bandos or barrows?

Which armour do you thing is overall better? im going to use slash as the def as its the most used attack style

NOTE: just assume ur using a 2h as the shield would be the same anyways.

Bandos Armour

Chestplate- def+ 93 str+ 4

Tassets- def+ 63 str+ 2

Helm of nietiznot-def+ 29 str+ 3

Barrows Armour

Body- def+ 120 str+ 0

Legs- def+ 82 str+ 0

Helm-def+ 58 str+ 0

So the question basically comes down to this...

+75 def or + 9 str ?

If im not mistaken for ever 4 str lvls you max increases by 1 so bandos armour would only increase you max by 2.3 but you lose 75 def

Cost really shouldnt be a factor but barrows is 1m-2.4m(for best def torags or a mixed set with same def) on the other hand bandos is around 26m

So which do you think to be better?

imo id go with barrows :)

Gangstrmage.png

I have bandos plate and personally love the look of the armor. If you're going for long term training id get barrows simply cause of better defence. If you want ot p2p, bandos's str bonus could really help and it just plain looks awsome.

teh_gauss.png

True barrows has better defence, and you may think, "Hey, it's cheaper than bandos and more defence", well eventually all those repair costs add up, i prefer my bandos armour for the fact i hit more, and the fact i don't need to repair it.

I'm at Karamja ranging lessers... if I don't kill him in time people run underneath my foe and steel my arrows. Why! Have some decency and let me finish off the monster and get my arrows that I earned you PIG! Otherwise i have to run out to grab my arrows, get hit, and go back.. and guess what!, by then they stole my lesser! BASTARD!

100% P2P

True barrows has better defence, and you may think, "Hey, it's cheaper than bandos and more defence", well eventually all those repair costs add up, i prefer my bandos armour for the fact i hit more, and the fact i don't need to repair it.

Not really, you only need to spend about 100k or so every 12 hours, less if you have an armour repair stand. It would take ages of combat before the repairing costs would reach the price of a Bandos plate.

Air_Dragon15.png

Barrows

Would be nice if they introduced something in the game in which you can get barrows that don't get damaged.

2480+ total

Barrows

Would be nice if they introduced something in the game in which you can get barrows that don't get damaged.

It's called 3rd age :lol:

But it is about -30 or so defense bonuses compared to barrows, if i am not mistaken. Not too bad for no repair costs.

To the author: I advise barrows.

newsigac5.png

Though you have to take in the cost of repairs. Sure 50k now and then doesn't see like much, but in total it adds up pretty high.

Also there is the factor of where your using the armor. At places such as godwars or Dk-ing you need the item with highest stats. Then there people who slay for hours on end, and for them bandos\3rd age is a godsend.

randomkcopyq.png

Barrows

It's called 3rd age :lol:

But it is about -30 or so defense bonuses compared to barrows, if i am not mistaken. Not too bad for no repair costs.

3rd age is horrible armour to train with. It is a liability, not an asset, you cannot make any mistakes otherwise you lose millions. If with barrows it would take a long time to equal bandos' cost, with 3rd age forget it. If somebody wants expensive training armour, bandos is the way to go with +6 str and +2 prayer. 3rd age is for looks, and safe minigames.

Though you have to take in the cost of repairs. Sure 50k now and then doesn't see like much, but in total it adds up pretty high.

It takes 15 hours to reach 0 on barrows, you largely make the money back from all the monsters you've killed.

Also there is the factor of where your using the armor. At places such as godwars or Dk-ing you need the item with highest stats.

Barrows has the highest defence stats. +6 strength is cute, but it doesn't do much at all. If you die with barrows you don't lose much, but losing bandos is another story.

Then there people who slay for hours on end, and for them bandos\3rd age is a godsend.

I'm curious how somebody can slay for 15 hours without having to bank/pray at house or take a pause at all. It takes 2 minutes to repair barrows, that's hardly a factor.

2480+ total

Barrows may have higher defence stats, but I use my bandos far more often when training. I'm 99 def and bunyip keeps my hp high enough when wearing bandos. For me it doesn't really make a difference, for lower lvl people it probably does.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

I like barrows, specially guthans for slay tasks (but then again I'm 'old-skool-low-lvl-summoning' :oops: ) and the others for their def bonusses.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

I prefer Barrows. Specifically Guthan's. The healing it provides me while I'm slaying is absolutely invaluable, and I can't keep up using a bunyip. I don't have a high enough defense level for that, and the healing Guthan's provides is so unbelievably useful in certain places, such as dagannoths, to name the best.

And anyways, 9 strength bonus is damn near useless anyways, isn't it, I mean, sure two extra hits looks nicer, but honestly, when you're already hitting 25s regularly, it's not that much to hit the odd 27 instead. The defense that you get from any barrows armour is still more worthwhile than the extra nine strength. Any day, I'd take that extra defense. For higher levels it may be more of a non-issue, for sure, but the majority of players aren't high-leveled. So for the majority of players, any barrows armour is better, and Guthan's takes the cake. That's just the way it is.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

The only reason I use Bandos armour is because it doesn't degrade. If Torag's didn't, I would use it.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I use bandos and love it... Few things, to me the cost dont bother me but i guess that depends whats in your bank. Its not somthing you should spend all your money on. If you can't afford anything after you buy it then stick with barrows.

Also, i do a ton of slayer and yes the repairs wont ever add up to the cost of bandos but its still nice to never worry about it.

I do tons of gwd trips. The range defense there really dose help a ton when you use a godsword and have no shield.

dudy80sigy.jpg

Thanks for the sig Rose!

My blog to 99 slayer: Here

Helm of Neitiz is not a Bandos item. The defence ratios of Bandos Items to Barrows items is 3:4, while the ratio of Neitiz to Barrows is 1:2.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

Barrows. I would rather have my combat look like this: 4 0 16 20 2 *eats* 11 7 7 22 0 2 *eats*

Than this: 12 0 31 *eats* 40 *eats* 0 4 9 *eats* 23 0 17 *eats*

Simple as that.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Barrows. I would rather have my combat look like this: 4 0 16 20 2 *eats* 11 7 7 22 0 2 *eats*

Than this: 12 0 31 *eats* 40 *eats* 0 4 9 *eats* 23 0 17 *eats*

Simple as that.

[combat session] [combat session] [combat session] [combat session] *REPAIR* [combat session] [combat session] [combat session] *REPAIR* [combat session]

As opposed to

[combat session] [combat session] [combat session] [combat session] [combat session] [combat session] [combat session] [combat session] [combat session]

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots