Jagex hiding mistakes with more updates.

eatrunearrow

You cannot get a real response from players until they have experienced the update. The update was on Decemeber 10th of 2007 if I remember correctly. Jagex could have been working on the wilderness update since 2004, but that doesn't make a difference. The thing that matters is the reaction of players which couldn't be seen until after the update - December 2007. Why would the work on covering something up that hasn't even been released yet - thus not knowing what the feedback would be.

Unless you can prove to me that Jagex can predict our reactions to their updates, Summoning was not a cover up.

Whether summoning was a cover up or not is very subject to every players as Jagex really doing some suspicious things in a suspicious timing.

However, you cant deny that Jagex have been intended to hide the fact that they were going to remove the wilderness pking system.

If you tell me Jagex been working on the wilderness update since 2004, well, from 2004 to 2007, they would have 3 years to let us know they are going to remove the wilderness pking system. However, They kept it as their own secret and never let us know til Dec 10th.

I am just dumber than normal peolpe and I already forgot if they really told us they were going to remove wilderness in the past three years. All I know was, in the last few months before dec 10th 2007, Jagex did mention they going to have a big updates at the end of 2007.

However, all they mention was adding deul arena to F2p, more bank spaces, a new skill (summoning), getting rip of RWT, a new mini game (BH), adding new monster (rev ghosts)..... They try to make their news and development good looking enough to favour every single player. What about the removal of widlerness pking?? They did not even mention any.

While everyone was happy and exciting for all the new updates mentioned in the news/diaries, I doubted if anyone would know that the removal of wilderness was also one of the updates on Dec 10th?

Back to summoning. As you say Jagex been working on summoning since long years ago, then summoning was supposed to be a big feature of Jagex. Jagex should be planning everything of summoning in details and release the whole thing in one which just like all other skills releasing in once.

Do you mind telling me whats the reason for Jagex being so rushy to release their unfinished master work just right after the removing of wilderness??

Its also okay if you tell me everything was just an random occasion and random occasion never needs evidence to prove. And also as what I say on the top: Whether it is a cover up or not is just too subjective to judge.

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is an argument about timing - not the actual content? Then let me ask you something. If the wilderness update took place in 2006, would you say the Hunter Skill was released to serve as a distraction?

You didn't answer my question even. And see above guys post. ^

Eatrunearrow.png

This is the reason why there was a Summoning 2:

Some players may wonder why there are two large batches, and not just one massive release. Well, there are issues with so many players downloading a huge piece of content simultaneously. We don't want technical problems and slowdown to interrupt players' enjoyment of the content.

In the first Summoning diary, they told us they wanted to release it in January. Look:

Yes, you read that right Summoning is coming! It's a big deal for everyone, so to whet your appetites, we're releasing four, count 'em, four mini Development Diaries in the run up to its January 2008 release.

Four diaries for one skill, not to mention the eggs and other things which caused a lot of hype for Summoning. If they didn't release it on time, then you would probably make a rant about them being liars. Jagex kept a promise. That's what they did. And you transformed a promise-keeping into a theory about covering mistakes up.

I guess it boils down to if you believe in what Jagex says or not.

I've answered your question. Now I'd like you to answer mine.

Oh, you said "Hasn't everyone noticed everytime Jagex makes a stupid move they try and hide it with an update?

"... you had one example of it there, how is that EVERY TIME? What you mean has absolutely no relevance to the title what so ever. You're just angry because of the wild.

And isn't it fun how every ranter/flamer retaliates as soon as everyone disagrees with him? Claiming them to be fanboys, standing up for Jagex or being "dumb skillers". Tip.it used to have a huge PK-based community, not just skills. I don't see them complaining...

So please sir eatrunearrows... put down the drugs and step away from the computer.

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve

Some players may wonder why there are two large batches, and not just one massive release. Well, there are issues with so many players downloading a huge piece of content simultaneously. We don't want technical problems and slowdown to interrupt players' enjoyment of the content.

Here I will give some more details: 15-Jan-2008 batch 1, 31-Mar-2008 batch 2

If Jagex really spread summoning to two batches just based on pure technical problems, why would Jagex released the batch 2 almost three months after batch 1 is released??

If you dont get me yet. Think of hows people downloading a movie. Sometimes, when a movie is going too big, its reasonable to spread it into two. But it seems too strange that for a guys to download part 1 of the movie and then download the other part three months after.

If Jagex already have all their summoning stuff done. Why would it release batch 2 a week after batch 1 but took like almost 3 months?? One of the possible answer is that, Summoning is an unfinished product when releasing batch 1 but was completed 3 months later when releasing batch 2.

Yes, you read that right Summoning is coming! It's a big deal for everyone, so to whet your appetites, we're releasing four, count 'em, four mini Development Diaries in the run up to its January 2008 release.

Please remember, news/diaries could also be a chance of being cover up. (Just like how Jagex using the news/diaries of not telling and hide the removal of wilderness) For sure, they have told that summoning would be released in January 2008. But please think of what this quote actually prove?? Wouldnt it be Jagex already known that many pkers would feel disappointed of removing the wilderness pking and so planning to release summoning on the next month to distract them??

Summoning isnt a bad skill. In fact, it rocks. No one's here trying to pick on Summoning but what the thread saing is just, Jagex likes hiding mistakes (you can also say mistakes are some updates that not fair to certain people) with more updates (of caz they can be good update like summoning)

No thieves will tell they are thieves. Of course, we can just blindly believe all the quotes from Jagex without any critical thinking. Then perchaps, the atmosphere of all the rs communities will be friendly and nice that no more arguments occur.

I guess it boils down to if you believe in what Jagex says or not.

I've answered your question. Now I'd like you to answer mine.

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

Oh, you said "Hasn't everyone noticed everytime Jagex makes a stupid move they try and hide it with an update?

Overall, Jagex is doing a great great job. Just look at how many people playing runescape then you know how great Jagex is doing.

And of course, Jagex did not try and hide with an update everytime. Sometimes, they would just change their stupid move in secret without any announcement. EG. Sara GWD bugs. They just fix the bug without any cover up nor announcement .

Therefore, maybe the speaker should say "Hasn't everyone noticed SOMETIMES Jagex makes a stupid move they try and hide it with an update." So this statement will be better.

And isn't it fun how every ranter/flamer retaliates as soon as everyone disagrees with him? Claiming them to be fanboys, standing up for Jagex or being "dumb skillers". Tip.it used to have a huge PK-based community, not just skills. I don't see them complaining...

I am a pker. Now its the time too late to complain but I would just discussing with you all on this forum. :)

So please sir eatrunearrows... put down the drugs and step away from the computer.

To be honest, I am not sure hows drugs are related to this thread?? What do you mean by 'put down the drgus and step away from the computer'? Or you just wanna tell me its another kind of personal attack to some person??

They released the skill. That was the important part. Then they got feedback from players and it turns out a lot of people weren't satisfied. Jagex already said they would release Summoning 2, so this gave them a chance to work out all the bugs and improve the skill. You're telling me that if opportunity knocks, you don't answer?

No matter what Jagex does, Eatrunearrow's just going to find a way to bash them. If Jagex didn't release Summoning 2, they would be considered liars and uncaring. If they do release Summoning 2, they are "covering something up". Maybe it's unwise of me to argue with people who view everything Jagex does in a negative light. The point of this thread: "I have a suspicion that Jagex is trying to make us happy!"

I can't wait to see your rant about the new graphics. -.-

They released the skill. That was the important part. Then they got feedback from players and it turns out a lot of people weren't satisfied. Jagex already said they would release Summoning 2, so this gave them a chance to work out all the bugs and improve the skill. You're telling me that if opportunity knocks, you don't answer?

If you are here talking about opportunity, then you will know theres always an opportunity. Say like if now Jagex suddenly find a bug in summoning skill, they would just change it instantly rathan than having problem fixed when 'batch 3' comes. Here just wanna tell you Jagex can just fix any bugs in whatever time in their game. Batch 2 came out doesnt imply that summoning will no longer have further changes.

Somehow think about to see if theres anymore possible reason that so many people are not satisfied with summoning 1 ??? Would it possible that because Summoning 1 was an unfinished product and thus having so many errors to make players not satisfied ??? ^^ Please try think of issues in multiple ways but not just one cause one consequence. ^^

No matter what Jagex does, Eatrunearrow's just going to find a way to bash them. If Jagex didn't release Summoning 2, they would be considered liars and uncaring. If they do release Summoning 2, they are "covering something up". Maybe it's unwise of me to argue with people who view everything Jagex does in a negative light. The point of this thread: "I have a suspicion that Jagex is trying to make us happy!"

I can't wait to see your rant about the new graphics. -.-

This few lines you said already implied that you been impose a deep bias on certain types of people. Things as you predicted were not even happen and not gona happen. Rathering discussing an issue, your lines here are just to blaming some certain types of people.

What if the new graphics were really good to the game and I agreed so much the new graphics?? What if Eatrunearrow found the new graphics really cool and open a thread to praise Jagex?? What if something about the new graphics turned really bad and you become the one who rant about the new graphics??

On a forum, we should issue about the issue. If we update is good, we praise. If the update is bad, we rant.

If you are here talking about opportunity, then you will know theres always an opportunity. Say like if now Jagex suddenly find a bug in summoning skill, they would just change it instantly rathan than having problem fixed when 'batch 3' comes. Here just wanna tell you Jagex can just fix any bugs in whatever time in their game. Batch 2 came out doesnt imply that summoning will no longer have further changes.

What better time is there than the gap in between Summoning and Summoning 2? Of course they could fix things along the way, but that would be pretty pointless when they can just make one large update. That's just how Jagex likes to do things.

Somehow think about to see if theres anymore possible reason that so many people are not satisfied with summoning 1 ??? Would it possible that because Summoning 1 was an unfinished product and thus having so many errors to make players not satisfied ??? ^^ Please try think of issues in multiple ways but not just one cause one consequence. ^^

You make it seem like Summoning was the only time Jagex ever fixed something. Look at all the updates they released... Many many updates were ranted about and nerfed or fixed. Does that mean that Jagex rushed to get all those updates out to cover up mistakes too?

This few lines you said already implied that you been impose a deep bias on certain types of people. Things as you predicted were not even happen and not gona happen. Rathering discussing an issue, your lines here are just to blaming some certain types of people.

What if the new graphics were really good to the game and I agreed so much the new graphics?? What if Eatrunearrow found the new graphics really cool and open a thread to praise Jagex?? What if something about the new graphics turned really bad and you become the one who rant about the new graphics??

Those few lines you said imply that you must be here just for the sake of arguing because it's not relevant to the topic.

On a forum, we should issue about the issue. If we update is good, we praise. If the update is bad, we rant.

It's the same people, making the same type of rants, and getting the same response. It all follows a formula.

Hey had to remove the wild, and making a new minigame isn't the easiest or quickest thing to do. Plus they've been planning summoning for a very long time, and I bet the same for the graphics.

I could care less that of 98% of you don't want to hear me.

If you read the rants post about banning old wilderness in tips.it. You would find that only a few cute little guys keep spamming offensive words. Because they keep spamming words to attack you, so you think that 98% people in tips.it do not support you.

"you dont have to play. is jagex forcing you to play? no. then maybe YOU should shut up"

by Dallasc779

"you don't have to play the freaking game! What you find fun might not be for other people.. And you take Jagex for fools, but it seems like you're the fool."

by kinggabe

" "[bleep] off" "

by ratchet573

These are the main 3 cute little guys spamming offensive words. They keep telling you not to play runescape if you don't like it and don't rants here also. They are killing this rants forum. Keep attacking the one who pointed the rants about new runescape and they want everyone who rants to leave. So that no one would rants about new runescape. They are blindness, they can't even see this is a rants forum. They are extreme runescape protector. They are not using their brains to think, but their hands only. Yeah, they use their brains to think.

We love runescape. We don't want runescape to get worst. So we always suggest. But runescape never read our suggestions. Is there any wrong for us to rants? As you know, ranting is a human freedom.

You're an idiot. Here's the reason why:

1) I was not spamming.

2) I was not using offensive words

3) I am not a "runescape protecter".

You just don't get it. It's been 7 or so months? Sense the wild was removed. Honestly, can you not see the Jagex is trying to fix their game after that disaster that they had to implant? You're too stubborn to realize this, apperently. =D>

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

" "[bleep] off" "

by ratchet573

These are the main 3 cute little guys spamming offensive words. They keep telling you not to play runescape if you don't like it and don't rants here also. They are killing this rants forum. Keep attacking the one who pointed the rants about new runescape and they want everyone who rants to leave. So that no one would rants about new runescape. They are blindness, they can't even see this is a rants forum. They are extreme runescape protector. They are not using their brains to think, but their hands only. Yeah, they use their brains to think.

We love runescape. We don't want runescape to get worst. So we always suggest. But runescape never read our suggestions. Is there any wrong for us to rants? As you know, ranting is a human freedom.

First of all, are you chinese, because every time I read your stuff on the forums, I invision the chinese guy at the buffet asking me about sushi.

Sentence:

1. Yeah I am cute, thanks

2. Yeah, because you are the kind of people spamming up our community with stupid things over the wild and stuff that Jagex has said is not coming back.

3. Apparently not since its going pretty strong.

4. I would like to rant: Speak english a little better and explain what the heck this sentence means?

5/6. I am blindness and cannot see this is a rant forum? Yes, I am blindness, I am the reason Ray Charles can't see.

7/8/9. You said we don't use our brains, and then you said we do...and I am protective of RS because its fine how it is...whatever the update, I'll be happy and live with it, because I can usually find something else to do with my time than complain about it.

Runescape does not read your suggestions because runescape is a game....

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Tip.it used to have a huge PK-based community, not just skills. I don't see them complaining...

That's not true, Tip.It isn't the best place for pking and stuff, check the graveyard forums, they're pretty much dead. No they haven't died because of the updates they already were dead. Well died/dead may be a bit a strong word for this case, and I don't want to offend the great pkers who posted over there. But if you compare it to certain other forums, than you'll see that Tip.It is a more skill/monster hunting... orientated forum. At the other forums galleries pop up everywhere, over here there are only a few that get updated every once in a while. Vids come out superfast, there's always new stuff to watch, over here there's a vid every month or so.

I'm not trying to offend Tip.It but you can't say it had or has a huge pk based community.

No danger eh?

Like stated earlier, run into the wildy wearing all your expensives and get owned by a 100+ rev, then see how much danger there is, damn idiot.. -.-

lol says the person with one skill ranked and that is hunter... obviously you are going to get owned in the wild. I'll be honest I've never died to a rev, maybee because I used to live in the wild and know numerous escape plans..

Escape plans?

Step 1. Run south.

Step 2. Once at 20 wildy mash your tele button

Yeah, real escape plan.

No life skillers? I support Jagex removing the wildy. Something about watching virtual trees? Nice 86 woodcutting and 85 fletching. For a summoning and skill hater, your ranked above the minimal in all of them. Not to mention with the exception of range, my combat skills mash yours into pieces. (My 95 attack makes up for those range levels)

This isnt about me being better than you, this is about you throwing steaming piles of crap at everyone but secretly eating behind your back. Dont like summoning? Dont train it. Dont like the game? Dont play it. Be constructive or leave.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Well, a rune miner is the one who needs to have a good escape plan, if you fail to click the logout button in time.

ALSO!

I think I'm the first one to agree with the topic creator. I posted a few things that Jagex would have made to improve on the situation without letting RWTers run rampant in the "another update against people with less rl money" topic. (It is impossible to stop RWTing as long as this game is multiplayer tbh...) Clearly this is not the only solution, which means it's a bad update.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

No danger eh?

Like stated earlier, run into the wildy wearing all your expensives and get owned by a 100+ rev, then see how much danger there is, damn idiot.. -.-

lol says the person with one skill ranked and that is hunter... obviously you are going to get owned in the wild. I'll be honest I've never died to a rev, maybee because I used to live in the wild and know numerous escape plans..

Escape plans?

Step 1. Run south.

Step 2. Once at 20 wildy mash your tele button

Yeah, real escape plan.

No life skillers? I support Jagex removing the wildy. Something about watching virtual trees? Nice 86 woodcutting and 85 fletching. For a summoning and skill hater, your ranked above the minimal in all of them. Not to mention with the exception of range, my combat skills mash yours into pieces. (My 95 attack makes up for those range levels)

This isnt about me being better than you, this is about you throwing steaming piles of crap at everyone but secretly eating behind your back. Dont like summoning? Dont train it. Dont like the game? Dont play it. Be constructive or leave.

Escape plans

1. Run to KBD lair but turn on protect from mage b4 pulling lever and second you get into lair hit tele.

Escape plan 2. If you are out by the mage bank. Run to the cave with the fire giants and go down the stairs and run deeper. 99% of the time the rev will not follow you as you are out of its programmed range for some reason.

number 3. Run to any location that has one of the wild teleporters and use it.

Just a few. I'm not going to give out anymore of my escape plans...

"Be constructive or leave" Oh really? So I have to accept every update Jagex makes? This is the rants forum, I can rant about anything runescape related I want to that is within the rules. I'm tired of you people saying " If you don't like it leave". You are allowing yourselves to have no say and are pretty much on your knees for Jagex. Many of you have out right flammed me for no reason now on this post and I am considering reporting some of you to a forum mod. I have a right to post rants on the rants forum. Please stay on topic rather than flaming me with pointless "get over it" crap.

And where did I say I care what your levels are? If you are going to go there. To be honest You havn't really pked much have you? Dammage doesn't equate to your attack level. You're only 81 strength if I remember. Pathetic, my 95 range would eat you alive in the wild back in the olden days. Tell me, how much did you ever pk? I want to know.

And as far as me training skills, yes I like skilling here or there. But now there is NOTHING to do in runescape besides sit and stare at that Damn tree. What's the point? How is this even fun? Pvp in runescape is pretty much dead.

Once again don't tell me if you don't like it don't leave. I have invested countless hours into making this pker account. And now they've been thrown out the window. If people in the real world lived with the attitude that something can't be changed and you should just leave rather than to fix it, i'd love to see what our world would be like. For example, African Americans, you can use the same argument you people are using for this one. "If you don't like the conditions in the United States leave!" Well, we obviously all know what has been achieved.

Eatrunearrow.png

"Be constructive or leave" Oh really? So I have to accept every update Jagex makes? This is the rants forum, I can rant about anything runescape related I want to that is within the rules. I'm tired of you people saying " If you don't like it leave". You are allowing yourselves to have no say and are pretty much on your knees for Jagex. Many of you have out right flammed me for no reason now on this post and I am considering reporting some of you to a forum mod. I have a right to post rants on the rants forum. Please stay on topic rather than flaming me with pointless "get over it" crap.

We're not "on our knees" for Jagex just because we agree to most or to everything that they decide to do and want to defend it here from your arguments.

Saying things like "Get over it" accompanied with an explanation (which I've seen happen in most posts so far) is not considered flaming, so you should maybe calm down.

And where did I say I care what your levels are? If you are going to go there. To be honest You havn't really pked much have you? Dammage doesn't equate to your attack level. You're only 81 strength if I remember. Pathetic, my 95 range would eat you alive in the wild back in the olden days. Tell me, how much did you ever pk? I want to know.

You ask us where you said that you care what our levels are, yet you tell us your levels could own us back then. Sounds like you care about it to me. There's also this:

lol says the person with one skill ranked and that is hunter... obviously you are going to get owned in the wild.

That also sounds like you caring about his only "ranked" level being Hunter, and therefor he automatically would get owned in the wild?

And as far as me training skills, yes I like skilling here or there. But now there is NOTHING to do in runescape besides sit and stare at that Damn tree. What's the point? How is this even fun? Pvp in runescape is pretty much dead.

So you you see no fun nor a point in "staring at a tree". I guess the same can be applied to various skills. With PvP in Rs "pretty much dead", what in God's name are you doing here? What else could you possibly find fun in this game? Sitting there and chatting with friends?

Once again don't tell me if you don't like it don't leave. I have invested countless hours into making this pker account. And now they've been thrown out the window. If people in the real world lived with the attitude that something can't be changed and you should just leave rather than to fix it, i'd love to see what our world would be like. For example, African Americans, you can use the same argument you people are using for this one. "If you don't like the conditions in the United States leave!" Well, we obviously all know what has been achieved.

People in the real world don't live with that attitude because things can be changed and fixed in the REAL WORLD, because it's there that things can and will be changed.

As for Runescape? No. Why? Because it does not belong to us. We don't (really) have a choice in what happens in Runescape. We have no control over what changes happen to Runescape

So, once again, comparing Runescape to the REAL WORLD fails.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

We're not "on our knees" for Jagex just because we agree to most or to everything that they decide to do and want to defend it here from your arguments.

Saying things like "Get over it" accompanied with an explanation (which I've seen happen in most posts so far) is not considered flaming, so you should maybe calm down.

You ask us where you said that you care what our levels are, yet you tell us your levels could own us back then. Sounds like you care about it to me. There's also this:

lol says the person with one skill ranked and that is hunter... obviously you are going to get owned in the wild.

That also sounds like you caring about his only "ranked" level being Hunter, and therefor he automatically would get owned in the wild?

So you you see no fun nor a point in "staring at a tree". I guess the same can be applied to various skills. With PvP in Rs "pretty much dead", what in God's name are you doing here? What else could you possibly find fun in this game? Sitting there and chatting with friends?

People in the real world don't live with that attitude because things can be changed and fixed in the REAL WORLD, because it's there that things can and will be changed.

As for Runescape? No. Why? Because it does not belong to us. We don't (really) have a choice in what happens in Runescape. We have no control over what changes happen to Runescape

Look before I get into any response.

The above wasn't even directed at you so I don't know why you are answering it.

And also ok same question for you then.

Did you ever even pk? Tell me , I want to know how much you pked in the wild Bloodkay.

Also, did you ever play RS classic?

Eatrunearrow.png

Sorry I responded to your post?

And no, PKing never interested me much, so I did it very little. I'm a skiller, so yes, I know the removal of the Wilderness effected me very little.

Again, no. I did not play RSC, as I joined Runescape back in the fall of 2004. And yes I know that RSC was very heavily based Pking. But how do those questions tie into you thinking Jagex hides their "mistakes" with updates?

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

It's not because one time Jagex tried to limit collateral damage with a big update that it's going to be like that every time.

2480+ total

Look before I get into any response.

The above wasn't even directed at you so I don't know why you are answering it.

And also ok same question for you then.

Did you ever even pk? Tell me , I want to know how much you pked in the wild Bloodkay.

Also, did you ever play RS classic?

Ill respond. No, I didnt pk. Why? Because PKing is a waste of time. If it was around today, I wouldnt do it. Id rather invest my time in Bandos or Armadly, where I can score 35-70M gp in a single kill, while you would spend weeks getting that. And with GWD, you need high all around skills. Prayer, attack, strength, range, and defence. (Hitpoints comes naturally with them).

Just about everything he posted, I agree with, so, in a sense, he did respond correctly. This isnt the real world. The real world we would fix it, and it we cant, we get someone who can. We dont sit there [bleep]ing and saying "No one will listen to me so why bother". This is a game. We dont own it, we have no control over it. Ranting on a forum is fine. Having the same repeat rants to raise a sense of awareness that died months ago isnt fine.

It's not because one time Jagex tried to limit collateral damage with a big update that it's going to be like that every time.

No duh, are you stupid? Why would they NOT try to appease the customers. They did what they had to; to save their game. Unless you had a better idea. Big updates DO bring more people and make older ones happy. Everyone was in a scare about everyone quitting, I dont see any Jagex news posts about "with the recent large mount of unsubscribing members we must shut down 50% of our servers to cut costs" now do you?

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

really? why do people like pking so much anyway? now i may not know as much as much as you people out there but what's so special about it? "ooooo i pw3ned dat n00b, pk3d him landed dat 50 on his s0rri @$$" really, is it that important to rant about? do you guys do it for bragging rights? for the rewards of te actuall stuff your victim dropped? was it sooooo important enough to start a huge so called "riot". why do people take it that seriously. really, i want to to know whats so mind-numbingly important that you should discuss this topic any further? please someone tell me why people are still randomly yelling in their heads "no pk no play no pk no play". im not trying to make fun of you pures out there but i just want to know......why?

dallasc779.png

dallasc779.png

"The best of you comes from your heart, not the edge of your sword"

"After hearing that, i don't think bounty hunter is the perfect minigame for you.".

~Dallasc779~

This is totally irrational thinking... you're pretty much saying that big game content updates are just conspiracies meant to "cover up" for other "mistakes".

Have you forgotten how long an update like summoning spends in development? Much longer than the changes made on December 10th took to develop. Not only that, but they couldn't have predicted 100% what player reactions were going to be to those changes. So... how would they have known what to "cover up" with? You are completely missing the point of updates like summoning. They are meant to add to the game, giving player more to do and something else to be interested in... not to make up for negative releases.

Sorry, but your freakin' crazy...

picture7eo0.png

Jagex does not need to "fix" things because in their opinion (and in mine, by the way) there is nothing that needs to be fixed. They don't have to hide anything. They intended the removal of the wilderness, the trade limits, etc as they are right now. If you don't agree with these updates, well, that's pretty much your loss.

Jagex continuously updates Runescape. And all of a sudden it is because they want to hide something? Nonsense.

And the whole "dictator" argument.. well, Jagex owns this frikkin' game, so yeah, they dictate it. You pay to earn the right to play it's content for a set ammount of time, and NOT to have anything to say in how they run this game. Follow their "leadership" or sod off, that's all there is to it.

Stop this pathetic whining.

So sick of the tip.it Forums, of course nobody is going to agree with me here. It's mainly just a bunch of no life skillers that are on their knees for jagex and will defend any move jagex makes till the bitter end. And I do have the right to complain, this is the rants forum. I could care less that of 98% of you don't want to hear me. Nobody forces you to read my rants and post on them so please. Stop your flaming and leave. You're all so brain washed by Jagex, you defend them to the bitter end and you don't recieve anything back for it. I love no lifers like most of you. Honestly, it's a game. Games are for fun. And Jagex ruined all of the fun that Runescape had. The people that are still around are either A. players that never played the game before the wild. or B. Never pked. or C. the people that Enjoy staring at virtual trees for hours when they could be out doing something in real life.

You are an idiot. You have a right to rant, but everyone has the right to call you an idiot too. That is the consequence of you being the moron you are, and writing up rant after rant about the same exact thing. OMG cry about it some more. You seem to be so passionate about something so meaningless (to me and most of the RS population), and that makes you much more of a loser with nothing else better to do in RL than the people you are attempting to belittle with your ignorant remarks.

Let's go on with your "brainwashing" by Jagex theory. No, they have not brainwashed me. I agree wholeheartedly with their decisions and actions in regards to RWT, Auto-ing and ridding the Wilderness because it enhanced my gameplay. Too bad it destroyed your way of life, but live with it. Move on. There is nothing more you can do, and with each rant, you become more of an idiot fighting a losing cause.

Get over it and move on please. I bet you are the type of guy who lays in bed at night crying because he doesn't know why the first girl he has ever kissed won't call him. You wanna know why? It's probably because you act like this. (please don't come back with a "I have a hawt girl who loves me and does everything I want because I am a self made millionaire" BS, because I don't care and I don't wanna hear it. But if it does make you feel better, have at it, its a free internet).

Mystik01.gif

To the guy above me...

Ok, I understand that you've the right to call him an idiot but why do you flame so much? And what has his girlfriend to do with it? That's just really stupid, we're talking about the wilderniss and you start insulting him and pointing out what's been said already so many times...

Edit: Some guy what' so great about the wild...

It was fun and it was a completely different aspect of the game. I mostly went there for the fights, because when you're a pure that fights other pures, you don't have to expect expensive stuff. Also it was something totally different than training skills. When I was sick of skills on my other account I just pked with my pure. It just gave some kind of rush too, but yeah I know you can also get that in a rollercoaster.

But with bounty hunter all these good fights are gone. When I enter the low level crater in members, I just get specialed by a dagger or some maul. Ok, rushing in is fine I don't care if you do it or not. But this is just running around with 1 item and item protect on, ready to try and kill everything they see. Some don't even wear a strength amulet... They made 1 iteming easier then ever before. Hey, guys 4 specials which you can release, and after 30 seconds you can enter again and special another 4 times! Soo much fun!!! And with their prayer being recharged again it costs them nothing, not even the hassle of recharging it every time at an altar, like the one in Edgeville. So they just can enter, protect their dagger and use the strength, attack prayer some of them even use the protect from melee, ranged or magic prayer when 1 iteming. After they enter they can unleash some demolishing specials which can knock you out when you're unlucky. Sometimes it's even impossible to run out, you'll first have to eat to survive their specials and if you use sharks that's quite some money down the drain for nothing. Because afterwards they just run out and you won't even have the chance to kill them. And even if you can kill them most likely they'll keep their stuff, if they don't well than you get the pick-up penalty of 180 seconds, when he isn't your target. So after all the hassle of even killing them you get a penalty for your work, then you've to choose between picking up or banking and returning afterwards. When you choose to return there's a chance you'll get frozen by some mage or some guy with a dagger keeps stalking you. When this mage keeps freezing you, you won't be able to get back to your stuff in time. Or with the guy with a dagger on you, you won't be able to tank through the 180 seconds. But luckily most of these guys with a dagger leave after their 4 specials. You may also get specialed multiple times by other people, if you eat fast enough you can survive most of the times. But in some cases your opponent can hit like 25- 23 and knock you out, or around 30 with his maul. Yes even in the low crater some people can hit that high. And sometimes you just can't get back to the spot in time...

Well now you'll probably think something like: Use the bounty locate spell then! Oh yeah this great spell they even lowered the magic level to use it. If you use it now youll most likely end up in a clan in the middle where you get frozen first and then like 2 of your hunters attack you, your target and some rogue hunter. If you dont end up in the middle but near your target than theres a big chance that its a 1 iteming guy with a dagger who just specials you. If youre even more unlucky you get attacked first by some other random guy and your target helps him a bit. Ever tried to eat against 2 dragon daggers specialing away? Not possible, and dont say something like: But youve 1 defence! Just train it! Just no, defence wont matter Ive seen a few tanks that got piled by some of these guys and they died. Ok, I agree with the point that defence can help you escape when youre lucky, but in most cases not. Now if you end up near a decent target (someone who isnt 1 iteming) and you start to fight him. Youre having a great fight with the guy and everything is ok. But suddenly out of nowhere a hunter teleports near you. So this means one of you is his target. Do you think hell let you or him live and get away? Guess not, there might be some who do, and dont ruin the fight but this hasnt happened to me yet. And even if they do they might just try afterwards to kill you, when you killed the other guy, so they can receive more loot.

This is what bounty hunter is for me, I just hate the rule that you can get attacked by multiple people in a single combat area. In the old wild you knew when you could get teamed or when you could fight on your own. Yes I know that there was jumping too, but not this kind of form when you suddenly have 2 people on you. The old wild was without these dumb rules. Yeah you had those stupid 1 iteming guys too, but they werent that annoying. Now since everyones skulled theyll just attack. Back then you had a choice of skulling or not if you werent you wouldnt really be bothered that much.

Also, in my intro I said that I wasnt in for all the loot and stuff, yet Ive been complaining about it. Well in the old wilderniss the loot wasnt that great but it was ok for a pure. Now its just worse, you might waste food and potions, but get nothing. In the old wild you used to get a scimitar, sometimes a 2 handed and things every once in a while. Or a dagger, maul or sometimes a dragon scimitar in members. Now its just a dagger if youre lucky, but in most cases you get nothing. I know that some escaped before you could kill them and you wouldve wasted food and potions too, but at least I had a good fight. And sometimes you could get a rematch and kill them anyway (or get killed).

Note: Im talking about the low level crater in members. But Im pretty sure things like 1 iteming happen too in the middle and higher level craters but maybe theyre less common. But there are other things that are worse over there, like the luring for godswords in the high level crater. I dont know how this exactly works but if you get lured with an Armadyl godsword, and the chances are big that you wont get away, youll lose 100M+. But since I dont know how this exactly works I cant say anything more about it.