Jagex hiding mistakes with more updates.

eatrunearrow

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is somewhat related to my topic. To the people who are against me. Answer this.

Why did Jagex silently update the following?

Nerfed Chin training in MM dungeon

Multi Combat at blues...

I believe there are a few more silent updates.. but anyway. This is just an example of them hiding something... Clearly Jagex is not as innocent as some of you fanboys think they are. And also much thanks to the few people that have agreed with me. They need to stop updating and start fixing.

Eatrunearrow.png

This is somewhat related to my topic. To the people who are against me. Answer this.

Multi Combat at blues...

I believe there are a few more silent updates.. but anyway. This is just an example of them hiding something... Clearly Jagex is not as innocent as some of you fanboys think they are. And also much thanks to the few people that have agreed with me. They need to stop updating and start fixing.

Probably you haven't read the RS rant forums lately but a J-mod posted about a glitch at the MM dungeon. And frankly, Idk why ppl can't just go out and range things?

As for you continual whinning about the wildy & etc, if there were so many pkers, why hasn't the game crashed? It's been 6 months. It hasn't crashed because there are more ppl who don't pk. I'm not going to say that all pkers/stakers were scammers or that even a large % of them were, but they certainly had their fair share. I'm happy to see the opportunity for scamming and luring removed.

signatureii2.jpg

First things first, summoning may have been released in tandem with the trade restrictions but the real purpose of summoning was to stem the tide of inflation. there is a lot of money floating around, which heavily influences prices for items via GE. it accomplishes this by forcing the player to throw money at an NPC rather then other players(Hence why charms ARENT tradeable)

killtyrant.png

killtyrant.png

First things first, summoning may have been released in tandem with the trade restrictions but the real purpose of summoning was to stem the tide of inflation. there is a lot of money floating around, which heavily influences prices for items via GE. it accomplishes this by forcing the player to throw money at an NPC rather then other players(Hence why charms ARENT tradeable)

Finally an answer that I can somewhat believe! =D>

Eatrunearrow.png

Finally an answer that I can somewhat believe! =D>

lolz thx but this is only my opinion of why they released summoning.

killtyrant.png

killtyrant.png

And yes they do cover up their updates with stuff.

Great, just great. More people who don't even read our responses to see out counter-arguments and decides to post away with no thought about the matter.

There is NO cover-up! How can there be? So Jagex is ready to release Summoning around the same time as unbalanced trade removal (that's right, it's only around the same time as unbalanced trade removal, not the wilderness update!). That doesn't mean "Dear god people will hate us, so we'll cover it up with a half finished skill!"

Jagex did release a half completed skill.

Furthermore, they hyped summoning up so hard with all their development diaries. If they truly were not trying to cover it up they would have just waited till March (or whenever they released all the summons) and completed the skill before they released it and not hyped it at all.

They KNEW summoning wasn't finished when they released it. It isn't even like they found a huge bug and had to go and fix it. They KNEW it wasn't ready and still released it.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

^ Again, not reading our responses.

Of course Jagex KNEW the skill was only half finished, they released it that way because they wanted player feed-back. Duh.

They updated the skill along with adding another batch of creatures. This is the skill that Jagex has been most in touch with players' suggestions, so I thought you'd all be happy about it. Guess not.

To eatrunearrow:

Well, they don't have to signal to us with every little update they do, do they? There's been thousands of little hidden updates that go on, there's even a thread on them here. It's not like Jagex will post a new news post for every one, cause then there'd be thousands of news posts -_-

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

They might've always hidden updates but why not release patch notes with every update like most respected games do? What harm is in it.

Sure they could have, but what harm does it do to not release notes stating what they've updated?

Players find out eventually, so it's not like these things go unnoticed.

card.png

Inconveniences? Why sure, but they still have no obligation to tell you if they do not chose to.

I don't see how it causes harm, though. Does it damage you or your account in any way? I don't think so. You chose how to use your time in Runescape, and if you fail to notice a change in the way you're say... training a skill, then it is your own fault, and not Jagex's.

Seriously, you kind of people will take anything you think Jagex does wrong and blow it way out of proportion saying how it harms you or others or even that they're trying to cover their updates, which you regard as harmful mistakes too.

card.png

Multi Combat at blues...

You contradicted yourself quite a bit in that post.

First you said they need to fix things, well I'm not completely sure if the MM was a glitch or on purpose but that would be fixing, it would take away the extremely fast training of range which killed the bow and crossbow for people with money.

And your last line says that they need to stop updating and start fixing, well.. how can you fix parts of RuneScape without updating?

Updating can be a form of fixing.

E.g. The wilderness was removed, the best way to solve the solution of the people who wanted to pk was to make a new update which brought bounty hunter, which fixed the problem for the pkers.

Look beyond the statistics to what he's really saying of course he's mis quoted them but thats because he doesn't need to go and research them in order to prove his point.

If you went back and researched you would probably find that my statistics are wrong, but they will be close to the real ones, his statistics are made up way too exaggerated.

It would be like me saying, 'It doesn't matter that the wilderness is gone, because only 100 people regularly pked anyway...'

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

^ Again, not reading our responses.

Of course Jagex KNEW the skill was only half finished, they released it that way because they wanted player feed-back. Duh.

Or they released it to appease the tons of people who were angry about Wilderness, staking, and free trade being taken away. Duh.

They updated the skill along with adding another batch of creatures.

This is the skill that Jagex has been most in touch with players' suggestions, so I thought you'd all be happy about it. Guess not.

What suggestions have they been in touch with?? Realizing that summoning was such a waste of money to train and way to costly and time consuming to level up and fixing that is not being "in touch with players", it is actually called "BALANCE" something other games do daily. Why should we praise Jagex for doing what is expected of a game company.

As you have read, one of the things we are most happy about is the size of Summoning. You already know that there is something to do for virtually every skill level, but we can let you in on another secret... After Summoning is released, a second batch of creatures is coming, which will nearly double the size of the original skill! That's right, AFTER Summoning has been released, you will be getting 25 new familiars to summon, and 47 variations of pets and familiars from the first Summoning release!

Some players may wonder why there are two large batches, and not just one massive release. Well, there are issues with so many players downloading a huge piece of content simultaneously. We don't want technical problems and slowdown to interrupt players' enjoyment of the content.

Second paragraph implies they have the release ready but don't want to lag the hell out of everybody's comp (much like they did with graphics).

Ok........ 3 months later they FINALLY release the creatures they had waiting and "balance it". Um.... all the changes they made were apparent from about 10 minutes in. It takes them 3 months??

And here is proof enough that they mask their updates.

Released December 10th about 3 weeks after the first summoning diary (http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=994).

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

Ok........ 3 months later they FINALLY release the creatures they had waiting and "balance it". Um.... all the changes they made were apparent from about 10 minutes in. It takes them 3 months??

It takes a longer time to program it than it does to play it. That's why console games take years to make and only days to beat...

Or they released it to appease the tons of people who were angry about Wilderness, staking, and free trade being taken away. Duh.

What suggestions have they been in touch with?? Realizing that summoning was such a waste of money to train and way to costly and time consuming to level up and fixing that is not being "in touch with players", it is actually called "BALANCE" something other games do daily. Why should we praise Jagex for doing what is expected of a game company.

Oh, sorry, you must have missed the news post stating that they read suggestions and feedback from the forums. Here, let me refresh your memory.

http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=1072

There's also this:

You can break Summoning 2 into two halves. The first is a rebalancing of the skill using your feedback. We have chosen to do this because we wanted Summoning to be one of the most well-loved and appreciated skills, so your help was needed to get it back on track.

Taken from the second batch release notes. It's all there, they stated that they took feedback from players. You know, suggestions? They've indeed been in touch with players' ideas.

And of course it's a waste of money to train, and time consuming. A skill isn't supposed to be "Oh, well, I've paid an entire 10k for the skill and leveled to 99 in a few hours." Use your head. We should praise Jagex for being so in touch with the players, and using feedback. Because that's not what they've done in the past.

card.png

It takes a longer time to program it than it does to play it. That's why console games take years to make and only days to beat...

True.

I honestly don't know jack [cabbage] about programming but I have an honest feeling that those changes could have been made in about a week.

Oh, sorry, you must have missed the news post stating that they read suggestions and feedback from the forums. Here, let me refresh your memory.

There's also this:

You can break Summoning 2 into two halves. The first is a rebalancing of the skill using your feedback. We have chosen to do this because we wanted Summoning to be one of the most well-loved and appreciated skills, so your help was needed to get it back on track.

Hey dude, I am God.

Look, I said I was God so I must be.

Of course you won't believe me and say I am full of crap. Same thing with Jagex, just because they SAY they do something doesn't mean they do it.

You remember that 1v1 PVP combat game we were gonna get?? Oh ya, it turned into hide and go seek RS style, that is really hard core PVP that people on the forums wanted.

Jeez, I don't know what is wrong with you people. You act like Jagex is infallible.

I honestly don't know jack [cabbage] about programming but I have an honest feeling that those changes could have been made in about a week.

Yeah, you really don't know, do you...? A piece of coding as complex as RuneScape takes probably months to change. And don't think for a second I don't know; I'm a student programmer, and I've also tinkered with the Linux kernel.

[That's 50 MB worth of files, probably 100-250,000 lines of code.]

There's also this:

Hey dude, I am God.

Look, I said I was God so I must be.

Of course you won't believe me and say I am full of crap. Same thing with Jagex, just because they SAY they do something doesn't mean they do it.

You remember that 1v1 PVP combat game we were gonna get?? Oh ya, it turned into hide and go seek RS style, that is really hard core PVP that people on the forums wanted.

Jeez, I don't know what is wrong with you people. You act like Jagex is infallible.

Jagex never said it'd be the same as old fashioned PVP. You assumed it would be. Don't blame Jagex for your making an [wagon] of yourself.

Also, people don't act like Jagex is infallible. It's just that your arguments are about as constructive as Snakes on a Plane.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I will answer your post when you answer mine, I don't want some dodge.

If Jagex is man enough to admit their mistakes and don't try to mask things that people don't like how come that poll about farming where about 95% of the people in it said it sucked disappeared??

Answer that for me and I will answer your questions.

One more thing about polls, if Jagex listened to their players they wouldn't need "Mandatory content" polls (or w.e they're called), they would make every poll a mandatory update because theoretically it should reflect the players opinions best.

What poll about farming :lol:

You can't prove it was there, and I honestly don't remember it.

So um... I still think you're all paranoid about Jagex when there's no need to be. Sure they lie about a few things like offense appeals. 1/10 the time they piss off the wrong person about that.

This, on the other hand is different. Here, there is no evidence to say that they purposely released Summoning to cover up free trade. Wow, it happened around the same time, big deal. Doesn't automatically make it a cover-up. I can't believe how many people also think this way about Jagex and the Summoning release.

That or you're all eatrunearrow on different accounts :lol:

card.png

Well considering you created your tip.it account in february I assume you have been playing for maybe a year. Maybe this is why you believe the stuff Jagex says. Maybe if you had been around longer you would realize that Jagex once cared about the players and not just about the money, they actually had a way to contact them and ask questions.

And the poll just said how do you feel about farming and basically 90%+ people said it sucked and Jagex messed up big time.

The poll was closed and became "unavailable" and it seems Jagex removed it from their website.

No they piss everybody off with offense appeals. I got warned by some noob once while I was woodcutting for saying "I am hacking".

No joke. If there had been a real person there who had looked at the dialogue at all they probably would have ended up banning the other idiot.

What happens when you assume? You should know...

I've been playing Runescape for four years this fall, want my original accounts name? Torksoul

I know this game, I know all the changes that were made, big and small, I remember them since I've started playing. So don't worry about that.

You want to know why they removed the ability to contact them? Because it's flamers and complainers that kept contacting them after the big Wilderness update that they had to remove it so that they'd stop getting hate mail. Now they chose to see what the players want through reviewing polls and the forums.

card.png

I know this game, I know all the changes that were made, big and small, I remember them since I've started playing. So don't worry about that.

You want to know why they removed the ability to contact them? Because it's flamers and complainers that kept contacting them after the big Wilderness update that they had to remove it so that they'd stop getting hate mail. Now they chose to see what the players want through reviewing polls and the forums.

Sweet, you tell us you know all the changes in runescape. But you tell me you never heard of the farming poll.

To be honest, you tell us theres huge amount of complainers. I wonder if you think all complainers are mad or something. Or else there wont still be huge amount of complainers after more than 6 months. Do they really complain for no reason?

When the wilderness pking was removed, Jagex once promised they will try making some better PvP games to cover the wilderness pking. The result come out theres still a huge amount of 'complainers' dont like the BH and FoG. Rather than fixing those PvP games, Jagex just choose to do other updates 'skills, quests, graphics' and not even care about those complainers.

Obviously, Jagex is no longer to care about PvP after the FoG. Since 9th April the FoG come out, theres no more further PvP updates or any information on the news development diary. This really disappointed me. Complainers wont stop complain until Jagex really did some meaningful updates to them.

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

Thank you to the few people on here that realize Jagex aren't a bunch of gods that can do no harm... I am simply asking them to stop updating and start fixing.

there is nothing to fix, I love the game the way it is. I am happy it sucks for you. have a great day whining

Mystik01.gif