanent, so I should be able to get some of the items, but I'm hoping I'm not too late for the seasonal ones.

Gah, I'm really awful at this game. It's fun though.

Spy is really hard to play for me. Whenever I try to get behind enemy lines, I always get either lit on fire or blast to pieces because everybody is so damn paranoid of spies.

The Sydney Sleeper is lulzy.

I tried it today, and just shot enemies who were busy fighting my teammates and enemies who were on fire. Works pretty good, actually.

Gah, I'm really awful at this game. It's fun though.

Spy is really hard to play for me. Whenever I try to get behind enemy lines, I always get either lit on fire or blast to pieces because everybody is so damn paranoid of spies.

You just have to play smart. If you walk in the direction of the enemy base while disguised, you look conspicuous. Stay cloaked until you are behind where you want to be, then uncloak (disguised) and move in for the kill.

I tried it today, and just shot enemies who were busy fighting my teammates and enemies who were on fire. Works pretty good, actually.

What does it do? I only have the main rifle and the huntsman (which I can't stand), but the Sydney Sleeper is listed as not giving headshots, which sounds like a huge pain.

What does it do? I only have the main rifle and the huntsman (which I can't stand), but the Sydney Sleeper is listed as not giving headshots, which sounds like a huge pain.

It covers the target in Jarate when they are hit. Surprisingly, I don't find the "No headshots" thing to be too difficult. I can get many kills with the Sydney Sleeper.

The effectiveness of the Sydney Sleeper is your second shot is automatically a mini-crit. By default. No arguing. :razz:

As for spy advice: keep moving, never stay near a place for too long. Kill, hide, disguise, move. Sap, move. Spawn camp, mo-

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg