Music genres you Can't stand?[flame war=ban]

Flodder450

And I agree with Agunimon and Mlbfan13. 2Pac's a legend...but 50 Cent's ruining that legend.

To be honest, I've never gotten why so many people love 2Pac. I don't mind him, but i wouldn't dream of calling him the greatest rapper of all time (as many people do). That said, I can't really think of anyone I'd call the greatest rapper of all time..

Cool.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I agree with Agunimon and Mlbfan13. 2Pac's a legend...but 50 Cent's ruining that legend.

To be honest, I've never gotten why so many people love 2Pac. I don't mind him, but i wouldn't dream of calling him the greatest rapper of all time (as many people do). That said, I can't really think of anyone I'd call the greatest rapper of all time..

Eminem = best rapper of all time.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I've listened to a couple of good rap songs, but really, it's just computer generated music, it's not like real people with a talent playing an instrument like guitar or something, unless you count a DJ board.

Could you be any more ignorant if you tried? -.-

[bleep], I mean it's not like Musical composition is a talent or anything. :roll:

What does it matter if its mostly computer-generated?

I don't know if you're adding on my point or arguing it, but that's my point. It doesn't matter.

It doesn't take talent to compose music, we did that at age 11 in music class.

What I mean is rock and roll or punk or country or whatever takes REAL instruments to play. That means people actually sat down and took lessons and have a talent for playing this difficult instrument.

I'm sorry, what? How the hell can you say that it doesn't take talent to compose music? What you did in your primary school music class was probably something along the lines of a 12-bar blues or finishing off a song with a perfect cadence. That's not really composition.

What I actually meant by that: Oh my [bleep]ing god, go headbutt a bullet you ignorant dope. I pray to god you get ebola, because you don't deserve life.

Cool.

What I mean is rock and roll or punk or country or whatever takes REAL instruments to play. That means people actually sat down and took lessons and have a talent for playing this difficult instrument.

Goddamn Mozart, that talentless hack.

I'm sorry, what? How the hell can you say that it doesn't take talent to compose music? What you did in your primary school music class was probably something along the lines of a 12-bar blues or finishing off a song with a perfect cadence. That's not really composition.

I liked your first reply before I refreshed the thread better :cry:

I liked your first reply before I refreshed the thread better :cry:

Fixed. :)

Cool.

Could you be any more ignorant if you tried? -.-

[bleep], I mean it's not like Musical composition is a talent or anything. :roll:

What does it matter if its mostly computer-generated?

I don't know if you're adding on my point or arguing it, but that's my point. It doesn't matter.

Adding, I agree 100%. I'm rather vigilant on this too; due to the fact that some of my favorite artists are highly skilled electronically musical pioneers. This sort of ignorance is mind blowing.

p915h.gif

Adding, I agree 100%. I'm rather vigilant on this too; due to the fact that some of my favorite artists are highly skilled electronically musical pioneers. This sort of ignorance is mind blowing.

I figured you were, but I thought maybe I worded myself wrong there. :P

FYI I learned how to play an instrument starting in 6th grade. Hurr playing instruments doesn't take talent!

What I actually meant by that: Oh my [bleep] god, go headbutt a bullet you ignorant dope. I pray to god you get ebola, because you don't deserve life.

Oh i'm so sorry, don't get so mad, you might pop a zit, or that mcdonalds might back up and give you a heart attack.

Nadril, I'm not talking about mozart, I'm talking about the average rapper ffs who the beep was talking about mozart here?

Oh sorry for voicing my opinion here, it seems all the other fat little nerds on this website would rather have their opinion shoved down my neck.

Sorry for not knowing so much about music as you do, I must be spending too much time out with my friends, playing sports, and dating. Shame on me.

Nadril, I'm not talking about mozart, I'm talking about the average rapper ffs who the beep was talking about mozart here?

Yeah, strawman arguments are ridiculous aren't they? ;)

PS: I'm agreeing with you Agun, to clear up any confusion.

^How the hell is it a strawman? He never explicitly stated that it was based on "the average rapper", in fact, he said: "It doesn't take talent to compose music, we did that at age 11 in music class." That's a dumb statement in general and he never restricted it to rappers, and if he did, it would've been a strawman.

Oh i'm so sorry, don't get so mad, you might pop a zit, or that mcdonalds might back up and give you a heart attack.

Oh sorry for voicing my opinion here, it seems all the other fat little nerds on this website would rather have their opinion shoved down my neck.

Sorry for not knowing so much about music as you do, I must be spending too much time out with my friends, playing sports, and dating. Shame on me.

when losing an argument and all else fails, insult the person. ace job, idiot.

thanks for verifying who you were talking about in your post while making that GENERAL statement. even if you did, you're still wrong, and always will be.

i don't think you should be allowed an opinion if you're as dumb as a rock. therefore, you're opinion is void and it doesn't really matter what you say, knave.

says the man who plays runescape. it's actually rather ironic, considering you could learn all this by taking one lesson a week or just listening to music 2 hours a day. i'm pretty sure you could fit this into your "busy" schedule of obviously being superior to us poor, lonely, pathetic, depressed people who spend time listening to music (which you can, and I have while dating, hanging out with friends and playing sports). =(

or you could just be a dipsh~t who has no better argument than his own lack of education and unwillingness to earn one... despite how simple it really is!

i'm going more with the latter.

p915h.gif

Actually, I said that because Nadril said the same exact thing to me, so I was just pointing out a bit of hypocrisy.

I appreciate bands like Pink Floyd and I recognize Mozart's talent. It's the rap that I'm more concerned about. I'm not agreeing with every single word that's coming from Agun's mouth - just his main point.

Actually Adio, I find your whole post a bit hypocritical too. You state that flaming is not the way to win an argument yet... Um... Hmm I'll just drop it, after all, look what the title in this thread says.

Actually, I said that because Nadril said the same exact thing to me, so I was just pointing out a bit of hypocrisy.

I appreciate bands like Pink Floyd and I recognize Mozart's talent. It's the rap that I'm more concerned about. I'm not agreeing with every single word that's coming from Agun's mouth - just his main point.

Actually Adio, I find your whole post a bit hypocritical too. You state that flaming is not the way to win an argument yet... Um... Hmm I'll just drop it, after all, look what the title in this thread says.

I defeat people on their own battlefields. Anything else and they wouldn't understand. Insults are effective, but his weren't. Nothing in my post is hypocritical, and it's 100% right. Much like my opinions.

Besides, if someone attacks; you don't only tell him to stop, but you attack yourself. It's best to defend yourself.

p915h.gif

It wasn't a strawman. He said "musical composition doesn't take skill" which is entirely wrong. I pointed out Mozart, who had incredible musical composition. It's an extreme example but it wasn't a strawman.

A lot of rapping (good rap) takes a lot of knowledge in composition. Of course at this point I doubt you're going to really care and would rather just continue on with the hurr rap is dumb brigade.

Honestly it sounds kind of interesting, odd time signatures could make something cool.

Check it out

Dillinger Escape Plan

Dilli-

Dillinger Escape Plan

Dillinger Escape Plan

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Screamo. Can't stand it, don't actually understand it, either. :/

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

What I actually meant by that: Oh my [bleep] god, go headbutt a bullet you ignorant dope. I pray to god you get ebola, because you don't deserve life.

Is that all you can do when you look like an idiot in a conversation, call the guy you arguing nerdy or fat or something? 'Cause it's like all you do, and it's corny.

Anybody who needs to go to a video game website to brag about there real life is obviously lacking a real life in general. If you're so busy dating girls and playing sports, then fine, leave, nobody's asking you to post here. And you not the only athletic person on this board. I'm a JV basketball player and Varsity distance track runner at my high school. So your generalizations and stereotypes are null.