Duel arena f2p? thanks for nothing.

ice age mage

Long time staker in p2p I canceled my membership a while back. Why the hell would jagex introduce dueling arena to f2p AFTER the update :roll: . Why don't they put a bunch of member's npcs around but you can't communicate with them. Sparing the joy of friendly duel bull, 3k a duel is just a slap in the face. And OBVIOUSLY the tournament (only way to earn money through dueling) is still p2p. It's like a jealous, poor guy watches the rich guy's house burn down and then god gives the ashes just for fun.

Anyway I think it's another of those distracting updates to avoid having to put in something worth while. Yes it's f2p and yes it's their game..stfu already no reason to insult f2p players with r-tarded updates.

So sorry that you're a one-trick pony, but the game can't be made to cater to just you and your habits.

Time to expand your horizons, or have fun elsewhere.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

They just made it ftp so that we would have more PvP options. I like it even if you can't stake, friendly duels are just as fun.

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

Anyway I think it's another of those distracting updates to avoid having to put in something worth while. Yes it's f2p and yes it's their game..stfu already no reason to insult f2p players with r-tarded updates.

The duel arena has been well received by f2p, it's not Jagex avoiding anything.

The fact that you joined just this last week is showing itself greatly.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Yes, it's too bad we don't have the tournaments, but oh well. There's more of f2p than just that.

I don't get the burning house analogy.

This rant is kind of late...duel arena F2P and the trading limits are soooo January/February/March/april/may...

June is so we can anticipate the new graphics update and July is so we can rant about it ruining the game.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

This rant is kind of late...duel arena F2P and the trading limits are soooo January/February/March/april/may...

June is so we can anticipate the new graphics update and July is so we can rant about it ruining the game.

Actually,more like November 2007-ish...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

They gave it to F2P to help replace the Wilderness that was removed. Since you had a memberlist right off of Tutorial Island, you failed you realise that the Wilderness was F2P also.

j0xPu5R.png

You don't pay a cent and yet have access to a lot of stuff. Irl, how many times can you say you got stuff for free just like that for no reason? It's pretty swell, don't complain. Besides, the duel arena is not for making money anymore.

2480+ total

They gave it to F2P to help replace the Wilderness that was removed. Since you had a memberlist right off of Tutorial Island, you failed you realise that the Wilderness was F2P also.

Stereotyping is bad.I actually completed all the f2p quests before going into p2p.

The Wilderness was removed AFTER the duel arena was made f2p.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I just love how most "respective users" go to every thread and try to defend Jagex in every rant. It is a rant forum. If you want to blindly support Jagex like most high post people seem to here there are other places to post.

Anyway I am just realistically assessing the use of dueling arena. Yes there are people who find dueling with no high stakes are fun, but common apart from a rare duel with a friend to settle a bet or something most people get bored very quickly. I just don't see this as something any player age group could be really interested in.

On another note we shouldn't allow posting "you are f2p get over it" response or something -.- It is so obvious and is pretty much spam as as long as they provide service we have the right comment on it whether with supportive comments or not. It's just another typical response by people who feel that any rant about Jagex has to be bashed.

Anyways hope this made some sense.

I just love how the threads in rants that amount to nothing more than an arm/leg flailing temper tantrum are made by people who have been here less than a month and have a post count slightly higher than their age. I know the rants forum is a place to vent, but try not to make it obvious that you're grasping for something to whine about.

No, you're not. The duel arena is supposed to be a place for fun stakes and duels, not a place for rich people to transfer massive amounts of wealth. And what age group would that be in? I highly doubt they attend high school.

You've been here less than a month, you don't have any say in what Tip.It policies should be, as evident from your suggested policies simply being censor whatever you don't like. The key of the matter is that besides keeping the game running smoothly and fixing bugs, Jagex owes f2p nothing. F2P has gotten some massive updates over the past year, and all people like you do is continue to complain that it's not good enough for you. Get over it, you get what you pay for and you pay nothing.

It's just another typical response by people who feel that any rant about Jagex has to be bashed.

No, just nonsensical and rants that aren't going anywhere.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Just joined and you say we're trying to defend Jagex in rants? We're just posting our thoughts on what the people rant about(at least I do). I've seen low post people "blindly support" Jagex, not just high posters. Seeing as you wanted people to answer your rant, don't tell us to post somewhere else. Gosh....

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

So sorry that you're a one-trick pony, but the game can't be made to cater to just you and your habits.

Time to expand your horizons, or have fun elsewhere.

Agreed you seem to forget the removal of the wilderness. Yes they had Bounty Hunter and Clan wars but they needed something to "sweeten" the deal. That and most players were using the Tournament section of the dueling arena on p2p anyways.

Just learn some more aspects of the game, the rest of the game is just as fun as dueling.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Just because he joined last week doesn't mean he is new. Anyone can logout and create a new account easily. Oh yeah, F2P dueling... nothing wrong with it as others have stated ;) By everyone is entitled to their own opinion which is why he is ranting.

gors2.gif

We used to see this kinda stuff lin dec-jan...its a bit late, but I understand...you just came back. You need to vent some frustration, so I willl leave you to that.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

I just love how the threads in rants that amount to nothing more than an arm/leg flailing temper tantrum are made by people who have been here less than a month and have a post count slightly higher than their age. I know the rants forum is a place to vent, but try not to make it obvious that you're grasping for something to whine about.

You don't know how long I am involved in runescape or tip.it it may just be another account since I forgot the information for the previous one. Neither do you know how old I am.

No, you're not. The duel arena is supposed to be a place for fun stakes and duels, not a place for rich people to transfer massive amounts of wealth. And what age group would that be in? I highly doubt they attend high school.

I always found dueling arena so much fun because of the risks. You actually can win/loose something you and your opponent spent a lot of time making. It's not necessarily a place for fun stakes but it's what it was made after the update.

You've been here less than a month, you don't have any say in what Tip.It policies should be, as evident from your suggested policies simply being censor whatever you don't like.

WoW...Now you are just grasping for something to rant about in my thread. Seriously how literal do you have to take my words to actually assume I am proposing a tip.it policy. It's just a figure of speech and VERY obvious one. All I am trying to say is that it's so common on tip.it and it carries so little meaning since everyone gets it that it is no better then spam.

The key of the matter is that besides keeping the game running smoothly and fixing bugs, Jagex owes f2p nothing. F2P has gotten some massive updates over the past year, and all people like you do is continue to complain that it's not good enough for you. Get over it, you get what you pay for and you pay nothing.

:wall: Much? I guess you really don't get my point do you. :roll: Jagex doesn't need to owe F2P ANYTHING. It's solely their game, BUT we still have the right to comment on what we like and dislike about it including ask for changes. We have no right to demand updates as we don't pay them anything (even though I am a member..) but we still can ASK AND SUGGEST.. Yes and even rant about something we don't like..

You don't know how long I am involved in runescape or tip.it it may just be another account since I forgot the information for the previous one. Neither do you know how old I am.

Your age is certainly showing itself is you "forgot" your account details.

I always found dueling arena so much fun because of the risks. You actually can win/loose something you and your opponent spent a lot of time making. It's not necessarily a place for fun stakes but it's what it was made after the update.

It is whatever Jagex intends it to be.

WoW...Now you are just grasping for something to rant about in my thread. Seriously how literal do you have to take my words to actually assume I am proposing a tip.it policy. It's just a figure of speech and VERY obvious one. All I am trying to say is that it's so common on tip.it and it carries so little meaning since everyone gets it that it is no better then spam.

A figure of speech...Right, I suggest you read up in a dictionary on the definition of "figure of speech" and come back.

:wall: Much? I guess you really don't get my point do you. :roll: Jagex doesn't need to owe F2P ANYTHING. It's solely their game, BUT we still have the right to comment on what we like and dislike about it including ask for changes. We have no right to demand updates as we don't pay them anything (even though I am a member..) but we still can ASK AND SUGGEST.. Yes and even rant about something we don't like..

Really? Asking and suggesting? Are you that daft that you've already forgotten the point of this thread, as written by yourself? I'll refresh your memory.

You didn't ask for or suggest anything, this thread is just a half-crying temper tantrum about Jagex slapping you in the face because you can't use the duel arean to get sum g0ld lo0lz, and how your childish mind thinks that these updates to f2p are just so they don't have to put anything worthwhile in.

What did you think they were going to do? Lift the limit so F2P can stake whatever they want? Common sense please? The Duel Arena got the restrictions about a month before it went f2p, if you didn't see the restrictions coming then you shouldn't be talking about anyone else.

You've still never explained how 3k a duel is a slap in the face, nor have I seen you give ANY feedback that can be considered constructive and not an attempt at flaming, in this thread and any other thread you've posted in.

BUT we still have the right to comment on what we like and dislike about it including ask for changes

Yea, and this forum has the right to point out why you sound like a three year old losing his pacifier every time you post.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Stereotyping is bad.I actually completed all the f2p quests before going into p2p.

The Wilderness was removed AFTER the duel arena was made f2p.

Yeah, that's the way you should do it. If you don't finish all of the F2P quests and training your stats to decent levels, becoming P2P is really a waste. ::'

They made the Duel Arena to prepare for the removal of the Wilderness. With all of these things being added, I knew that free trade was going to be removed.

j0xPu5R.png

I totally agree from a F2P point of view. I remember going to the duel arena having fixed up with someone a 200k duel. When we got there i found out that there was a 3k limit. It's annoying, that you cant have high proiftable duels. :x

Join the clan for skillcapes to become F2P! \' :thumbsup:

SUPER.gif