Billionaire�s Investment Guide

Cellerdoor

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get the formula, how are you suppose to know how many were sold and at what price? I mean for people like everybody buying 1 item to sell, how do you know the price and the volume? price will be high, but volume? how do you know how many have been bought?

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

• 2 weeks later...

This formula would require that we know the amount transacted and the value it occurred at. Both 2 unknown variables. We can gain insight into them however by using the 1x method. Buying 1 at max, see how much you get back and how fast you get back. Buy one slightly lower, etc. This gives you the feel.

The best scenarios would be at extrema values (the peaks). The amount transacted would factor out in both the numerator and denominator and left only with the value it transacted at, and as it is near extrema, the value is approaching the extrema, but not quite meeting it.

Finally, this formula is really not that important. It is more important to develop that feel of the prices, that way

Clan Chat Application

Name: Leet Pwn

Investing History? I've merchanted 5m into 20m+ only using GE (ive spent a lot too though). Used to be the co-owner of H&M Telegrabbing Corp. which had 45+ employees telegrabbing wines. They sold to me 900 ea, I re-sell for 1,1k ea.

How much money have you made from it? Not the guide, but from merchanting I'd say about 33m total. About 28m on my main.

Do you agree with the purpose of this guide? Yes, though I usually prefer merchanting.

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

Nice guide. I just got into investing not too long ago. I started with 1M and would get around 100K then double that the next day, etc. Anyways this guide will help out much. As investing and merchanting can be the most rewarding money making skill. I used to invest way back when, when GE was first created. Although a good friend decided to hack me out of 140M and a purp. I wasn't that upset, I did take a break but I did come back and get started.

Name: Dirtbiking06

Investing History? Used to mess around with Flax and Bowstrings.

How much money have you made from it? 10M+ after getting hacked.

Do you agree with the purpose of this guide? Yes, ofcourse.

Clan Chat Application

Name: Acdcfantony

Investing History: Been merchanting ever since I made my first Mil (long time before g-e)

How much money have you made from it: 50m+

Do you agree with the purpose of this guide?: I totally agree with everything said in this guide, it is brilliant.

I have been logging into your clan chat everyday for about a week now. I have helped a couple of people and will love to get ranked. By the way, CANADA FTW!

Acdcfantony.png

I think I luv you! <3:

definitely a bookmark! Party hat, here I come... I wish :roll:

Very well written, very detailed, and if it works incredibly useful...very possibly the best guide i have ever read =D>

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

I really really wanna read this thread so well and detailed enough, but unfortunally i am not sure if i will get guarnteed to earn some cash.

Any help there cellers?

I'll vouch for him. I joined his clan, and started at 1 mil as a F2P'er. I'm now at 6m 2 weeks in to "flipping" items. I just multiplied my money by 6!

So long as you take the necessary precautions to investing, and know what you are doing, you incrementally increase your wealth!

sephiroth.jpg

Nefariouspig.pngSeph_ir_oth.png

clan chat application

Name:Natejohn0

Investing history: I have been merchanting for a long time, ive made over 30 mil off merchanting items, and when ge came out i started familiarizing myself with how it works, and how to make money off it, and ive made roughly 10mill off investing different things.

Do you agree with the guide? yes i do, it helped me out alot, and i would like to be able to help you out in return, if i can join the clan. =)

• 2 weeks later...

Clan Chat Application

• Name:Kai th3 g0d

Investing History? I've been a small time merchant before the GE started making myself some little cash along the way of my RS career (roughly 3m). Since the GE came out, I've been studying many of the GE trends and RS economy, managed doing the "box set" merchanting for a while until it stopped working decently. I have made over 90m from merchanting but recently because of market crashers I've lost quite a bit, currently with 65m cash.

How much money have you made from it? Around 90m altogether ~spent quite a bit for 99 mage

Do you agree with the purpose of this guide? Yes, it seems very well thought out with some methods that are very profitable. Your predictions are also quite accurate.

Kai_th3_g0d.png

Name:ckellingc

Investing History? Merched my way to 40m. I try to do a little every now and then.

How much money have you made from it? 50m probably total.

Do you agree with the purpose of this guide? Any guide that has a purpose of helping people is good enough for me. I'd love to share ideas and see what other people are doing.

There is no way to make "Millions fast and easy"...

SO QUIT ASKING ABOUT IT!

• 3 weeks later...

This better be good... :evil:

I just spent every penny I have, plus sold my veracs and dharoks and used that... on yew logs. The graphy thingerificatifier says it's the item of the week and that it'll go up by like 3.8%...

I should make 10gp each log.

Don't forget the equation for percentages [hide=Equation!]:D ([P'-P]/P)*100=%

So if I bought them for 460 each then P'=460. The original price was P (455) so 5/455*100=1.09%[/hide]

:D And if it will go up by 3.8% then I made 2.71% profit. That means I make 12gp per log. Arrr matey, 'tis sounding like a good investment!

Zunee27.png

Zunee27.png

Name: OR TRADE ME (perfect merchers name eh?)

Investing History? Bought gems and made into rings and sold to members many years ago. Turned that into 20M and into a santa. Then merched willows when the GE came out. Got to 80M. Went on crazy skilling spending spree and now I merch about as much as I spend and stay consistantly at 75-85M.

How much money have you made from it? Hard to say, likely over 100M before expenses

Do you agree with the purpose of this guide? Mostly, excpet that clan merchanting section. Nice guide btw

Haven't tried yet, but this guide looks very helpful.

I'm not quite sure if i understand the "X1 test".

Could someone elaborate more on that for me?

You buy 1 item for max price. Then you get the item and some money back. That shows you what people are selling the item for and you can base your purchace on that.

EX: yews are 425 - 450 - 475.......You put an offer in for 1 log at 475 gp and get that log and 28 gp back. This tells you that people are selling yews for 447 gp. Then all you have to do is offer 448 and wala all they yews you need (most of the time).

Hello.

Nice guide.

Good ideas, well written but with a residing humour to it ::'

I haven't played since before Real World Trading changes (apart from this week) and furthermore merchanted in years. After losing most of my money dueling, I quit the game but I will probably try again once i've made some money....somehow ::'

Name: B Y E Pker (Siao Mage - old school merchanting account)

Investing History? Main area was the Rares market. Tried my hand at materials (BS, essence etc) but wasn't too successful at predicting price levels.

How much money have you made from it? Peaked at 2 Blue Party Hats when they were worth around 55m each (credible sources i.e. Lordgreyhawk, Duke Freedom #-o etc)

Do you agree with the purpose of this guide? Definitely. It breaks down simple Economic theory and relates them to RuneScape simultaneously. I haven't tried most of the methods with myself mainly benefiting from the use of timezones.

b_y_e_pker.png