Solo Bandos Guide

toast647

Rahzam:

I guess you bring zammy d'hide just for kc and you bank it right after? If not that seems a pointless risk.

You kill the minis with soul split, I assume?

What's the invo for the yak? Just full of brews?

Why not a warrior ring? Or

No spec restores?

Any other special tactics? (like how many people on worlds)

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rahzam:

I guess you bring zammy d'hide just for kc and you bank it right after? If not that seems a pointless risk.

You kill the minis with soul split, I assume?

What's the invo for the yak? Just full of brews?

Why not a warrior ring? Or

No spec restores?

Any other special tactics? (like how many people on worlds)

Yes you bank zammy d'hide,

You flash soul split/protect on minis, so if you're killing the mage mini you put soul split on before you attack and mage protect on after so you don't take damage, you should always be 990 LP after killing all the minis or you're doing something wrong,

I could never bother doing bandos without yak, last thing I need is to be tanking for every crasher that comes through with tort, unless you mean uni only in which case you bring 2 overloads 7 rests + brews + other stuff,

Way I see it, the mage mini is going to be doing as much damage on you as the average graar's range attack per kill (it's half the max hit of graars range attack, hits more commonly, and hits a lot more times a kill than range) so the higher the mage def the better, which is why I suggest seers/dstone/onyx for their mage def,

Special restores are optional, they speed up kills and help against crashers but at the same time lower the amount of kills a trip by a good amount, and if you're like me who hates getting kc, rebanking, etc you want trips as long as possible,

Try to solo on worlds with less than 1k people so you have enough time to bone2peach bones, as long as you have time for that you're good

What am I doing wrong, I'm using t helm whip, k top, tassets, using bcp when I am on minions, but I can only get 14 kills a trip. I have 36 brews, 6 special restores, 5 super restores, and a unicorn when I'm out of yak. I am using defender however that doesn't make the 6-10 extra kills you get per trip. I am soul split flashing on the minions and never get healed less than 300 when overload runs out.

Does 86 mage suck for mage defense compared to 99?

What am I doing, I'm using t helm whip, k top, tassets, using bcp when I am on minions, but I can only get 14 kills a trip. I have 36 brews, 6 special restores, 5 super restores, and a unicorn when I'm out of yak. I am using defender however that doesn't make the 6-10 extra kills you get per trip. I am soul split flashing on the minions and never get healed less than 300 when overload runs out.

As Maz said, he doesnt use spec restore. That speeds up kills, but gives you less kills per trip.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

What am I doing wrong, I'm using t helm whip, k top, tassets, using bcp when I am on minions, but I can only get 14 kills a trip. I have 36 brews, 6 special restores, 5 super restores, and a unicorn when I'm out of yak. I am using defender however that doesn't make the 6-10 extra kills you get per trip. I am soul split flashing on the minions and never get healed less than 300 when overload runs out.

Are you using bone to peaches? In the 14 kills you did you could have gotten 24 extra HP from B2P each boss for a total of 336 extra hp which is 6 brews you missed out on + replacing the other 6 spec restores with another 6 brews which is 30% more than you had before, bringing you up to 18 kills (18.66 but you lose 1 spot for B2p tabs), dfs brings it up from there. Also timing overloads is probably the most important part, if you don't time overloads expect your trips to have 30% less kills/trip

Every 15 seconds overloads give +26 in att/str/def so if you need to brew you need to brew 1 time @ 2 seconds before intervals 0, 15, 30, 45, and 2 times @ 4 seconds before the intervals, in the case you get massively spammed range attacks you use a super rest to bring it up to 99 where the intervals will bring it back to 125

• 1 month later...

Nice guide! Gotten some tips out of them =]. Did about 100 solo kills and gotten a bandos chest a week ago.

I dont have access to a yak, what i will change soon, and with a tort i still get 13 kills ( with a chaotic longsword, dfs ). If i would summon a unicorn, i would lose 2 brews.

And i would need to store my 13 bones in my inventory with the loot. I have then max 4 brews left, and do you agree it is not worth summoning a uni?

Ps. if you get a 80 dungeoneering, get a chaotic longsword :P. A maul tried to crash me and failed bigtime =], while noone even dares to crash me with a chaotic long

Also my 13 kills was with tort, overloads and turmoil.

Thanks for the b2p tip, i really did not even though of using those. I wish you good luck at your items and get those tassets. A hilt is woth a bit less now :shock:

<< Mt Drakmord, to hugh to slay >>

Well, there IS a difference for sure.

As for the CLS v Maul comment, there could have been a lot of factors.

1. Bad spec weapon

2. Bad gear (ring? cape? maybe helm...)

3. No overloads/extremes

4. No turmoil

5. NOT USING ATTACK (accurate) STYLE <-- a LOT more important than you'd think, especially from my experience pking with it lol

Personally, I've found the maul to be REALLY good at bandos with normal pots. I actually do very well in sub-par gear with normal pots (vskirt, dhide top, dwarven helm, glory, dstone (i), fcape, bgloves, dboots... and I was using EE for spec cause I couldn't find anyone to lend a decent spec weapon lol)

Also, with the maul I can flick Soul Split on the boss, because maul hits at the same speed that bandos does. Maybe CLS is better for overloads? Idk. But I'm loving my maul and i'm not gonna have overloads/extremes for a long time unless I get hella lucky soon lol (recent death for 25m in pvp due to a world ddos doesn't help, but I have tons of that death ep left)

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

• 4 weeks later...

How many kills can I get a trip with 99-99-93 and 61 Prayer? I'll be using the Whip setup.

Thanks

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Just discovered something.

1. bandos ranged attack is actualy magic based, comfirmed by how he hit less on me wearing karils top/bottom and neitz, then he did on me wearing verac helm/skirt and dharok plate. plus his failed range does a splash animation.

second benefit is that it makes steelwill hit a bit less often too.

2. it is still uncomfirmed if his weakness is stab/slash/or crush. also if hes vulnerable to magic or not, if so then what element. finally noone seems to know if hes weak to range or not.

Just discovered something.

1. bandos ranged attack is actualy magic based, comfirmed by how he hit less on me wearing karils top/bottom and neitz, then he did on me wearing verac helm/skirt and dharok plate. plus his failed range does a splash animation.

second benefit is that it makes steelwill hit a bit less often too.

2. it is still uncomfirmed if his weakness is stab/slash/or crush. also if hes vulnerable to magic or not, if so then what element. finally noone seems to know if hes weak to range or not.

Try a trip with max magic defense

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I was

97 Attack

99 Strength

97 Defence

99 Hitpoints

90 Magic

95 Summoning (no Unicorn used, just Tortoise)

when I got my CLS and did a few Bandos solos

Extreme Attack and Strength and Super Defence and Turmoil

I tried once with monks; two kills

Gear:

Helm of Neitiznot

Fury

Fire Cape

CLS

BCP

R. Defender

Tassets

Gloves

Boots

Explorer's Ring 3

Probably since I didn't use Blessed Spirit Shield and a different Ring

Now I have Extreme Defences, I may try again

Also, for pro solos, Rapier is better than Longsword.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so i tryed 2 setups, one using max ranged defence and one using max mage defence. believe it or not the mage defence works much better.

i am 100% certain his ranged attack is magic-based since he hit 95% of the time on me wearing torags helm, body and legs. yet only around 40-60% against me wearing karils top and bottom and helm of neiznot. another back up proof is that his range attack makes a splash animation + sound when he misses.

btw my other gear was sw cape, fury, dragon boots, dragonstone ring (i), and barrow gloves. oh ya and i used whip + dfs.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone help me out a little , my stats are 99 attack , 99 strength , 99 defence , 99 hitpoints , 85 prayer , 99 mage , and 80 summoning . I have about 35m . Can someone tell me what gear i should use to solo Bandos . Thank you

Did you read the guide at all?