Should double wielding be allowed?

Lem2222

I think dual wielding would be a great addition to the game. There are many games in which it has been incorporated and gotten good reception (for example Halo 2 and Sherwood Dungeon). If the game developers found a way to have a balanced combat system that allowed for dual wielding, it would more strategy to combat and make it more enjoyable.

The internet: A place where the men are men, the women are men, and 13 year old girls are FBI agents.
looks like WoW's interface.

Were you too lazy to read 3 posts above or too stupid to comprehend it?

Brothers and sisters, I have none, but that man's father is my father's son. Who is that man?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

double weilding could work, but with heavy restrictions. maby if you couldnt weild 2 of the same weapon (whip/dds combo anyone?) and if your defence took a serious hit, it could work. oh, and you shouldnt attadck with both at once, but rather alternate. (so like, power of dba, speed of dds kind of strategy.)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Double wielding as long as it's only new weapons that come out after the ability comes into the game.

Yea that would work. Because the weapons would have to be weaker than most weapons when in one hand, but if you double wielded them they would be like whip strength.

maybe only duel wield up to dragon items, as for crossbows....no enchanted bolts? staffs...well, mages are already underpowered, no restrictions here. allow doublecasting imo. but maybe not high power spells.

maybe make dual wielded dragon scims a bit better than whip? but at a lot of cost for the skill itself to be learnt.

and off hand versions of weapons would be bought or obtained from drops.

2Xeo5.png

Dual-weilding would be great but i do not think that existing weapons should be used at all.

If like people have been suggesting that weapon power is decreased to allow this, this then puts those who wish to use a shield at a huge disadvantage and somewhat forcing every player to dual-weild which is a bad scenario in my opinion.

New items should be introduced though, like torags hammers but with more power for those who do want to dual weild.

2ag9frt.png

a staff and sword would be nice combo, but alternate attacks

so mage, melee, mage, melee etc. or if they long range target mage, if they close by melee, but not at same time

Same with c'bow and sword?

Might gives mages/rangers more of a chance

two melee weapons would be too much, unless newer swords, like double blades, 1 slightly shorter for off-hand slot. With 1 spec bar, like double slash or cross cut? lower def than sword and shield/defender, but same attack stat as a longword. Lower str bonus(so weaker max) but make them slightly faster to balance system and go bronze-dragon like all weapons

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

Ok, time to put this "dual-wield" idea into the works

[hide=Dual-Wielding]1:You may dual-wield, but in your off-hand, you may only wield light weapons, such as daggers, short swords, defenders, dirks, etc.

2: Off-hand weapons that have a special attack, you may not activate special attacks for the off-hand.

3:Weapons in the off-hand lose some attack power/bonus, but in return, give a slight defensive boost.

4:Special attacks from the main-hand weapon only include the main-hand weapon.

5:If dual-wielding staves, you only get infinite runes from the main-handed staff.

6:Dual-wielded attacks are two hits, but attacks from the off-hand only have a 50%-60% max.

7:If dual-wielding crossbows, power/maxes are not effected, however, your accuracy plummets and your attack speed is halved.

8:You may dual-wield two-handed weapons. (but you already knew that.)[/hide]

This idea can be improved in any way. If you're going to put this in Suggestions (even though it might never get implemented), at give me credit. :|

Need a new signature....perhaps...

If they were to introduce Dual weilding in the game, I think they would have to lower all hits, make every weapon weaker, then it would make dual weilding fair. Because some weapons would be extremely overpowered. So making them weaker would make it fair. And to dual weild a certain weapon you need to be 10 levels over single weilding. So 50 for dual rune weapons etc. But I think it would be cool to have dual dragon daggers, 4 hit special :P

But by double weilding you lower your defences.

I say this should be like a spell. Strenght of Two Men or something.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

maybe they should introduce more double wielding weapons like torag's hammer but instead make it available to lower level p2ps and maybe even f2ps?

It's allowed for everyone, or no one.

maybe they should introduce more double wielding weapons like torag's hammer but instead make it available to lower level p2ps and maybe even f2ps?

It's allowed for everyone, or no one.

just like herblaw, theiving, hunter, summon, construction,farming, slayer and fletching right? oh wait nope sorry. go back to f2p

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1