Suggestions to make RuneScape a little more realistic.

THESE SUGGESTIONS ARE FOR FTP AND PTP

[hide=Tornadoes]Tornadoes will only occur during a thunderstorm, but the chance of them happening is slim. When a tornado occurs, you must find cover immediately e.g. A basement, a sturdy room, or duck and cover! If you don't find cover, you'll get swept up by the tornado and after the tornado is over (30-120secs), you'll find yourself in a different location than you where before with a message in the chatbox that reads "You find yourself in *location*, you were swept there by the tornado.[/hide][hide=Rain/T. Storms]During a rain/t. storm, fires/torches will go extinguish, puddles will appear in various places (You can splash in them! \' ), and during a t.storm, tornadoes may happen.[/hide][hide=Wind]With wind, trees and signs will sway around depending on the power of the wind.[/hide]

[hide=Checking into hotels]I think you should be able to check into the hotel in Varrock and you can get a room, go to bed, sleep, sit and relax, or whatever. However, it will cost you money to check into the hotel (Maybe 50-300gp) Think of it as a little POH.[/hide]

Disclaimer-JaGeX has all rights to change/modify/not use this suggestion if JaGeX uses this suggestion, they do not have to give credit to me.

You may turn off the weather via the options menu in-game.

I would support different types of weather, as long as it was just a little detail, not a huge thing that would slow the game down, but I don't think too many people would go for the tornadoes, me included, its just another random event to get in your way. Also, with the hotel idea, maybe it heals some health, refills yours stats or something like that.

"Nothing in life is permanent, not even our troubles."-Charlie Chaplin.

userbarunorbv1.png

No, runescape is a game, not real life.

So? A little authenticity never hurt. Oblivion anyone?

I support.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

I support; but not because I want it to be like real life.

I do not support the tornado because that would be just inconveient.

But the thunder storms, and wind would be really cool effects

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)

Make Runescape a little more realistic? While you're at it, why not remove all the demons/ghosts/dragons/kalphites/etc...

Realistic in worldy terms. Is that your argument for HD? "We dont need light, its a game, want it more realistic? Blah blah blah"

I think the rain and wind would be nice. Tornadoes? Nope.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

JaGEx already tried sleeping in RSC i.e. fatigue. It was realistic, your character had to sleep between training. Was it fun? No. Did it add to the value of the game? No. It was removed with RS2 for a reason. Realism isn't always the best....

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Like Day/Night it's a nice suggestion but it's not going to happen.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

JaGEx already tried sleeping in RSC i.e. fatigue. It was realistic, your character had to sleep between training. Was it fun? No. Did it add to the value of the game? No. It was removed with RS2 for a reason. Realism isn't always the best....

Yes, I know that because I played Classic. But, my idea is that sleeping will heal your hitpoints/run energy faster.