"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

In my personal experience, crying wins over being mature. -.- I'm mature, yet my little sister cries all the time and gets whatever she wants while my parents just yell at me and as a result I treat my little sister like [cabbage] because she deserves it, then I get in trouble again but deserve it this time....in the end I just leave and go to a friend's house.

Point of the story - don't yell at your parents or try and talk to them in a mature manner, but instead bawl your eyes out. :thumbup:

*Feel free to disregard any advice given by me, no offense will be taken. ;)

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Your parents should learn to control your sister.

Little sisters always get away with everything.

My sister could kick me in the face, spit on me, and stab me, but if i were to a lay a hand on her after that I'd get grounded for months.

Little sisters are ALWAYS bratty. it's just the way it works.

My sister could kick me in the face, spit on me, and stab me, but if i were to a lay a hand on her after that I'd get grounded for months.

It's kinda true. I can slap my older sister and not get in trouble for it, then once she slaps me back she gets yelled at.

But I don't do this often (probably done it once), but she hits me a lot when my parents aren't around. >_<

I get [cabbage] for not living up to my parents expectations so no, not entirely true.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

It's kinda true. I can slap my older sister and not get in trouble for it, then once she slaps me back she gets yelled at.

But I don't do this often (probably done it once), but she hits me a lot when my parents aren't around. >_<

I get [cabbage] for not living up to my parents expectations so no, not entirely true.

It's terrible in my house, cause i get in trouble even if my mum knows i didnt do it.

because my sisters dad died when she was a baby, so my mums uber nice to her, and a complete [flappy thingy] to me. and, balls. my sister pisses me off.

Ah, [bleep]. They didn't break up yet :(

Hopefully next week.

I'm going to agree with everyone and tell you thats a terrible thing to say, and a horrible thing to think. I suggest you refer back to my old advice for you (give up asap). I really don't think what you're doing is healthy.

and for the rest of the topic, little sisters are annoying, yes, but they have little to do with the thread at hand. Not that I'm mini-modding, but I practically live on this thread, I'd appreciate some more 'on-topic' posts.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Uhh... This is for relationship advice aswell? So really, little sisters and such can come into it.

Every connection with a person is a relationship. Yes this is a relationship topic, but from the 250+ pages I've experienced 90% of all discussions were of romantic relationships. All others were told to make seperate topics in the OT section of TIF. Hence all the "My dad won't let..." and "What's up with my brother" topics outside of this sticky. With a real explained issue, their more than welcome, but simply stating "you have no idea how annoying my ___ (insert family member here) is" is spam in my eyes.

He said that because his dad wouldn't let him get a girlfriend, or at least made it really hard. ;)

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Do you guys have any idea how hard my dad makes it to have a life...let alone a girlfriend? Ugh he just irritates me soooo much. :wall: :wall:

Go on...

He finds the STUPIDEST reasons to yell at me, mostly when I wanna hang out with someone. I'll ask them(mom AND dad) and then he'll randomly start yelling at me for no reason. Grounds me for no reason. So, well that's why I have "no life."

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

But then again, the gay Asian kid we all thought was gonna be an actor turned out to be a rapist. Who knew.
E-cards, the new and improved way to get in someones pants :thumbup:.

:twss:

First Dragon Drop Ever On: February 7, 2009 at 11:45am. Dragon Spear from Black Dragon

"I'll take a hardware store over a gun any day. Guns make you stupid. Better to fight your wars with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart."

Do you guys have any idea how hard my dad makes it to have a life...let alone a girlfriend? Ugh he just irritates me soooo much. :wall: :wall:

Go on...

He finds the STUPIDEST reasons to yell at me, mostly when I wanna hang out with someone. I'll ask them(mom AND dad) and then he'll randomly start yelling at me for no reason. Grounds me for no reason. So, well that's why I have "no life."

What usually sets off the yelling? and What reasons does he give for grounding you (if there are any)?

Well theres this girl. We talk every passing period. She smiles at me and stuff so I go over and start a conversation. I'm left thinking wtf. So, i'm thinking of asking her out. How do I go about that?

Pretty much done with rs now

Well theres this girl. We talk every passing period. She smiles at me and stuff so I go over and start a conversation. I'm left thinking wtf. So, i'm thinking of asking her out. How do I go about that?

Something along the lines of "Hey, there isn't enough time between periods to talk...wanna go out some time?" would probably suffice. This seems like a rather simple situation in comparison to most. Your lack of details suggest you two are attracted towards one another but barely know each other. The time is now.

Go on...

What usually sets off the yelling? and What reasons does he give for grounding you (if there are any)?

That's just it, I have no idea. I don't use attitude or anything. I usually ask in advance. And he never gives me reasons.

But then again, the gay Asian kid we all thought was gonna be an actor turned out to be a rapist. Who knew.

First Dragon Drop Ever On: February 7, 2009 at 11:45am. Dragon Spear from Black Dragon

"I'll take a hardware store over a gun any day. Guns make you stupid. Better to fight your wars with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart."

Alright, well, I decided to take a spin with this topic...

Is there a way to escape the dreaded "friend zone"? I heard that a girl I like a lot thinks of me as a brother more than a possible boyfriend... Is there a chance that later she might view me in another way...or should I start flirting or doing something that would help?

[hide=]

Go on...

[/hide]

That's just it, I have no idea. I don't use attitude or anything. I usually ask in advance. And he never gives me reasons.

There has to be a reason somewhere. Are you fairly young (~13-14)? If you are, he may just be overprotective. I assume you've asked, "Why?" before, right? Usually parent have at least some reason for saying no. How does the average conversation where you ask to go out go?

[hide=]

Go on...

[/hide]

There has to be a reason somewhere. Are you fairly young (~13-14)? If you are, he may just be overprotective. I assume you've asked, "Why?" before, right? Usually parent have at least some reason for saying no. How does the average conversation where you ask to go out go?

I'm 16..."Can I go...place...?" "No, I don't like your attitude. yaddah yaddah...grounded...yaddah yaddah." (I've asked my mom, she said I gave ZERO attitude)

[hide=]

Go on...

[/hide]

I'm 16..."Can I go...place...?" "No, I don't like your attitude. yaddah yaddah...grounded...yaddah yaddah." (I've asked my mom, she said I gave ZERO attitude)

Well, that's troublesome. I guess the only advice I have is to go around your dad and ask your mom. Otherwise, good luck and hopefully whatever's making your dad get on your case will go away. Good luck, hopefully things will get better!

If your mum and dad think differently of the scenario then there are already problems with your family. Why aren't they communicating?

If your mother can't approach your father then maybe that's just it. He's unapproachable and you can't win no matter what you say. And perhaps that's why it's the same with your scenario.

If that's the case and he doesn't smell some roses soon, there won't be many people attending his funeral.

Ah, [bleep]. They didn't break up yet :(

Hopefully next week.

One day when you return to this thread and you ask why nobody likes you and why you have no friends I'm just going to reply with this icon :wall: If he's truly your best friend since the age of 4 you should be selfless and hope that things work out for him, even if you happen to love her.

----

New problem... as posted on "today" thread:

Also decided to stop seeing Brent's parents until they start acting like Raiden's grandparents. They invited us up, with a week's notice. So Friday night we drove up, they text us and tell us to get our own dinner on the way there because they have already ordered there's. Oh how nice... invite us around for dinner for Friday night and then tell us to go get our own. Then they ignored their grandson for the rest of the night. On Saturday night Brent and I went out for dinner and asked them (like 2 weeks ago in advance) if they could look after Raiden while we go to dinner.

So we go to dinner... the restaurant screws up our booking and puts in a scroungy corner with bad view, so we left. Then another place wanted Brent to wear a collared shirt so we went home to quickly get changed. Re asked his parents if they were okay looking after Raiden for the night and they said yes. So we go out, we get to our destination and they send us a text message "how much longer are you's going to be? We want to go to bed now." So they ruined our night.

Then Sunday we wake up and they're nowhere to be seen. I ask where they were and Brent's brother says they've gone to spend the rest of the day at one of their houses, fixing it up.

So they had the freaking nerve to invite us up for the weekend, ruined everything and spent absolutely no time with their grandson and all we got out of them was basically "hi, bye and good morning".

As if fixing up one of your houses is more important than spending the day with your family that you asked to come see you. They really need to get their freakin' priorities right. Money is not more important than family.

So they can freakin stay in their lonely castle, swim in their money and I refuse to go see them, stay at their house again or even call or text. If they're so interested in fixing things, they can come to me or ring me.

They are so bloody greedy and paranoid. They have all these millions and Brent's mum won't even fix her own parents car so they can get to their doctor appointments.

Money can turn the best of people, ugly :evil: I've never met a more greedier person in my entire life. Yet my parents have barely anything and my mum spends her lunch money on our son to buy new toys to put in his play box. And my mum will ring to see if I'm sick if she hasn't seen Raiden in a few days lol... funny how less is more.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Alright, well, I decided to take a spin with this topic...

Is there a way to escape the dreaded "friend zone"? I heard that a girl I like a lot thinks of me as a brother more than a possible boyfriend... Is there a chance that later she might view me in another way...or should I start flirting or doing something that would help?

There are ways of escaping the friend zone yes. However it is often very ugly. There's also a very large chance that you'll fail. There's a decent size chance that something completely unrelated in your life will be meesed up because of it. it also takes a lot of time. Time and effort. So before you even begin this process you have to ask yourself if its truly worth it. No joke, it could take years. And that's /IF/ it succeeds. It entirely depends on the girl and how deep yyour already in. The bright side is if you do succeed the chances of having a good healthy relationship are through the roofs.

There's no real rules (barely even guidlines) to really pull from for these situations. Flirting is one thing yes, but its not going to help as much as you'd think. You need to figure out what the key to her heart is. Every girl has one. Every girl.

There are ways of escaping the friend zone yes. However it is often very ugly. There's also a very large chance that you'll fail. There's a decent size chance that something completely unrelated in your life will be meesed up because of it. it also takes a lot of time. Time and effort. So before you even begin this process you have to ask yourself if its truly worth it. No joke, it could take years. And that's /IF/ it succeeds. It entirely depends on the girl and how deep yyour already in. The bright side is if you do succeed the chances of having a good healthy relationship are through the roofs.

There's no real rules (barely even guidlines) to really pull from for these situations. Flirting is one thing yes, but its not going to help as much as you'd think. You need to figure out what the key to her heart is. Every girl has one. Every girl.

Uh, Jesus CHRIST.. N-... no, I can't even bring myself to respond to that. Words wouldn't cut it. This is all I can say:

friends.png

Stop being a pansy who obsesses over one chick. There you go. If you get rejected, you know what? F**k her. She's missing out, her loss, not yours.

Get over it. Get over her.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

[hide=Rebdragon's post]

Uh, Jesus CHRIST.. N-... no, I can't even bring myself to respond to that. Words wouldn't cut it. This is all I can say:

friends.png

Stop being a pansy who obsesses over one chick. There you go. If you get rejected, you know what? F**k her. She's missing out, her loss, not yours.

Get over it. Get over her.

[/hide]

You know, Rebdragon, sometimes I can't help but just blink and smile at your posts sometimes. They are extremely blunt, but always with at least a hint of truth in them. Because of this, I'm taking a moment to pause and reevaluate my own current situation. I haven't been confined to the "friend zone," but wow, just wow... Hmm...

As to this actual situation, don't play it out like Reb's nice little comic there, cause as blunt as it is, there is a heck of a lot of truth there. You have to take a chance you're given, and if it doesn't work, you have to move on. As to when you actually take that chance, that's up to you.

As for this last bit, I agree with it all except the pansy bit(And I probably wouldn't have stated it as bluntly, but like I said, that's Reb's specialty.). I personally prefer being select in choosing who to date rather than going with the "plenty of fish in the sea" argument.

Flyingjj.png

No suprise here, that girl i was interested in is officaly un-avilable. :thumbdown: #-o Time to go scouting for another.

Would be good to look for someone else, but don't count yourself completely out, it might not work out between them, though don't hope it won't, makes you seem like an [wagon].

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198