Jagex hiding mistakes with more updates.

eatrunearrow

Eatrunearrow, please, accept that its gone, and never comming back. I used to pk as well, i let it go. If you dont like it then find a more pvp baised game, yes you put time into your account, maybe its time to quit. By calling the entire Tip.It community through blind eyes, skilling no lifers, your not going to get very many responces in your favour. If jagex ruined your fun, quit, or for our sake atleast leave this forum.

/speaking from a skillers prespective :- Why would i want to shoot projectiles over and over again at random players when i can relax browse the forum and fish. Or watch a movie and woodcut. Killing pixels bore me.

Its all opinion. Yours is NOT the only one. Neither is mine. This is has to be atleast your fourth? thread on your precious wilderness. Its NOT comming back. :|

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the guy above me...

Ok, I understand that you've the right to call him an idiot but why do you flame so much? And what has his girlfriend to do with it? That's just really stupid, we're talking about the wilderniss and you start insulting him and pointing out what's been said already so many times...

Edit: Some guy what' so great about the wild...

It was fun and it was a completely different aspect of the game. I mostly went there for the fights, because when you're a pure that fights other pures, you don't have to expect expensive stuff. Also it was something totally different than training skills. When I was sick of skills on my other account I just pked with my pure. It just gave some kind of rush too, but yeah I know you can also get that in a rollercoaster.

But with bounty hunter all these good fights are gone. When I enter the low level crater in members, I just get specialed by a dagger or some maul. Ok, rushing in is fine I don't care if you do it or not. But this is just running around with 1 item and item protect on, ready to try and kill everything they see. Some don't even wear a strength amulet... They made 1 iteming easier then ever before. Hey, guys 4 specials which you can release, and after 30 seconds you can enter again and special another 4 times! Soo much fun!!! And with their prayer being recharged again it costs them nothing, not even the hassle of recharging it every time at an altar, like the one in Edgeville. So they just can enter, protect their dagger and use the strength, attack prayer some of them even use the protect from melee, ranged or magic prayer when 1 iteming. After they enter they can unleash some demolishing specials which can knock you out when you're unlucky. Sometimes it's even impossible to run out, you'll first have to eat to survive their specials and if you use sharks that's quite some money down the drain for nothing. Because afterwards they just run out and you won't even have the chance to kill them. And even if you can kill them most likely they'll keep their stuff, if they don't well than you get the pick-up penalty of 180 seconds, when he isn't your target. So after all the hassle of even killing them you get a penalty for your work, then you've to choose between picking up or banking and returning afterwards. When you choose to return there's a chance you'll get frozen by some mage or some guy with a dagger keeps stalking you. When this mage keeps freezing you, you won't be able to get back to your stuff in time. Or with the guy with a dagger on you, you won't be able to tank through the 180 seconds. But luckily most of these guys with a dagger leave after their 4 specials. You may also get specialed multiple times by other people, if you eat fast enough you can survive most of the times. But in some cases your opponent can hit like 25- 23 and knock you out, or around 30 with his maul. Yes even in the low crater some people can hit that high. And sometimes you just can't get back to the spot in time...

Well now you'll probably think something like: Use the bounty locate spell then! Oh yeah this great spell they even lowered the magic level to use it. If you use it now youll most likely end up in a clan in the middle where you get frozen first and then like 2 of your hunters attack you, your target and some rogue hunter. If you dont end up in the middle but near your target than theres a big chance that its a 1 iteming guy with a dagger who just specials you. If youre even more unlucky you get attacked first by some other random guy and your target helps him a bit. Ever tried to eat against 2 dragon daggers specialing away? Not possible, and dont say something like: But youve 1 defence! Just train it! Just no, defence wont matter Ive seen a few tanks that got piled by some of these guys and they died. Ok, I agree with the point that defence can help you escape when youre lucky, but in most cases not. Now if you end up near a decent target (someone who isnt 1 iteming) and you start to fight him. Youre having a great fight with the guy and everything is ok. But suddenly out of nowhere a hunter teleports near you. So this means one of you is his target. Do you think hell let you or him live and get away? Guess not, there might be some who do, and dont ruin the fight but this hasnt happened to me yet. And even if they do they might just try afterwards to kill you, when you killed the other guy, so they can receive more loot.

This is what bounty hunter is for me, I just hate the rule that you can get attacked by multiple people in a single combat area. In the old wild you knew when you could get teamed or when you could fight on your own. Yes I know that there was jumping too, but not this kind of form when you suddenly have 2 people on you. The old wild was without these dumb rules. Yeah you had those stupid 1 iteming guys too, but they werent that annoying. Now since everyones skulled theyll just attack. Back then you had a choice of skulling or not if you werent you wouldnt really be bothered that much.

Also, in my intro I said that I wasnt in for all the loot and stuff, yet Ive been complaining about it. Well in the old wilderniss the loot wasnt that great but it was ok for a pure. Now its just worse, you might waste food and potions, but get nothing. In the old wild you used to get a scimitar, sometimes a 2 handed and things every once in a while. Or a dagger, maul or sometimes a dragon scimitar in members. Now its just a dagger if youre lucky, but in most cases you get nothing. I know that some escaped before you could kill them and you wouldve wasted food and potions too, but at least I had a good fight. And sometimes you could get a rematch and kill them anyway (or get killed).

Note: Im talking about the low level crater in members. But Im pretty sure things like 1 iteming happen too in the middle and higher level craters but maybe theyre less common. But there are other things that are worse over there, like the luring for godswords in the high level crater. I dont know how this exactly works but if you get lured with an Armadyl godsword, and the chances are big that you wont get away, youll lose 100M+. But since I dont know how this exactly works I cant say anything more about it.

He deserves all the flame in the world that comes his way. He is just a moron, plain and simple. He makes stupid assumptions based on absolutely nothing. What he gets, he rightfully deserves. What he did in RS while PKing was still around was just as mindless and stupid to me as skilling is to him. So if he has the right to insult skillers, I have every right to tear him a new one.

Mystik01.gif

Hasn't everyone noticed everytime Jagex makes a stupid move they try and hide it with an update?

Trade Removal, Wild, Staking. cover up update= Summoning.

The fact that they still havn't made a good pvp = New graphics.

right... so they were talking about summoning for ages and then because they bring it out thats a bad thing (cause its not like they had to remove wild or staking cause of the gold farmer problem costing them mucho grande cash or anything). And now that they have decided to upgrade the graphics (way big project that most likely cost them a fortune in development to redraw everything) because they can't create 'good pvp' content (ie 'something where you can get items/cash from like in the wildy and staking which they had to get rid of cause it was being abused by goldfarmers') which would be an awful lot simpler to do and cost them a month or so of a couple of members of development?

My god, your right! The evil and underhand swine!! The only reason they are doing *any* of the updates since christmas is because they are so terrible at writing good MMOs!!

or not, you decide

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

So sick of the tip.it Forums, of course nobody is going to agree with me here. It's mainly just a bunch of no life skillers that are on their knees for jagex and will defend any move jagex makes till the bitter end.

Nice excuse for why you come up with ridiculous theories.

You're all so brain washed by Jagex, you defend them to the bitter end and you don't recieve anything back for it.

You're brainwashed by your own ego. We point out the mistakes in your arguments, and you won't accept them no matter how true they are. Is it really that painful to admit when you're wrong?

You have the right to be upset about what Jagex did. But stop making things up to make things look worse than they really are. That's propaganda.

I was going to lock this, but I decided to give you another chance.

Everyone please calm down with the flaming and name calling.

Calling someone an 'idiot' is not a good way to have a debate. Just give your side of the discussion and if it doesn't work, oh well.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Exactly. ^. So back to my question that hasn't been answered. Can anyone give me a logical answer to why summoning was released half way finished if it had been "worked on" for such a long time?

Eatrunearrow.png

Exactly. ^. So back to my question that hasn't been answered. Can anyone give me a logical answer to why summoning was released half way finished if it had been "worked on" for such a long time?

Because they didnt have all the monsters finished, and if they messed up on the first batch, the user input would tell them what they needed to change...

I was going to lock this, but I decided to give you another chance.

Everyone please calm down with the flaming and name calling.

Calling someone an 'idiot' is not a good way to have a debate. Just give your side of the discussion and if it doesn't work, oh well.

No, please do, he wont ever get it. :roll:

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

It was answered on page 3 and Blood answered it in case you don't want to look back that far.

Hold on a minute.. When was the trade and wild removals a mistake?

It was actually a solution to the rwt problems.

And now Jagex are in the process of making the best possible alternatives for what was lost.

And summoning wasn't an update to 'hide' the fact that the wilderness was gone, it was an update which they had been working on for a long time which was rushed in the end so the players had at least something positive to do while Jagex are working on making replacements.

All in all it was a smart move, but they could of course held off another few months to make it perfect before its release but the inpatient players rushed things forward.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

When they removed wilderness PK'ing they killed two birds with one stone. It would have happened anyway..

Many players continue to create threads concerning the previous PvP system in RuneScape. Many of these threads demand/request the old system to be brought back and for Jagex to reverse many of the updates made since the beginning of the year.

I can say without a doubt that the old style of Player vs Player combat will not be returning and no volume of demands will change that.

This is not only due to the RWT changes, but also due to our own decision to revamp Player vs Player combat in RuneScape, this was even mentioned in the original Development Diary entitled "Jagex vs RWT".

Bounty Hunter, Clan Wars, Fist of Guthix, Duel Arena and even Castle Wars are all still viable Player vs Player combat options.

While many MMORPGs are moving away from the "Kill and Loot" style of play that was popular in older MMORPGs, Jagex has decided to keep this style in the game but in a more contained environment. Currently Bounty Hunter is still a viable Player vs Player system that enables players to take another players items.

Change is inevitable, MMORPGs thrive on change and updates due to their nature. If the game remains the same way for many years it will stagnate and soon only the "veteran" players remain. MMORPGs need new players all the time, not only for the interests of the company behind them but for the player community to stay fresh.

This is true across the industry.

As always your feedback on the new minigames is welcome, although we ask you to remain constructive. Telling us *exactly* what you do like, as well as what you don't like, helps us create more content for the future.

Finally, further threads created with no constructive discussion, suggestions or feedback will be treated as spam. Threads encouraging riots or flaming Jagex may be result in a loss of posting ability for the player responsible.

Kind Regards

Mod Mark H

RuneScape Forum Support

2qcigdz.png

And now Jagex are in the process of making the best possible alternatives for what was lost.

And summoning wasn't an update to 'hide' the fact that the wilderness was gone, it was an update which they had been working on for a long time which was rushed in the end so the players had at least something positive to do while Jagex are working on making replacements.

All in all it was a smart move, but they could of course held off another few months to make it perfect before its release but the inpatient players rushed things forward.

Exactly

patr1ckotg1.png

Haha. "Because they didn't have all the monsters finished." Exactly what I mean.... WHY would they NOT have them finished after all that "time" spent working on the skill?

Because the two reasons are tired together.

They could have had the blue prints down for batch two, maybe models, but, until they saw what the players really wanted out of the skill, they couldnt make it, else we would be having rants of "familiars sukz n overpowered (/underpowered) fixx jaghax" Instead, we get one batch, see how it turns out, and then we get batch two, and its pretty much exactly what we want.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Haha. "Because they didn't have all the monsters finished." Exactly what I mean.... WHY would they NOT have them finished after all that "time" spent working on the skill?

Because the skill is gigantic and it's much easier to release half of it, get player feedback, and work those fixes into the update with the other half instead of having to code every monster and go back and redo every single one.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The amount of flaming youv'e received has been ridiculus eatrunearrow these people are clearly children, heaven forbid anyone rant on a rants forum! all this talk of be useful and make a suggestion. We could suggest until we are blue in the face and they will just flame you for something else. The bottom line is these skillers could not handle the wilderness they can now do their clues safely without getting there cowardly hides whooped. Reverants don't even have the ability to run after you so don't try and tell me the wilderness is still dangerous. There was nothing like the ability to kill these fools, but now they feel free to scorn from behind the safety of their computer screens.

Btw what is it with these stupid japenese signitures depicting men that look like girls, Says alot really.

If you keep telling yourself this you might believe it. For a company that makes millions of dollars a month, the bugs, technical mistakes and costumer support is horrible. They removed the wilderness, while they knew there were millions of people who only played because they liked (the already sucking) pk-ing. The switch from classic to RS2 was horrible if we talk about PvP, and now they made it worse.

Rushed? JAGeX themselves were so smart to have updates every week, under the motto " Quantity is better then quality ". There is a reason people who are over 16 join WoW from RS, because it has no challenges left, no dangers (oh no players could get killed in a zone that clearly is made for it, let's get rid of it :roll: ) and no real gameplay is needed to be good. Just freaking and playing long hours. JAGeX maybe doesn't care about it, there are always enough 13 year olds who enjoy this type of game (and they are right) but the real gamer notices after a while that this game doesn't take skill anymore, just a lot of time.

The people who quote me saying, don't play it then, well I don't. The people who will quote me saying "don't post on a RS forum then" I will say you this, if you always say "Wow, the update of JAGeX is good." and never have some critsism you will never help to improve the game. This is a rant forum, the TS has a perfectly good rant and yet the first reply to his post shows how unconstructive you can answer.

signature4s.jpg

Jagex thinks luring is bad, but only stupid people get lured in wild I mean who the hell trades there!? There is always that pop up thing that reminds you you're going into the wild anyways.

BTW the new graphic updates r soooooooooooooooooooooooo laggy.

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

The amount of flaming youv'e received has been ridiculus eatrunearrow these people are clearly children, heaven forbid anyone rant on a rants forum! all this talk of be useful and make a suggestion. We could suggest until we are blue in the face and they will just flame you for something else. The bottom line is these skillers could not handle the wilderness they can now do their clues safely without getting there cowardly hides whooped. Reverants don't even have the ability to run after you so don't try and tell me the wilderness is still dangerous. There was nothing like the ability to kill these fools, but now they feel free to scorn from behind the safety of their computer screens.

Btw what is it with these stupid japenese signitures depicting men that look like girls, Says alot really.

Wow. I'm amazed. You tell us how bad flaming is, then the rest of your post contains nothing but a bunch of attacks. It's called liability. You should earn some before expecting us to read anything else you type.

Wait wait wait...you go off about how all of us are flaming him...and then you flame all the skillers and anyone who's a fan of anime (at least i think thats what you were refering to in that last sentance)? Leave, learn about hypocracy, then return, aru

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

If you keep telling yourself this you might believe it. For a company that makes millions of dollars a month, the bugs, technical mistakes and costumer support is horrible. They removed the wilderness, while they knew there were millions of people who only played because they liked (the already sucking) pk-ing. The switch from classic to RS2 was horrible if we talk about PvP, and now they made it worse.

Rushed? JAGeX themselves were so smart to have updates every week, under the motto " Quantity is better then quality ". There is a reason people who are over 16 join WoW from RS, because it has no challenges left, no dangers (oh no players could get killed in a zone that clearly is made for it, let's get rid of it :roll: ) and no real gameplay is needed to be good. Just freaking and playing long hours. JAGeX maybe doesn't care about it, there are always enough 13 year olds who enjoy this type of game (and they are right) but the real gamer notices after a while that this game doesn't take skill anymore, just a lot of time.

The people who quote me saying, don't play it then, well I don't. The people who will quote me saying "don't post on a RS forum then" I will say you this, if you always say "Wow, the update of JAGeX is good." and never have some critsism you will never help to improve the game. This is a rant forum, the TS has a perfectly good rant and yet the first reply to his post shows how unconstructive you can answer.

Again, another post with made up statistics. From what I've heard, there are about 6 Million active accounts. When Jagex released a poll awhile ago asking for what people liked best, the pking was one of the lowest and under 10% (I forgot the exact statistics).

Now, with you saying "millions" only played RS to PK, then the minimum amount of people who use to PK was 1/3.

And it's funny because nearly every time I have posted on rants such similar to this thread, people often reply back to me with false statistics. So if what you were saying is right, why would you need to lie?

And yes, the rants forum is for some good construction criticism, but when threads like this one keep constantly appearing it becomes annoying.

And I have said this many times, and seen it so many times but I will say it again, if Jagex didn't remove the wildy, then RWT would still exist, and if that still existed, in the short run, RuneScape would have to shut down which = NO RuneScape.

I don't know why people don't understand this. It was explained in the Development diary Jagex released when the wilderness was removed all those months ago!

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Look beyond the statistics to what he's really saying of course he's mis quoted them but thats because he doesn't need to go and research them in order to prove his point. Pkers were in the minority but the course of action taken in my opinion was completely unnessisary, it could have been solved by reducing the amount of servers that had proper wilderness and reducing it's size, bh is no comparison. A few rwt may still have been around but there still is anyway accounts can still be bought and sold...

I also beileve that this would have improved the game for pkers rather then jsut nerfing it, i was always a fan of exploring the wilderness for kills rather then sitting in hotspots and waiting, but this proved difficult.

haha i knew that would get you going, your comments amuse me thank you. it was a mild attack at best hardly what i would consider flaming, and i still maintain his signiture looks ridiculus.

See, now your trying to get eople to flame you, I highly suggest you stop, aru

Stay on topic an stop talking about other peoples sigs, it doesn't matter if it as a mild attack-it ws still an attack!

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Jagex needs to stop updating period. They need to work with what they have and fix what is already in the game.

Basically every mini game needs an update, and I don't mean BH, I mean things like trawler where you get stuck with freeloaders or something like castlewars where you are almost stuck using melee unless you have 100m extra cash.

Skills need updates. Mining is not profitable (compared to other things) at all and it possibly the worst skill to level up do to all the clicking. On the other side something like smithing is just stupid because it takes so much effort to even smith something once you get the level. Mining rune is a pain in the butt so you are forced to buy the bars but that just makes you lose money. Problem.

Firemaking is basically useless. They need to do actually give it a use.

And finally the combat triangle needs balance. It isn't balanced. Arguing against that is just naive. Mage needs buffs, melee needs nerfs. Range is (for the most part) fine.

If Jagex just fixed things instead of constantly updating with crap that is broken and unwanted (or unneeded) RS would be in such a better position than it was now.

And yes they do cover up their updates with stuff.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

And yes they do cover up their updates with stuff.

Great, just great. More people who don't even read our responses to see out counter-arguments and decides to post away with no thought about the matter.

There is NO cover-up! How can there be? So Jagex is ready to release Summoning around the same time as unbalanced trade removal (that's right, it's only around the same time as unbalanced trade removal, not the wilderness update!). That doesn't mean "Dear god people will hate us, so we'll cover it up with a half finished skill!"

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png