Call of Duty: World at War

Arch_Tyrant

Update: I am in love with the telescopic Gewehr 43, I'm going to have 1 class of telescopic Gewehr, 1 class of rifle grenades with Gewehr, and another class as M1 Garand w/sniper scope.

Rifles are fun in hardcore. :thumbup:

(I also got telescopic sight for SVT just for the exp rewards, too many rifles for me to decide)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: I am in love with the telescopic Gewehr 43, I'm going to have 1 class of telescopic Gewehr, 1 class of rifle grenades with Gewehr, and another class as M1 Garand w/sniper scope.

(I also got telescopic sight for SVT just for the exp rewards, too many rifles for me to decide)

So hardcore doesn't have tanks? I'll have to try that, I've been wanting a reason to try the Kar98k without the scope.

What do you think of the M1 Garand?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

So hardcore doesn't have tanks? I'll have to try that, I've been wanting a reason to try the Kar98k without the scope.

What do you think of the M1 Garand?

I only play hardcore nowadays so my views are from gameplay in hardcore modes.

The M1 Garand is to slow to be used as a main weapon, I would suggest Gewehr 43 or SVT rifles for a semi-automatic main weapon. The M1 Garand is hands down the best sniper rifle for hardcore, it's semi-automatic (no "cocking" it like bolt action rifles), reloads very fast when clip completely gone, and can be used better in surprise CQC as hip fire than BA rifles.

Another fun thing about Hardcore, you can throw special grenades at a fully healed person and it will kill them, lol.

qznr81.png

I picked up a Gewehr with an Aperture sight, and to be honest I loved it. Great sighting and fast, kills decent too. This is in Normal TDM.

SVT still is epic though.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I picked up a Gewehr with an Aperture sight, and to be honest I loved it. Great sighting and fast, kills decent too. This is in Normal TDM.

SVT still is epic though.

Yes, I had some exceptional results with Gewehr + Aperture sight at Cliffside, but telescopic sight make maps like Airfield (which I'm not too fond of) bearable.

Trying to get Apertures on both now..

Hardcore is STILL full of SMG and MG nerds.

It's got about 50% less automatic guns and substantially less MP40s.

But that's the PS3 Hardcore, I don't know what's going down in Wii Hardcore.

Meme told me way back there were BARELY any MGs and SMGs in Hardcore. I picked it up for a while, there were still some. After not playing Hardcore for about 1 month I pick it up again, and it's run by MGs and SMGs.

Usually STG telescopic sighted. I'm not going to include that as a rifle since it acts the same as a freakin' SMG, with just 2 different things: Add-ons, and class-name.

Thompsons too. MP40s alot though.

MG42s sometimes and barely ever Brownings.

Meme told me way back there were BARELY any MGs and SMGs in Hardcore. I picked it up for a while, there were still some. After not playing Hardcore for about 1 month I pick it up again, and it's run by MGs and SMGs.

Usually STG telescopic sighted. I'm not going to include that as a rifle since it acts the same as a freakin' SMG, with just 2 different things: Add-ons, and class-name.

Thompsons too. MP40s alot though.

MG42s sometimes and barely ever Brownings.

Sucks for you.

Well I got rifle grenades for Gewehr 43 gun, so my first 4 classes are Gewehr 43 w/telescopic sight, Gewehr 43 w/rifle grenades, M1 Garand w/bayonet (been lazy with the M1), and Thompson w/round drum. All others are Core mode sniper, and randoms.

I love how you guys seem to think that automatic weapons are the devil incarnate or something.

WaW is run by SMGs.

You walk into anywhere and shoot straight up at them with an iron sighted rifle even in HARDCORE they kill you quicker. Even from the length that a rifle should win at.

Treyarch [bleep]ed up big time making SMGs.

Why do I get that [cabbage] all the time?

Dont play it if you hate it!

I dont hate it, I hate the people in it. I get JOY out of killing those people and winning a game.

Here we go again... Well, no one is going to care about what I post here because they're too busy arguing over the slightest bull-[cabbage] but I'll say it anyway.

I'm giving up on the SVT rifle. It's 400 kills behind the Gewehr 43 and I'd rather focus on getting the M1 Garand and Gewehr 43 in my top 5.

P.S. Automatic guns are the Antichrist in Hardcore, in Core modes you really need an automatic gun just to keep up with your death rate. (Unless you're sniping from afar)

If IW does make a Wii version, we should probably create two threads to discuss the game, so the Wii owners have a place to complain and the 360/PS3 owners have a place to discuss the game. :roll:

For my highest streak, I believe it is 27, but I'm not sure. I havn't been on in ages. I keep going up to my new 360, so my Wii is being abandoned while I play through all the games I got for my 360. Though I may play some WaW today.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Here we go again... Well, no one is going to care about what I post here because they're too busy arguing over the slightest bull-[cabbage] but I'll say it anyway.

I'm giving up on the SVT rifle. It's 400 kills behind the Gewehr 43 and I'd rather focus on getting the M1 Garand and Gewehr 43 in my top 5.

P.S. Automatic guns are the Antichrist in Hardcore, in Core modes you really need an automatic gun just to keep up with your death rate. (Unless you're sniping from afar)

SVT is a pretty solid rifle, if you ignore the lengthy reload when reloading from empty.

I've got an across the map kills with a T100 on Makin against a sniper, either he was reloading, lagged or can't aim.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I've got an across the map kills with a T100 on Makin against a sniper, either he was reloading, lagged or can't aim.

I've been killed from across the map on Cliffside by someone with an MG42, but to be fair, he wasn't in my sights.

[hide=]

If IW does make a Wii version, we should probably create two threads to discuss the game, so the Wii owners have a place to complain and the 360/PS3 owners have a place to discuss the game. :roll:

For my highest streak, I believe it is 27, but I'm not sure. I havn't been on in ages. I keep going up to my new 360, so my Wii is being abandoned while I play through all the games I got for my 360. Though I may play some WaW today.

Only 3 more weeks until I get a 360 :thumbsup:

[/hide]

Having both a Wii and a 360 is awesome. You get the fun Wii games (exclusives) and the awesome online play and great games (most notably FPS's) on the 360. If you have both, you don't really miss out on anything, besides any PS3 exclusives.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Doesnt really seem like it is considered normal.. Everything on Hardcore is overpowered.. except bolt action rifles unscoped, so hard to use...

Anyone know if Trench 1hk's if you shoot in the leg on Hardcore? Furthermore, what about the foot or arm?

Nothing is overpowered because all the weapons kill so fast. That's the idea, and it makes for what I think is better gameplay overall. And yes, any shot from a trench gun on hardcore is almost always a 1-hit. Sometimes, though, you might get unlucky and not get the kill if you're especially far away and/or your spread sucks.

Yeah but SMG's and MG's still kill quicker than most rifles since they're WAY easily sprayed, and rifles sometimes depend on moving speed and shooting infront of the opponent, which at times can be hard if you arent vsing a complete noob.

Totally false. The thing about hardcore is that semi-automatic rifles can definitely be used and keep up well with SMG's and MG's. It's usually only a one-shot kill. Killing the opponent from far away as opposed to running around, when you yourself could easily get shot down since it's hardcore? The two balance each other out, with rifles coming out on top on many occassions. There's much better gameplay on hardcore.

I love M1 Garand on Harcdore <3:

Sit back, wait for them to see you, they start spraying, you take 1 shot and kill them.

All the rifles are 1 shot kills. ;)

Only the sniper scope makes the M1 Garand still appealing to me.

Edit: I've been looking some people's stats up on the website and every single one of them have MP40 as their most used (the 10th prestige 65ers usually have their MP40 3,000+ kills ahead of anything else). Sad tbh. Here's 2 examples:

2ryplcg.png