Is there a way to get Full Screen windowed?

XxTearGodxX

They made fullscreen like this for a reason. this is why I'll probably use the 800x600 HD version when F2P gets it.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

This very moment I am not playing in full screen due to the hassle it causes for already said reasons in this thread. Its already proven they just generally dont think what the players want. They dont understand many people cant really use it even if they want to, even though it has uber cool nub pawning graphiz or whatever.

Nice graphics jagex but I rarely use them while it keeps taking me out. Its a shame all your hard work goes to waste in 8/10 of my gameplay unless you figure out a solution.

There 'reason' needs to be thought about and changed so it works.

The thing is.. Full screen is unique in its style. I wouldnt be as' bothered if it was as fancy in the smaller version but it isnt. I cant enjoy the game to its full protential. This is a 'browser' game and I wish, like it or not, to browse or multi task while I play. (That includes! Using a calculator on the pc which is FOR gameplay but considered multi tasking. Talking to people on msn because your ingame is rather lacking.) While maintaining attention to the game... Thats one of the reason I play. Remember what the players want.. Since I cannot do this I simply cannot use full screen which is a real shame. Alot hard work goes to waste for many players I reckon who just wont bother after a couple of weeks, unless possibly its more intense gameplay or such. Its a real waste for the rest of the time we play though.

This very moment I am not playing in full screen due to the hassle it causes for already said reasons in this thread. Its already proven they just generally dont think what the players want. They dont understand many people cant really use it even if they want to, even though it has uber cool nub pawning graphiz or whatever.

Nice graphics jagex but I rarely use them while it keeps taking me out. Its a shame all your hard work goes to waste in 8/10 of my gameplay unless you figure out a solution.

The thing is.. Full screen is unique in its style. I wouldnt be as' bothered if it was as fancy in the smaller version but it isnt. I cant enjoy the game to its full protential. This is a 'browser' game and I wish, like it or not, to browse or multi task while I play. (That includes! Using a calculator on the pc which is FOR gameplay but considered multi tasking. Talking to people on msn because your ingame is rather lacking.) While maintaining attention to the game... Thats one of the reason I play. Remember what the players want.. Since I cannot do this I simply cannot use full screen which is a real shame. Alot hard work goes to waste for many players I reckon who just wont bother after a couple of weeks, unless possibly its more intense gameplay or such. Its a real waste for the rest of the time we play though.

Well i find myself enjoying both versions.. its easy to switch.. when i want to be on forums when doing some basic training i go to windowed..

when fighting or doing screenshots.. i go fullscreen..

but there should be something bigger but not fs.. I think they reason they don't do it is because it has to open a new window which woudl confuse people

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

I now play RS fullesrceen but windowed by using a virtual system! Very easy to setup and not against Jagex rules... because I am still actually playing the game on a Windows XP (virtual) and over firefox. I just set the resolution for the entire desktop to be 800x600 :) Works like a charm people

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

If you want to multitask, then play regular.

In other words, un-fullscreenize it, do what you need to do, and then re-fullscreenize it. Not the best way.

Or you could just get another screen -.-

Or you could just get another screen -.-

If you're suggesting a dual monitor setup, that won't work. RS restores out of fullscreen mode whenever it loses focus, that includes clicking anything on another monitor.

I now play RS fullesrceen but windowed by using a virtual system! Very easy to setup and not against Jagex rules... because I am still actually playing the game on a Windows XP (virtual) and over firefox. I just set the resolution for the entire desktop to be 800x600 :) Works like a charm people

Sounds like the only way this'll work. :P It's a shame my computer isn't decent enough to do that. Does it lag at all?

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Sounds like the only way this'll work. :P It's a shame my computer isn't decent enough to do that. Does it lag at all?

Doesn't lag for me, no... But then again it shouldn't with 4GB ram. Virtual machines normally tend to work well on anything 2GB+.

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

Make that 3!

Doesn't lag for me, no... But then again it shouldn't with 4GB ram. Virtual machines normally tend to work well on anything 2GB+.

1.8GHz processor with 1.25GB of RAM. I'm in such dire need of a new PC. :(

When I get around to getting a decent PC I'll give this a whirl, though. :P

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Alright, so I've been looking into this topic, and a Virtual PC seemed like the best option, until I ran into a problem.

The Virtual PC runs well on my computer 'n all, the only problem is it's graphic card isn't able to run Runescape-HD.

When I attempt to play it on my VPC I get an error at the following URL http://world99.runescape.com/error_game_caps.ws

I checked my VPC's graphics card using the dxdiag method, and I found the graphics card there. Apparently it's a VM Additions S3 Trio32/64.

Anyway, it's not good enough to run RSHD.

My virtual machine is the freeware 'Microsoft Virtual PC 2007', and since I don't want to pay $50+ dollars to get Parallels/VMware,

I'm wondering if there's any way of installing a better graphics card on the virtual machine?

If not, I'm pretty sure virtual machines aren't the best idea. :wall:

If anyone has a Virtual PC that does allow you to play in RSHD, I (And the rest of the community) would really appreciate it if you shared the name of it.

And besides, I'd give you free cookies. <3:

there should have been a higher res window mode available, gonna suggest it for when they beta ends

Yes. There is no way I am playing full screen I have limited time online (hey, high levels *do* have a life) so I always combine chat, dl'ing and RS. I would *never* do just RS.

I used to do that when pking was good, years and years ago in RSC but now it's mostly skilling and I refuse to do nothing but stare at my screen while my char is fishing.

I don't believe you can. And since RuneScape is browser-based, there isn't really anything you can mess with like most other online games.

If it did become windowed mode, that would be awesome! My computer just loves to run on windows mode.

Less lag! :thumbsup:

The day that HD was released I was talking with Paul on rs, and my main concern was windowed fullscreen(FS), since if you have 2 or more screens it gets anoying to get kicked out of FS if you do anything on the other screen(s). He replied that they have the same problem at Jagex office since most have dual screen. I mentionned opening the game in a new window that can use the -window(OpenGL code) to force a windowed FS. I didnt get a clear reply to the comment... So ya hopping they are thinking of something to fix this.

sggyhj8.png

RuneScape HD in 2560x1024!

I know the answer and, because I cannot convey screaming feverishly on forums without looking odd or getting banned, just imagine it as such.

Woah, it is a beta, not a full blown unchangable update. They are looking for suggestions and improvements. Start criticising them when they stop the beta testing and haven't fixed it yet.

Besides, I use Skype to communicate with others instead of clunky typing messengers (No unfocusing ftw).

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I guess I'll just have to wait until the Beta ends then. My friend who I was talking to a few days ago asked what I was doing I explained to her trying to get RS Full Screen in a window to not cover my start bar.

She told me oh? Try 800 x 600 I think that's the smallest setting not sure if she's on it but she said it wasn't covering her start menu. But who knows maybe she had it in the regular screen and not full.

xxteargodxx.png

After playing full screen alot, I find it hard to use the normall size. My monitor is native to 1280x800, which aside from being a widescreen is rather large for a little window that is a set pixel width (I know there are people who have it much worse with largeer native resolution). Since I cant anti-alias in normall, shrinking is not an option (unless I want to sit 6ft away from my screen), so I find it stressful for my eyes to try and see details in normall.

About the virtual machine. Does it use your OS or does it come with one (because running 2 vistas would probably not work on 2GB of RAM)? And I doubt its against the ruels. They said modified client, and your not modifying it. You just running it on a computer than only exists in your physical computers RAM and Hard Drive.

Jagex could do it if they wanted. Someone already mentioned Blizzard. Diablo II can be run windowed and I figure there other games can be too.

There's no reason why a virtual machine would be against the rules.

The graphics may be a problem. Last time I tried using a virtual machine the guest OS was unable to use the host OS's graphics card. I think VMWare have advanced in this since I last used it though. Maybe it's something to look at if anyone is that bothered. It seems a little too much hassle though for me, but I would really like a windowed fullscreen RuneScape.

Woah, it is a beta, not a full blown unchangable update. They are looking for suggestions and improvements. Start criticising them when they stop the beta testing and haven't fixed it yet.

Besides, I use Skype to communicate with others instead of clunky typing messengers (No unfocusing ftw).

OMG! WOOOAAH!!

I guess my membership fee means I must kiss their [wagon] while I give suggestions. ..Or maybe not. No, I gave a suggestion with a very placid written out post. I advice you dont be so free to flame and kiss a companies [wagon]. Even if you dont pay your parents do..

About the virtual machine. Does it use your OS or does it come with one (because running 2 vistas would probably not work on 2GB of RAM)? And I doubt its against the ruels. They said modified client, and your not modifying it. You just running it on a computer than only exists in your physical computers RAM and Hard Drive.

Sun Microsystems, Inc VirtualBox[/url]":gfsmqtnq]Note: Choose this setting carefully! The memory you give to the VM will

not be available to your host OS while the VM is running, so do not specify

more than you can spare. For example, if your host machine has 1 GB of

RAM and you enter 512 MB as the amount of RAM for a particular virtual

machine, while that VM is running, you will only have 512 MB left for all the

other software on your host. If you run two VMs at the same time, even more

memory will be allocated for the second VM (which may not even be able to

start if that memory is not available). On the other hand, you should specify

as much as your guest OS (and your applications) will require to run properly

If you want to legally run two versions of vista you need two licenses.

[quote="VARN"

If you want to legally run two versions of vista you need two licenses.

Yes. For those not wanting to break the law then you could VM a Ubuntu OS (which is free -There are others but that popped in my head) and solely use for RS or whatever you desire.

I mean, unless you know how to set this up/already have a chosen method of OS to install for VM, then I recommend you wait until beta is over, for all we know they might listen to our suggestions and make a windowed version.

acantha.gif

Make that 3!