RuneScape Unbalanced Trade Petition

Mattimis

Hi it's Mattimis.

Probably none of you have seen me in game before, but it doesn't really matter.

The thing is, are you getting frustrated by the unbalanced trade thingy Jagex put in about 6-7 months ago? 'Cause I am. So I've created this petition that I'd like to send to Jagex by maybe August that has to do with runescape's unbalanced trade thingy:

RuneScape had always prided itself for its ability to allow its players freely trade with one another online. But on January 2, 2008, Jagex removed "Unbalanced Trade," restricting non-paying players (non-members) from being able to gain or lose more than 3,000 gp every fifteen minutes and paying players (members) from being able to gain or lose more than up to 30,000 gp every fifteen minutes. This new system has caused frustration among players, who were accustomed with being able to trade freely.

To help diminish the effects of the trade restrictions, Jagex should modify the Unbalanced Trade system. By changing the system so that a non-member or a member could gain or lose up to 5,000 gp or 50,000 gp every five minutes, respectively, instead of up to 3,000 gp or 30,000 gp every fifteen minutes, the legitimate players of RuneScape would benefit greatly. On top of the changes in the Unbalanced Trade system, Jagex should create a few challenging non-member quests to raise their gain/lose amount to up to 15,000 gp every five minutes.

Relaxing the Unbalanced Trade system would benefit the runecrafting business as the crafters would be able to purchase more rune essences within a shorter period of time. The changes would also allow players to assist each other by providing free items or money to the players in need.

This change in the Unbalanced Trade system would not extremely affect real-world traders or item scammers. Item scammers would only be capable of making up to 50,000 gp with every five minutes (10,000 gp a minute), and real-world traders would continue to be frustrated as sellers would have to trade for 1,000 minutes (16 hours and 40 minutes) for a non-member to receive 1,000,000 gp.

We must modify the Unbalanced Trade system to improve RuneScape. By signing this petition, you will unite with other RuneScape players who also wish to be able to trade freely once again.

(When signing this petition, please write your RuneScape character name instead of your real name, and state whether you are a member or a non-member.)

The website to put in your name (if you want to help with this little struggle to help make trading a bit better in rs) is http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/rsunbalancedtrade.

I hope to get about 5k signatures... so if everyone just tells ONE PERSON a day, in about two weeks we'll have at least 5,000 signatures.

Thanks for reading guys.

By the way, I'd like to say something about you guys flaming me. Hear me out. At least I'm *trying* to doing something about it. Have you guys lost ALL hope that rs can be changed for the better by *real players*? And i'm not saying that i want to change it completely, just want to make it more player-friendly. So please do realize that before you start to flame me...

Wow, you made an account just to say that?

Truthfully, I don't like the restrictions...but they needed to be implemented. What your suggesting would be far to easy abuse. Sure it would help the legitimate players...but it would help illegitimate players the same amount. (I guess you follow Guthix)

Aside from that flaw, they also have stated thet aren't changing it back. It would be far to dangerous to their company.

I am nice. . .

I don't really think it would impact them that much though...

cause the point is, who would want to trade for almost 17 hours to get 1mil?

i think jagex said something about not reverting back to before the update, but i don't remember them saying anything about how they wouldn't *change* the update.....

Petitions don't work, they only make us hate you.

Especially when the idea behind one is stupid... 10k a minute? That's 600k an hour. Not exactly uninviting to RWT'ers.

How about, instead of lessening the trade limits, we get a petition going to fix the GE? Something that would truly benifit every honest player.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

First of all SupportMage is right. I hate you already.

1. Petition's do NOT work.

2. Jagex will not change it back

3. Yeah, I hate not being able to give my friend 1m gp... but am willing to take that instead of having to battle thousands of bots in everyday activities like woodcutting, mining, ect.

4. The reason they took it out is to stop Real World Traders. We have had this discussion ever since the update happened and we have someone complain about it atleast every other day. I know some people dont have the intelligence to understand that taking out the wild and unbalanced trading stopped RWT'ers, but thats just something I have to deal with and try to explain to everyone I meet that complains about the updates.

5. Get over it.

EDIT: Even if you did get a lousy 5k people to sign, Jagex could care less. You do realise that there have been over 130m accounts made (I know not that many people play..) but still around 150k people play at one time on runescape most of the time.

Donate to S_U__O__M_I !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really think it would impact them that much though...

cause the point is, who would want to trade for almost 17 hours to get 1 mill?

If i takes you 17 hours to get 1 mill...you don't really need the money yet. The high levels that actually need that amount of money, can easily make it without trades.

I am nice. . .

Petitions are like riots, they won't work.

Jagex put the trade system in place to stop cheaters. Unfortunately is effects everyone. Once again, cheaters have ruined something for everyone.

I do hate the trade system, I can't help my brother out, a mutual friend can't give him some dragon bones he bought as a present.. :wall:

35b9enp.jpg

Waste of time. Jagex will NEVER do it as it would open up the floodgates for RWTers, bots and all the evils associated with it. Just live with the changes and adapt to them or quit like the rest of the whiners.

I doubt this will work, probably going to get locked...

Since it's going to get locked

[hide=]inbeforethelockxf5dr9.gif[/hide]

It's a good Idea though but no discussion value here.......

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Looking at some of these posts and I'm wondering if anyone actually READ his petition. He IS NOT asking them to change it back to what it was. He even says that more than once. Yeah I agree that this most likely won't work, but give the guy a break, at least hes willing to try. Is there even a reason in not agreeing to sign it? It won't hurt anything. And to all those who keep saying that this will bring back RWT'ers, he's not asking to change it back, just that they make the trade limit less strict. Personally I don't see how this will help RWTers, as it will still take them over an hour just to trade 1mil, which is a VERY small amount considering how much the trades used to be.

Looking at some of these posts and I'm wondering if anyone actually READ his petition. He IS NOT asking them to change it back to what it was. He even says that more than once. Yeah I agree that this most likely won't work, but give the guy a break, at least hes willing to try. Is there even a reason in not agreeing to sign it? It won't hurt anything. And to all those who keep saying that this will bring back RWT'ers, he's not asking to change it back, just that they make the trade limit less strict. Personally I don't see how this will help RWTers, as it will still take them over an hour just to trade 1mil, which is a VERY small amount considering how much the trades used to be.

And yet it is still quite a large amount for someone who needs to do virtually nothing

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

why is it that suddenly so many people on tip.it have become total [wagon] holes? if you don't like this, then don't read it and don't sign it. simple as that. He is harming no one by doing this or posting here so I see no reason why any of you should insult him or start a flame war other than because you feel like being a [bleep] today.

Get the [bleep] over it.

[bleep] you.