Call of Duty: World at War

Arch_Tyrant

^But WaW is the 5th COD.

And 2 weeks to port it? I really don't think so Ray.

Thought I made it obvious :?

In the time they took to make CoD6 (2 years or more) they probably could've taken a while to do what Treyarch did.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a personal edit rule

I was sniping after prestiging not so long ago, and I noticed a HUGE difference in the Springfield against the Mosin Nagant or the Kar98k. When you click 'shoot' its like the bullet comes out 20 times slower than the others. It doesnt 20 times slower, but it is slower by the look and sound... (not fire rate :roll:)

Anyway, as soon as I get Mosin I am TOTALLY getting scope on it. I cant deal with the Springfield.

Using T99 and trench a little more now. T99 is better than bar. :P

And the MG42 thing about headshots made me think about iron sight MG42 sniping.

Major wtf if it works.. :P

MG42s can hit from one side of Dome to the other, so they MUST do alright in some places..

I have a personal edit rule

I was sniping after prestiging not so long ago, and I noticed a HUGE difference in the Springfield against the Mosin Nagant or the Kar98k. When you click 'shoot' its like the bullet comes out 20 times slower than the others. It doesnt 20 times slower, but it is slower by the look and sound... (not fire rate :roll:)

Anyway, as soon as I get Mosin I am TOTALLY getting scope on it. I cant deal with the Springfield.

Using T99 and trench a little more now. T99 is better than bar. :P

And the MG42 thing about headshots made me think about iron sight MG42 sniping.

Major wtf if it works.. :P

MG42s can hit from one side of Dome to the other, so they MUST do alright in some places..

You do realise that every gun that isn't a shotgun can hit across the map right?

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I've been only using 3 rifles for the past couple of days. SVT, Gewer, and M1 Garand.

Unless... I get pissed off at someone and use my Thompson w/round drum.

I'm expecting M1 to be in top 5 soon. :thumbup:

No Rocco, IW are stupid.

I'd say they were clever in not wasting manpower in making a game that can never be as good as the other versions.

If you're playing hardcore you can snipe with pretty much anything apart from shotguns.

And Type 99 rocks simply because you can bayonet people.

God the spawns in this game are [cabbage].

Treyarch still haven't fixed that?

I'd say they were clever in not wasting manpower in making a game that can never be as good as the other versions.

EA made the Godfather for the Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSP, Xbox and Mobile Phone. the Wii version got the highest ratings (overall that is, some rated lower than other versions a lot rated Higher). Therefore, while your argument has a valid point, it also has exceptions.

I can only assume that IW do not wish to lower the standards of the games that leave their studio.

I don't see how it would lower the standard. Gameplay is the key mechanic that makes or breaks a game. For example, Pac Man and Tetris didn't and still don't rely on amazing graphics to be a good game. The game is enticing and makes you want to play more. I do agree that graphics are also a large part of a game, but, would you rather have a crap game with bad gameplay and amazing graphics, or would you rather have a good game with amazing gameplay and crap graphics? I know which I prefer.

Anyway, this is getting slightly off topic.

Scenario:

A) They port it to Wii. Wii Fanboys are happy, some 360 and PS3ers are unhappy for some reason. Infinity Ward makes more money.

B) They don't port it to Wii. Wii Fanboys are revolting, no one else cares, Infinity Ward saves some time at the cost of money.

What's your most hated map?

Mine is Seelow. Just a terrible map...

Edit: Why are all my games choppy? I go from having 3 yellow-green bars, to one orange, then two yellows while choppy screen the whole time. My Connection Status List is 100% signal strength...

:wall:

since I have the Wii version, I'm limited to 8 maps, but my most hated is Dome. Mainly because it's ruled by Rifle Grenades and SMGs (mostly MP40s). Although, you can get kills quite easily with any rifle (except bolt action because noobs pretty much always have juggernaut on, negating the effect of Stopping Power).

Scenario:

A) They port it to Wii. Wii Fanboys are happy, some 360 and PS3ers are unhappy for some reason. Infinity Ward makes more money.

B) They don't port it to Wii. Wii Fanboys are revolting, no one else cares, Infinity Ward saves some time at the cost of money.

If MW2 was pushed back IW would lose money. WaW on the Wii may have sold a decent amount. Cod4 has sold, what, 10+ million copies across the 360, PS3 and PC.

Scenario:

If MW2 was pushed back IW would lose money. WaW on the Wii may have sold a decent amount. Cod4 has sold, what, 10+ million copies across the 360, PS3 and PC.

Release MW2 for 360/PS3/PC then port it to Wii?

Edit: Why are all my games choppy? I go from having 3 yellow-green bars, to one orange, then two yellows while choppy screen the whole time. My Connection Status List is 100% signal strength...

:wall:

I reset my modem, significantly better now. Still some minor issues but playable.

Scenario:

Why would they be unhappy?

People like Valeyard (360/PS3ers) would be unhappy because they think Wii shouldn't have MW2 and IW should be developing map packs instead.

They should be if what they created was an inferior game.

When I spoke about map packs we were still talking about the financial side of it, and IW would make a lot more from map packs than a Wii release. TBH i'm not that bothered about map packs. I felt the cod4 one was a bit of a rip off. One map was unplayable on most game modes, and the only one I really liked was Broadcast.

It's like arguing whether a long running PC franchise such as the Total War series came to consoles, even though it would probably not be very good and mean an unpolished PC version.

I'm not so much of an inconsiderate [wagon] that I would say no Wii version just to get a map pack. I don't begrudge you enjoying the game, but with the way you [bleep] about the current game I do wonder whether you do deserve it.

I was a PS3 owner until 2 weeks ago, when I picked up a 360 as well, so I know about getting short changed (GTA4, DLC, cheap ports, lack of stuff on PSN, etc). Just suck it up and stop complaining about what you're not getting.

My friend said he signed up for the Modern Warfare 2 beta while he was at Gamestop reserving the game. If I go to reserve the game, can I possibly have a chance to sign up for the beta? Or are there other ways to sign up for the beta also?

No one with a brain should care if IW make it on the Wii because "it will ruin the game" it wont, how the hell will it..

Anyway guys its way off topic taking up 2 pages already. 3r tried, didnt work.

Shut up..

My most hated map is also Dome.

No sniping

MP40 and MG42 hit from anywhere pretty much

Juggernoob island

No one with a brain should care if IW make it on the Wii because "it will ruin the game" it wont, how the hell will it..

Inferior:

Graphics

SP Gameplay

MP mode selection

MP map selection

Watered down SP missions

Not worth it. The game is utilizing the fullest capabilities of the hardcore consoles, and as much as they can of PC without having insane requirements.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.