Solo Bandos Guide

toast647

Ok I've just tested the Zamorakian Spear to see if the Stab weakness could do any good. Long story short, it didn't. I made 5 trips, and couldn't get over 1 kill per trip with it (3 r2h's and ourgs paid for the food thankfully). Anybody else who thinks they know what they're doing please test it for yourselves before you take my word, but I think I'm going to close the door on utilising his apparent "stab" weakness.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I suggest bringing the Ancient Mace for those who cannot afford a Saradomin Godsword?

Not only would it offer Bandos protection, the spec causes a direct transfer of hit to prayer points. While it does not heal you, it CAN cause prayer points to go above your max, making it helpful while gaining KC, especially for those with low Prayer levels.

Example:

Bob has full prayer(let's say Bob is unlucky and has 50 prayer) and a full spec bar. He specs on a goblin for his last KC, hitting a 10. This boosts his prayer points up to 60 - rather useful, and extremely cheap at the same time.

It could also be used for speccing off of one of his minions, saving a dose of Prayer potion if staying for multiple kills.

Aside from this, I can't wait to get out there and kick Graardor's butt halfway across the dungeon. (Gotta train up first, though.... grr... :evil:)

a70c7.png

May I suggest bringing the Ancient Mace for those who cannot afford a Saradomin Godsword?

Not only would it offer Bandos protection, the spec causes a direct transfer of hit to prayer points. While it does not heal you, it CAN cause prayer points to go above your max, making it helpful while gaining KC, especially for those with low Prayer levels.

Example:

Bob has full prayer(let's say Bob is unlucky and has 50 prayer) and a full spec bar. He specs on a goblin for his last KC, hitting a 10. This boosts his prayer points up to 60 - rather useful, and extremely cheap at the same time.

It could also be used for speccing off of one of his minions, saving a dose of Prayer potion if staying for multiple kills.

Aside from this, I can't wait to get out there and kick Graardor's butt halfway across the dungeon. (Gotta train up first, though.... grr... :evil:)

I wouldn't recommend using it (as a special weapon).

1. Its very inaccurate

2. It uses up a full special bar

3. Your special bar is drained to 0 before you enter

4. Ogg pools make the special obsolete as well as the bandos protection.

Kill count takes 4 to 6 minutes if you know how to get it (damage all in combat [npc vs npc] bandos monsters then kill the normal goblins, rinse and repeat). Spec'ing the moment you get full special bar means you have no special for the fight either that or you wait for the bar to refill (why waste the time).

Again specing on the minions is a waste of special bar, why waste the special when you can use the altar?

If your low level and haven't done As a first resort then you shouldn't be trying to solo graa.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Epic guide. What special weapon should I use (stats in sig)?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Epic guide. What special weapon should I use (stats in sig)?

What weapons do you own?

I find BGS to be the ultimate special weapon for bandos personally (one decent spec and the whole kill is extremely easy and you get about 1 spec every other kill).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Well, I use whip and defender, with verac's skirt and helm, and dharok's plate, and get on average 2 kills per trip, with 35 rocktails in total. I just got a bandos chestplate, so I'm excited about that. Looks like I got a new chestplate to use for bandos :smile: Thanks for the awesome guide, maybe I'll improve to 3 kills per trip once herblore prices go down and I could use those extreme attack and strength potions.

Also, would using a godsword really be that much better than a whip? Or should I get a bandos godsword just for the inital spec?

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

• 2 weeks later...

my gear:

full verac w flail, fury, d boots, barrow gloves, rol, zamorak (prayer) cloak.

inventory: 1 tele tab. 1 super set. 2 prayer pot. a holy wrench. rest is shark (9 more inside my bull ant).

gradoor has EXTREMELY high ranged defence. (kinda obvious though). high crush defence. slightly weaker stab and slash defence. my only complain is that somehow magic dont work on him. (ffs his armour give negative bonus, with full ahrims and ice blitz i splashed 8/10 of the time). full verac set effect makes this MUCH easyer

anyway.

preparation: go to ooglog, take a dip in the hp, prayer, and infinity run pool. then take a dip in the bandos pool.

summon bull ant and put 9 sharks in there.

teleport to trollheim.

the snow should not both much because the pool counters the hp, prayer and run energy drains.

get kill count on goblin/hobgoblin. best attack those already in combat.

when reaching graador, turn on melee pro, piety and item pro. make the the flail is on SPIKE.

pretty straightfoward...

Been wondering this.. What's best godsword for soloing really? AGS for quicker kills in case you happen to hit good specs, SGS for healing ability or BGS for possible 1 easy kill per spec bar?

I'm aware that guide says SGS is best.. Just wondering if there are other opinions.

By the way, if you get goblin slayer task (lol) can you use black mask/slayer helm? I know Graardor is an Ourg but its race is counted as goblin according to tip.it bestiary.

Been wondering this.. What's best godsword for soloing really? AGS for quicker kills in case you happen to hit good specs, SGS for healing ability or BGS for possible 1 easy kill per spec bar?

I'm aware that guide says SGS is best.. Just wondering if there are other opinions.

By the way, if you get goblin slayer task (lol) can you use black mask/slayer helm? I know Graardor is an Ourg but its race is counted as goblin according to tip.it bestiary.

http://www.runeuniverse.us/tip.it/monster_examine/?view=624_General_Graardor

Doesn't say it is a slayer task (Thank you Jard and your examine guide)

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Well I'm getting around 3 kills a trip, every so often 2. Granted, this is only based on around 8 trips. 5 or 6 of those have been 3 kill trips, so I'm happy. I remember when I struggled to get one, because I was too cheap to use sharks or rocktails and to use a tortoise :-P I see so many other soloers just stand there and eat, and I find that to be their biggest mistake. Only because of this guide I'm able to squeeze another kill in, as I'm able to make him dance around long enough to eat up. Looks like the best set up for me is a godsword (bandos or saradomin seems best), extreme potions, and a tortoise, with sharks or better for food. Anyways, thanks for this awesome guide, really makes it simple and I've finally grown out of my 1 kill trip days :-)

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

It's probably been asked, but i cba going through 16 pages, how about brews?

When you step into him, that gives u enough opportunity to use brews/restores right?

Would give a boost to trips, going for 2/3 kills to 5+ possibly?

Nice guide overall, when I get att and def to 85 ima try it out :D

9/10

Why do we bake cookies, but cook bacon

99/99/80+ looking for monster hunting group

RS07: mb nb

When you step into him, that gives u enough opportunity to use brews/restores right?

9/10

Nope brews are terrible there.

To heal 20+ hp you have to take 2 sips, then 1 restore, then 1 super/extreme attack and finally 1 super/extreme strength.

You would end up drinking more then you could in combat with him.

The only possible way would be overload potions, but once you can use those you should be high enough level where your getting more then 3 kills per trip anyway.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

9/10

Nope brews are terrible there.

To heal 20+ hp you have to take 2 sips, then 1 restore, then 1 super/extreme attack and finally 1 super/extreme strength.

You would end up drinking more then you could in combat with him.

The only possible way would be overload potions, but once you can use those you should be high enough level where your getting more then 3 kills per trip anyway.

So if you have overload potions, you can use a full inventory of saradomin brews and get like 6+ kills per trip? Especially since extreme magic pots boost magic level, brews shouldn't lower the magic level like they did before the update. Is this possible then? Or is using brews with overloads still a bad idea? You sip potions without skipping an attack turn if timed right, so you could attack constantly if you time everything correctly. If what I'm thinking is correct, then I'm definitely going to get around 93 herblore so I could stew up to overloads. Over double the amount of kills per trip seems like a really good opportunity, and your stats won't decrease either, so you'll have your maximum potential at all time.

So is this really possible? Or am I just dreaming/overestimating the overload potions true effect?

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

It would work, overload (as far as I'm aware) will auto boost your skill back up to the max bonus after a few seconds. Ie you drink 5 brews, your stats drain then shoot back up, kind of like the unlimited run ability from the oog pools.

Thinking about it unicorn or steel titan + overloads and a few scrolls would lead to either numerous kills or extremely fast ones.

You'd have to take some prayer or super restores and time your eating right with the reset of the boosts.

Like I mentioned I've not tried overload potions (only 64 herblore) so I'm not 100% sure, but from what people who have used overload have mentioned your statement is pretty much true. Overload + prayer/super restores + sara brews + unicorn/steel titan = large number of solo kills.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

It would work, overload (as far as I'm aware) will auto boost your skill back up to the max bonus after a few seconds. Ie you drink 5 brews, your stats drain then shoot back up, kind of like the unlimited run ability from the oog pools.

Thinking about it unicorn or steel titan + overloads and a few scrolls would lead to either numerous kills or extremely fast ones.

You'd have to take some prayer or super restores and time your eating right with the reset of the boosts.

Like I mentioned I've not tried overload potions (only 64 herblore) so I'm not 100% sure, but from what people who have used overload have mentioned your statement is pretty much true. Overload + prayer/super restores + sara brews + unicorn/steel titan = large number of solo kills.

Probably super prayer potions would be the best idea to use with overloads.

Steel titan doesn't really do anything to speed up kills; graardor's defence is too high and 3/4 of the time it wants to attack the minions.

Yes, overload's are awesome, but I haven't tested enough to be sure if the occasional 15 seconds of unpotted stats is worth it (1 dose is restored within a few seconds, but with multiple doses it takes a bit longer to get back to full).

I think I might go for a 15 kill trip sometime. Divine + statius warhammer + yak + unicorn + overloads + purple sweets.

Also, worst guide ever. Toast is a lamehead.

Well my stats are 75 att 75 str and 99 def , 81 range, i went there soloed one, and then had to tele out.

but good guide.

goin to try soon again if i get higher range :)

thx,

2hpir81.png

IGN : D E F Mastah

IRC : #lordBUG

G&A : coming soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...