What items are sold with junk?

erichkiller

Just look around the official forums and you'll see various junk trades.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Okay i've never done it, but i know the idea of how to. I'll tell explain in story.

Bob has a Dark Bow and wants to sell for 1 mil although the market price is at 1.5-1.6mil. Of course not alot of people buy at that price, and Bob needs the cash. Jill agrees to a junk trade, where she gives about 500k worth of junk to Bob along with 1mil. This JUNK could be anything that no one buys but is worth some doe (PERFECT EXAMPLE: Unstrung willow/maple bows). Bob gets 1mil and the junk, which he banks if he needs it again, or just sells to general store for a few extra gp. Jill gets a dark bow for 1mil. They're both happy. Bob gets shot :shock: and Jill quits rs and they both aren't happy anymore :oops: . The end. :?

No Bob's or Jills were harmed in the making of this example. =D> =D> =D> \' \' \'

Yeah...its just that simple. The best items I've heard are low level unstungs, because they are like 100+ gp in a trade, but are worth nothing because its to expensive to string or alch. You could also try javelins or something else you just get in drops but no one uses because they are overpowered by a cheaper, yet more efficient item. Javelins ftl #-o

[hide=Um, newb4lyfe7's post...]

Okay i've never done it, but i know the idea of how to. I'll tell explain in story.

Bob has a Dark Bow and wants to sell for 1 mil although the market price is at 1.5-1.6mil. Of course not alot of people buy at that price, and Bob needs the cash. Jill agrees to a junk trade, where she gives about 500k worth of junk to Bob along with 1mil. This JUNK could be anything that no one buys but is worth some doe (PERFECT EXAMPLE: Unstrung willow/maple bows). Bob gets 1mil and the junk, which he banks if he needs it again, or just sells to general store for a few extra gp. Jill gets a dark bow for 1mil. They're both happy. Bob gets shot :shock: and Jill quits rs and they both aren't happy anymore :oops: . The end. :?

No Bob's or Jills were harmed in the making of this example. =D> =D> =D> \' \' \'

Yeah...its just that simple. The best items I've heard are low level unstungs, because they are like 100+ gp in a trade, but are worth nothing because its to expensive to string or alch. You could also try javelins or something else you just get in drops but no one uses because they are overpowered by a cheaper, yet more efficient item. Javelins ftl #-o

[/hide]

Yea...you got the wrong idea.... :wall:

Great, now i have to explain it...I have used this same senario for tons of people, and they have gotten it right off the bat.

Lets say you want to summon, shards are 25 each in every store. A lot of people however, buy too many and don't want to summon anymore, so they post on the forums that they are selling their shards for 21 each. Now, you want to buy shards for 21 each instead of 25, because you need 10000 of them and it'll save you a ton of cash. Now, your thinking how? Shards sell 25 each to other people too, its not like he could change the price.

Heres how it works.

You get:

10000 shards

Seller gets:

40k worth of junk

P.S. the reason newb's post is wrong, is because no item is worth under its grand exchange price, otherwise, the price would dramatically drop because no one wants it and everyone wants to sell it.

Junk trading is when your item is worth more than the grand exchange price, since sometimes jagex isn't the quickest to get prices fixed. For example, 3rd age armor.... Street price, people are willing to pay 70 million gp for a single kite because it's so hard to get. On the grand exchange however, its only a measly 40 million gp, so if you get a 3rd age kiteshield, start collecting or making 30 million gp worth of junk.

valid as of today:

all canes

all animal masks

top hat(?)

all third age armor

leaf bladed sword

Rarely:

ring of stone

top hat

str ammy (t)

zamorak dhide top and bottom

------------------------------------

theres still more but thats all i know. hope i helped

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

sorry, but your "story/example" was totally off :roll:

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

[/hide]

Great, now i have to explain it...I have used this same senario for tons of people, and they have gotten it right off the bat.

Lets say you want to summon, shards are 25 each in every store. A lot of people however, buy too many and don't want to summon anymore, so they post on the forums that they are selling their shards for 21 each. Now, you want to buy shards for 21 each instead of 25, because you need 10000 of them and it'll save you a ton of cash. Now, your thinking how? Shards sell 25 each to other people too, its not like he could change the price.

Heres how it works.

You get:

10000 shards

Seller gets:

40k worth of junk

P.S. the reason newb's post is wrong, is because no item is worth under its grand exchange price, otherwise, the price would dramatically drop because no one wants it and everyone wants to sell it.

Junk trading is when your item is worth more than the grand exchange price, since sometimes jagex isn't the quickest to get prices fixed. For example, 3rd age armor.... Street price, people are willing to pay 70 million gp for a single kite because it's so hard to get. On the grand exchange however, its only a measly 40 million gp, so if you get a 3rd age kiteshield, start collecting or making 30 million gp worth of junk.

not to sound like a jerk or anything, but in your example your seller was selling under the market value, but you said nothing is worth under its grand exchange price :P

sheep mask *cries*

p.s. lots of items are worth less than their GE price, take phats, gold bars etc.

If you wanna buy them it's easy enough, but you'll have to overpay on what theyre worth, otherwise add junk. Say a blue phat is 500m, but theyre worth 400. You can pay 400m and 100m of junk. Junk trading works both ways thanks to idiotic price floors.

I'm kinda confused with junk trading. I've never done it ; but I do understand the concept.

What I don't understand, however, is the point in making 30m worth of junk, just so you can sell a 3rd age kite for 70m rather than 40m. You're essentially creating extra 30m of cash, just nobody wants to buy it from you. Why not sell the kite and make 30m anyway? You'd still end up with the same net result but without having to chop maples and cut them into unstrungs.

I can understand buying 30m worth of junk, because it means you have the resources to sell a high value item for even more via street trades. But surely only someone with 30m spare would actually buy the junk to resell in a street trade, in which case they're unlikely to need the money anyway...

Duckie_Wins.png

sorry, but your "story/example" was totally off :roll:

eh no his example is hit the nail right on the head...or at least somewhere close...junk is used to pay for an overvalued item in the game so as to bring the trade value of the item down to the equilibrium point where supply cuts demand. this includes all the useless stuff which people get to gain exp such as worthless potions (serum from ashes) gold bars/rings/jewelry such as ruby bracelet and unstrung low lvl bows like he said...basically the waste products which can't sell from training skills...javelins are a fairly good junk item too =)

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

[/hide]

Heres how it works.

You get:

10000 shards

Seller gets:

40k worth of junk

dude...junk trading isn't made only when an item is worth MORE than the GE price but also when it is worth LESS...basically when the value of an item is not correctly reflected by the GE...

a very good example of an item which is junk traded and worth LESS than the ge price is partyhats...go to the discontinued items forum in rsof and you will see lots of people selling their phats and saying "accepting junk"...so your concept is off...

junk trading works BOTH WAYS as long as the market value of an item is not correctly reflected by the GE...if it was worth LESS than the ge price, the BUYER offers junk to LOWER the trade value of the item but if it was worth MORE than the ge price, the SELLER offers junk to BOOST the trade value of the item. simple and sweet.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

So if i want to buy bandos gds, should i expect to pay more for it cause ppl are gonna have to sell some useless junk with it? And btw half of ur responses had nothign to do with my original question whcih was about wat items are sold along with junk. And for toxicduck, making junk allows u to train fletch adn some other skills for less cause u can sell the finished products for ge prices whcih are higher than the general store prices.

teh_gauss.png

k ty guy posting before me cause no one acutally answered my original question b4 u. so bandos is widely available now and price is acutally too high?

teh_gauss.png

Rares, TT itens and high prices itens, like GS :D

godswords aren't hard to buy. infact, people are trying to sell them below the ge price.

3rd age equipment. (except vambs and coifs)

blk canes.

TT masks.

dragon full helm.