What are we stil waiting for? Why?

Gravy

I think i read a long time ago about the person making the plague city storyline quit at jagex soo the story was never finished...

Yup, I remember reading this too. Though this really shouldn't hinder them.

Developer: Paul Gower

Really?

Anyway, I thought that was a different quest series...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were waiting for player owned stores aswell, I guess the Ge kinda ruined them. I don't fully understand why jagex say they will give us so many things, then we don't see any of them. :?

*EDIT* someone beat me to it.

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

Really?

Anyway, I thought that was a different quest series...

Perhaps it was, my bad.

Don't worry about my first question, was just familiarising terms.

Any news on why the forum post was removed? That seems a tad pointless. :\

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Don't forget Kudos Isle nest month will be a year since they promised it. There are a few reasons why they aren't releasing these updates. One, the people working on the ideas quit so they put them back further in the things to do pile. Two, they have better things to do right now. Or three, they forgot. Most likely 1 or 2 since Jagex isn't as stupid as most players view them as.

"Randomly generated scenarios, where a new adventure is generated for you and your friends each time you go on it. Form an adventuring party and go on your own personal quest. "

That's what I'm waiting for - have been for over 4 years.

It is not in the game in any way shape or form. I believe in one of the state of plays they said that it's still coming.

"Randomly generated scenarios, where a new adventure is generated for you and your friends each time you go on it. Form an adventuring party and go on your own personal quest. "

I'm thinking that's ended up being tremple trekking.

2480+ total

No it is not - they stated it's not.

"where a new adventure is generated for you and your friends each time you go on it. Form an adventuring party and go on your own personal quest." It ignores that entire part of the statement... Nor is it Barbarian Assault.

I'm still thinking that the whole GE trap door isn't alluding to anything... but then again we probably would have heard a Jmod say so in order to save us the time of speculating over nothing.

What I'm very anxious for is the continuation of the Temple Knights series, and the arrival of Kudos Island (it doesn't take that long to build a boat!). What I'm sure everyone would love is if they started developing 'The East'. I want to leave this land and explore something new... NO KNOWLEDGE BASE GUIDES. :P

picture7eo0.png

I think i read a long time ago about the person making the plague city storyline quit at jagex soo the story was never finished...

i also remember reading something along the lines of that several years ago (?)

Dylan C and Graham B were the two developers of ME..

i have been searching around and cannot figure out which one of them quit :'/

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I'm still thinking that the whole GE trap door isn't alluding to anything... but then again we probably would have heard a Jmod say so in order to save us the time of speculating over nothing.

What I'm very anxious for is the continuation of the Temple Knights series, and the arrival of Kudos Island (it doesn't take that long to build a boat!). What I'm sure everyone would love is if they started developing 'The East'. I want to leave this land and explore something new... NO KNOWLEDGE BASE GUIDES. :P

The next update will move the Tutorial from Tutorial Island to a quarantined Lumbridge, where a three-headed dragon will be terrorising people and generally being a nuisance. Luckily for the citizens, a passing White Knight, Sir Vant, will be on hand to hold back the beast.Far from being able to handle the situation on his own, he'll be after a willing adventurer to keep him supplied and do a spot of fighting.

I think this might be the continuation to the Temple Knight series?

16185_s.gif

The next update will move the Tutorial from Tutorial Island to a quarantined Lumbridge, where a three-headed dragon will be terrorising people and generally being a nuisance. Luckily for the citizens, a passing White Knight, Sir Vant, will be on hand to hold back the beast.Far from being able to handle the situation on his own, he'll be after a willing adventurer to keep him supplied and do a spot of fighting.

I think this might be the continuation to the Temple Knight series?

Yes, a continuation of a quest that is the first thing a new player does, and that you need a new account to do.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

That's what I'm waiting for - have been for over 4 years.

It is not in the game in any way shape or form. I believe in one of the state of plays they said that it's still coming.

That is I am waiting for as well! After reading that BTS from so long ago, I really want that soon. Even if it was just like Temple Trekking except you have to fight a couple strong monsters on each map would be cool.

Quality posting at its finest.

No it is not - they stated it's not.

"where a new adventure is generated for you and your friends each time you go on it. Form an adventuring party and go on your own personal quest." It ignores that entire part of the statement... Nor is it Barbarian Assault.

Is it my turn to state something obvious? That's why I said ended up being, they could have decided to drop that idea and settle with something more modest.

2480+ total

That link you give to mammoths is very interesting. And some of the new things they were going to release only came out in 06. I think that the snowy area has already been added, the snowy hunting area and the penguin quest thing, with the exception of mammoths. They did keep their word about everything else. Imo, it deserves to be removed.

Well although this huge icy area could be godwars and the mammoths were scrapped, you forgot to add to the list "Updated Skill Capes".

After Jagex changed the icons for the skills, they said they'd get round to updating the skill capes to match.

Thanks darkdude, that's amazing how it's been so long. I understand quitting's delay the progress, but four years? That's a bit too slow progress, isn't it?

As for Skill Capes, thanks, I'll add that in!

I still don't feel we've had the real icy area, unless anyone can provide conclusive proof?

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Customer Service.

Seriously, slapped me with a 2 day mute today, (which when you consider it was along with '6 offences' isnt really that bad...untill you actually look at the pitiful excuse for the evidence) and along with all these offences I am starting to notice a trait or two.

I think that they shouldnt have set words = offences on a players account when someone reports them. (thats if I was even reported, the reporting system could be autoed by jagex as well, just hit a keyword or phrase or near one a more then 1 time in a day and boom your out of luck.)

O well, maybe at the rate I am going (If I dont get banned first) I will be able to write a guide on how to avoid offences, by avoiding saying the trigger phrases that activate their systems to do what they generally fail at doing.

---

Other then that, the list seems to hit the most notable ones on the head. The Randomly generated stuff would have been one of the biggest and best updates to this game if you ask me, which then again may be the reason that It never came long. They may have just over stepped their bounds by jumping out there and saying they could do something along those lines when infact they knew they couldnt. :roll:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

This is borderline questionnaire, though I feel it will warrant some detailed explainations into why certain things are taking so long.

Now, I've noticed that there are multiple items that we are still waiting for, for example, our guarenteed summoning familiar. First off, can we, together, compile a list of everything that hasn't been brought into the game yet. Can we also discuss why they haven't?

Waiting for;

(This list was originally compiled 4 weeks ago as of the original post)

Familiar: Phoenix

Item Lending: -> Behind the Scenes

Information on the Random Removal [Weak Forum Post]

Clan Wars changing [Weak Forum Post]

PVP Mini Game

Mammoths and a huge Icy area! ( http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=208 ) [Credit to Veryon 27 for this huge fact from '04!]

Randomly generated scenarios, where a new adventure is generated for you and your friends each time you go on it. Form an adventuring party and go on your own personal quest. [ Thanks Darkdude98 for this one, 4 years waiting and nothing! ]

Updated Skill Cape icons

Weak Points

Mithril Door & GWD Door

Armadyl Staff information?

GE Trapdoor

Quest Sequels

I understand that at the current moment, Jagex may be too busy with their new graphics bugs, but surely they have a team of members who sort these problems out? Some are well overdue.

I'm sure there's more. For now, I'd like to see some opinions on this, please post c/c and improvements to this post. I realise this is very opinionated and would like to see how it comes out. Thanks.

Reading the page of that link jagex not only said mammoths but also summoning spells.... read....

"New features & skills

# Treasure hunt mini-game with a variety of rewards, including some new rare items.

# Summoning spells - summon skeletons, demons, etc...!

# A quest journal for you to read and recap what point you are up to in each quest. No more coming back to a quest after a break, and wondering what you are supposed to do next.

# More random events, to give more variety, and lots of chances to win unexpected rewards.

# More pets and followers with different properties and abilities.

# Special organised game events on holidays.

# Many new monsters such as Orcs, Lizardmen and more.

# In game versions of our boardgames such as chess and draughts"

Quote, Jagex, http://news.runescape.com/newsitem.ws?id=208.

Summoning spells? Don't have those yet, and more pets and followers with different abilities, sounds like summoning which was released 4 years later... :shock:

patr1ckotg1.png

Initially, I'd disregarded that due to Summoning only just being released. But on second thoughts; you've made me feel it deserves to be flagged. Thank you.

You were right to disregard it. We got summoning. They turned it into a whole skill when it was initially supposed to be a part of Magic. They had Life Runes and such but that all got canceled in favor of it being a bigger and better individual skill. This was all in the summoning development diaries...

What I'm the most disappointed in is the fact that our old skills need some serious love and attention. They keep adding new skills and all this new content without adding anything on to the existing skills. The highest herblore creation is super poison at a low level of 82..Crafting stops at 90 with the fury amulet. Does Jagex realize that even the HALFWAY point to 99 is level 92? We need higher level content...

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON