flash game and discussion

Riku3220

First off I'd like to start with the flash game: Pandemic 2. It's where you start off as a simple disease in a random part of the world and your job is to infect and kill everyone on the planet.

http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/pandemic_2

now for the discussion part. what if this were to really happen? I've infected half the world in less than 50 days and killed half in at least 60 days.

Can there be a disease that can spread and kill that quickly? It can spread like it was the common cold and kill like it was cancer! What if the common cold just evolved into a disease like that?

Play the game right and people will get sick from breathing and drinking water and what if someone were to develop such a disease and only supply vaccinations to certain people? could the world really end that fast? or is the game just a little sped up?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

This seems really good, but how do you play?

click on the "Disease" button on the bottom of the game and upgrade your disease, remember you want to making it lethal makes it more noticeable, so you wanna spread it all over the world before making it lethal

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I've played the original game before. I have yet to totally infect the world. I always have a problem with Eastern Europe. They always shut their borders and I can't get the infection across.

I'll play this one and see how it is. If it is different then I will edit my post with my new thoughts.

Now onto the discussion, I don't believe a virus could imitate what this virus can do. Sure a virus may be able to infect the world, but the one in the game is constantly evolving into a more deadly virus at a quick pace, I doubt a virus as big as that could evolve that quickly. But then again I could be wrong.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I can never seem to infect NZ. It's annoying, as you can imagine.

I killed them off 1st lol

Madagascar, Indonesia, Japan and Greenland seem to be safe from my wrath -.-

Edit: drat! they survived

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Islands annoy me so bad. Speaking of Pandemic, in a totally unrelated way. Anyone played Totem Destroyer? Mad fun.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Madagascar is my problem, it seems no infected people want to go there :wall:

lol, same here. maybe because they only have one port. there was a infected ship looking for a port but madagascar had already closed its borders :(.

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.

Islands annoy me so bad. Speaking of Pandemic, in a totally unrelated way. Anyone played Totem Destroyer? Mad fun.

ya, me thinks islands should welcome me virus like the US does :lol:

never heard of Totem Destroyer, btw I like your pic ;)

Heres my stats so far:

62 days passed

1200000000 infected

2300000000 alive

4000000000 dead

1100000000 healthy

How am I doing?

Indonesia, australia, madagascar, america canada and new zealand and japan aren't affected

lampost_sig_stark.png

im onto you Austrailia!

also post your opinon about the topic, i wouldn't want this getting locked because its about the game

thats good but check to madagascar, new zealand, japan and indonesia are probably invincible by now, you should restart

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

im onto you Austrailia!

also post your opinon about the topic, i wouldn't want this getting locked because its about the game

thats good but check to madagascar, new zealand, japan and indonesia are probably invincible by now, you should restart

just finished a game where I started off in Madagascar, South Americas weren't infected everyone else was dead \'

Kinda reminds me of season 3 of 24 :lol: What's really scary is the exponential growth of extremely contagious diseases. 1 person infects 3 which each infect 3 etc... 3, 9, 27 etc....

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

So do you guys play the Relaxed or Realistic mode? What type of illness do you start as?

I play as Parasite, seeing as my Virus gets obliterated in Realistic. Slow, but steady. I had almost all the countries infected (Curse you NZ!) and then ramped up the Lethality using all my Evo-Points. Countries turned red so damn fast. :lol:

If a Virus like mine developed, we'd all be screwed. Except for NZ. I can't imagine a disease as potentially damaging to the human race as this one, but if viruses keep adapting to vaccines, cures, etc, I think that's what Cancer does or something, then we could all be in for a nasty surprise.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Except for NZ.

Its always NZ. W00t for living there! I haven't managed to actually get it affected, and its impossible to do so now.

HUMPH!

Well, I reckon if something like what happens in the game happens IRL everyone would be screwed. But i reckon some people would be invulnerable to it. Like I Am Legend.

Speaking of that movie, I hope something like that suddenly doesn't happen, though i have my worst suspicions.....

lampost_sig_stark.png

Can there be a disease that can spread and kill that quickly? It can spread like it was the common cold and kill like it was cancer! What if the common cold just evolved into a disease like that?

Ebola's the way to go.

Man, this is such an incredibly addictive game. I haven't played "realistic" yet, but you can be sure that at least 2 days of the remainder of my holidays will be spent playing this. Thanks for sharing. :)

Cool.

Everyone seems to have a problem with madagascar and NZ, but I've managed to kill off both in relaxed mode (NZ was the first to go though). I never did get to Greenland or Europe. And Australia seems to be impervious.

Well, I've added it to my bookmarks toolbar, so world domination should be mine soon! Bwuahahaha!

Thanks to the OP for letting us all know about this game. Seems like a really good time killer. Nothing like watching 10 countries fall in 3 days, and watching the US, China, and Russia crumble in the same day was just magic. Didn't think Russia would fall that easily.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

I infected the whole world in realistic mode, and there is no cure, and people are dying all over, and thats a good thing. :lol:

I might post a screenshot when they all die.

Edit: diediediieeeeej7.png O:) :-w

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

In realistic mode everyone is death, except Madagascar.

I doubt islands would be safe in such a global pandemic, there's always some people making their own boat and shipping off to safe lands.

Some nasty examples of pandemics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

The Spanish flu is pretty much your precedent for the biggest and baddest viral pandemics.

These days there's much more of an emphasis on contingency plans for global pandemics or more regional epidemics. The knowledge to catch these things early and isolate infected people along with the advent of new drugs has helped a lot.

Retroviruses like various flu strains are still a pain in the [wagon] for us because they mutate so much, but I somehow doubt we'll see another event as severe as the Spanish flu.