No PK? No Staking? No market? No drop trades?

ultrablue

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, it's all Jagex's fault that players break their rules.

Why do you say that?? Give me proof??

Too bad naive people just having their own statement but not even having their proof.

If someone told you 'Jagex has perfect customer support' without any proof, would you even believe of it??

Back to the topic, too many 'fanboys' tell ranters that Jagex been working for better PvP games and so they should be patient and wait for those new updates. Its been 8 months but most of them still doesnt see any 'decent' PvP games.....

May I ask 'fanboys' that how many more months ranters should be patient until they start rantings?? 12 months later?? 120 months or 1200 months later??

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

I just love how they crippled their whole game to fight rwt and it's very much alive. LOL. :wall:

And yeah. I agree with the guy above me. How LONG are we supposed to wait for a decent PVP hmmm? It's been 8 MONTHS!!!

I'm going to laugh when Jagex throws Runescape down the drain when Mechscape comes out. They say they won't... but they also said they would NEVER harm our gaming experience in anyway in order to fight RWT which we all know was a flat out lie!

Eatrunearrow.png

I just love how they crippled their whole game to fight rwt and it's very much alive. LOL. :wall:

And yeah. I agree with the guy above me. How LONG are we supposed to wait for a decent PVP hmmm? It's been 8 MONTHS!!!

Let's get some basic English down, first. Do you know what "cripple" means? Because, with the way you've been droning on about it, it sounds like you don't have a clue.

Second, programming a part of a game, testing it, then throwing it in a very long queue of other projects means that it takes a while. Either be patient, or get lost.

Im sorry highlander, you claim i dont have an argument?

The 'dont like dont play' reponse has probably less debatability than whether or not the sky is blue... You think you're clever with snide comments, and, lots, of, commas.. But the thing is, you sound like that little kid from Malcom in the middle.

Highlander's right, you don't have an argument. It all goes back to the "don't like, don't play" philosophy. What you can't seem to get wrapped around your head is that no one is forcing you in any shape, form, or fashion to keep playing this game that you loathe so much. But you act like it's your reason to exist, and without it, you can't breathe. Of course, you're also acting like it's the worst company in the world since Enron, so you rant about it until you're satisfied.

Do yourselves a favor, Gin and eatrunearrow (and anyone else that's dissatisfied): Walk away from RuneScape. Walk away from RuneScape fansites. And don't look back.

nobody likes the tattle-tales and the people who are sticklers to the rules. Everybody broke them, because they were bad rules. And now, they are even worse, and more enforced. Such as, the taking out of third party clients.

So you have no remorse while you willingly broke the rules, eh?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Would you rather have a quickly thrown-together pvp minigame that you'll end up ranting about here anyway? Oh, wait, bh...

Seriously though, you could have a bit of optimism and hope that the 8 months are going to mean it'll come out great. If you can't do that, what's the point of even being here?

Why do you say that?? Give me proof??

Too bad naive people just having their own statement but not even having their proof.

If someone told you 'Jagex has perfect customer support' without any proof, would you even believe of it??

Players broke the rules they agreed to. Therefore, to prevent some from being broken any further, Jagex changed the game and a lot of people complained about it.

Now let's look for the first trace of immorality committed on purpose (in my opinion, that's the best way to tell who is really at fault). Is it Jagex for wanting a better game and making rules - which if everyone followed, the RWT updates would never even exist? Or is it the players who broke rules, knowing it damages the game? I don't even have to answer that...

You see, I didn't explain because commonsense should have told you everything you need to know. Too bad naive people don't have any though.

OMG how many more of these whiny rants are we gonna have. The thread starter is the 2nd biggest idiot in this site behind that eatrunearrow moron. Keep up with these idiotic whiny crybaby posts about how your life is now ruined because Jagex "ruined" this game. Guess what? I still enjoy it because it enhanced my game. And before your mentally handicapped [wagon] flame me for being a skiller, let me inform you that I can still enjoy a game that you are so much crying about not being able to have fun in anymore.

Please do us a favor and get a life and stop with these stupid threads.

Scratch that, keep these threads up because I get some amusement out of laughing at your crying.

Have a great day.

Mystik01.gif

2. DROP TRADING IS AGAINST THE RULES

3.I prefer the "dumbed" down version of the game. It easier to train without getting annoyed y 13 year old kids making pures just for pixels.

Drop Trading is against the rules? So?

I mean, it was a totally stupid rule anyway, you earnt that money, why can't you do what you wanted with it?

And just becase you prefer the "Dumbed" down version of the game, doesn't mean everybody has to, the pures those "13 yr olds" made were made because pking was enjoyable to them, and you could hardly get anywhere without being a pure...

TBH if I were a high level player, and had spent alot of time on this pure, I would be very annoyed at Jagex's updates, and I'm sure most of the people who have been saying that people should stop complaining don't realise that Jagex did ruin the game for them.

Thats what I believe, I myself had no pure, but I felt pretty bad for the people who had trained up a pure to high levels, and done nothing wrong, to see all their effort wasted.

Anyway, how could you be annoyed with them? If you didn't like them, you can turn chat off, I mean if you get annoyed by people making pures to enjoy the game, your taking it too seriously.

I don't believe Jagex did ruin the game, but that is based mostly on the fact I have no pure and never really experienced the Pking aspect of the game. I do understand why Jagex felt they needed to make these moves, and I respect that, but i do feel they could have done a better job to make everybody happy.

But who knows what they're planning.

The Trade Limit, I didn't really care, I didn't really think too much about it, didn't really affect me.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Idiot. If you don't like the game, just don't play it. There are people who do like it, and I doubt you can convince them. It's just stupid to complain about a game you don't even play anymore on forums that are full with people who do...

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Idiot. If you don't like the game, just don't play it. There are people who do like it, and I doubt you can convince them. It's just stupid to complain about a game you don't even play anymore on forums that are full with people who do...

The funny thing is that when a Tipiter posts these 2 lines, everyone agrees him, and praise him, even, when in reality it's not only short, but bull. So your favorite, or second favorite (whatever) game was ruined by an idiotic decision, so "don't play it"? The idiot part ruins your credibility anyways. Oh, but when someone who actually had his fun destroyed writes up his own argument, he is a moron who should be shot IRL.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

So i came back from my long retirement and wanted to check things out. First thing i see, new page, new looks new game basically. RS HD. Well ok fine i guess, i can run it in low detail to keep the 'oldschool' touch to it (even if it's been gone since the release of RS2), moving on from there. No pking? No staking? No trading? Mindblowing changes, unacceptable changes!.

PKing MADE RS. Even if RS2 killed it with a big bunch, and now its gone completely. No words there.

Staking gone? The main reason since RS2 to level up a pure character - GONE. Unbelievable.

No trading? Another core feature of this game gone.

So i went to check my bank alt if he's alive. He was. I withdrew my valuables, some small rares and a party hat. Dropping over to my main. And guess what? Nothing. Items won't pop up. They even removed that. It's just completely insane, how the game developers can totally **** up their game over the course of 1~ year? Ontop of this they have extended the max combat to 138. Yesterday i saw a level 125 i believe without even a single 99. Mindblowing. I remember the days you had to be maxed out to become lv123...

So not only this game has been dumbed down to such an extent it's not enjoyable, but also the levels and stats don't mean a **** anymore. Where is this 'holy-****' feeling from others when you 3 hitted people back in rsc, 30 30 dead? Instead anything under 70 while maxing is "omfg u noob".

Instead all i see from people is something like this: "Emote plz", "omfg emote!!44" "U NOOB SHWO EMTOE I *** UR MOM". All this just makes me sick. And only one thing to add.

Back to World of Warcraft.

If you read the Development Diary Runescape vs. RWT, then you'll see why Jagex did this. Bounty Hunter doesn't live up to the Edgeville pking, that's obvious. But it is still a good way to pk, you just have to tweak your brains for different strategies. You can still trade up to 30k with only 200 qp (that's not that hard to get). The staking thing is kind of a "You can't drink under 21" in the U.S. because people aren't responsible enough here...unlike in Europe where there's NO drinking age in Italy. It's annoying, but all for the good of RS. As for drop trading, I have no sympathy for you. Drop trading is, was, and forever will be ILLEGAL. Though it's frustrating to know that's a few less rares in the system. Oh wait, that's right, they're WORTHLESS. I never get harassed by noobs to show my qp cape emote, just the occasional, "I can I see emote plz?"

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

The funny thing is that when a Tipiter posts these 2 lines, everyone agrees him, and praise him, even, when in reality it's not only short, but bull. So your favorite, or second favorite (whatever) game was ruined by an idiotic decision, so "don't play it"? The idiot part ruins your credibility anyways. Oh, but when someone who actually had his fun destroyed writes up his own argument, he is a moron who should be shot IRL.

It's bull? Wrong. In life, I was always brought up with the idea that if there's something you don't like, you have two options. If you have control over it, either get it changed or live with it. If you can't control it, well you have no choice but to live with it. But whatever direction you take, don't whine to other people about it, they could care less about your petty problems.

And here we have Runescape. The wilderness pking coming back is something that will never happen, so "get over it" works quite well when people are either still playing the game or visiting fansites 8 months later and talking about how the game is ruined and they hate Jagex and Runescape and how all of a sudden the rules are bull.

Then you have people like ultrablue come in and do the equivalent of calling the police to a movie set because he stupidly thinks people are filming a murder. Without taking a second to figure out the motives or get any of his facts straight, he'll end up blundering stupidly through the following discussion and supplement his lack of facts with inane comments towards everyone who doesn't agree with him, taking an artificial moral ground to convince everyone that even though he's wrong, he's actually righter than you.

And then of course Eatrunearrow will make his debut not unlike a Rob Schnieder cameo in a Ben Stiller movie, make a few stupid comments along the lines of "Wow, I can't believe ANYONE else on this forum knows what I'm going through and isn't a STUPID JAGEX FANBOY LOSER NO LIFE OMG CAKE IS A LIE NOOB", before departing to the bridge he lives under as Senior Troll.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

So...Back to WoW?Good riddance.I hope all of the people who haven't realised the trade limit is in place leave as well,we'd have a better community.Have you even read the RuneScape rules?No multiple logging in,that means no tranference of items either.Anything you get in that account cannot be from yourself.That is to say,drop trading was illegal in the first place.

I hope all you guys who can openly admit to drop trading get perm-banned and when you come back from WoW you can't play a damn thing on your bloody account.

listen to this man he may be some sort or Scientist.

sycosis5.png

winterkingre4.png

So...Back to WoW?Good riddance.I hope all of the people who haven't realised the trade limit is in place leave as well,we'd have a better community.Have you even read the RuneScape rules?No multiple logging in,that means no tranference of items either.Anything you get in that account cannot be from yourself.That is to say,drop trading was illegal in the first place.

I hope all you guys who can openly admit to drop trading get perm-banned and when you come back from WoW you can't play a damn thing on your bloody account.

listen to this man he may be some sort or Scientist.

+5 for the statement of illegal drop trading

+2 for the scientist comment \'

LOL someone called in the fanboy reinforcements. I can't wait until Jagex releases Mechscape and throws Runescape out the door. You all think Jagex are a bunch of high and mighty gods who can't make a mistake and will defend them to the end. Just wait till they [cabbage] on your "Perfect Runescape game" and throw it out the window to continue to pursue their greed. Runescape is indeed long past its glory days. The new HD graphics were a failed attempt to draw in generation shiny, when they should have been fixing things they broke.

Random question. How many of you plan / already have bought the Runescape novel?

Eatrunearrow.png

LOL someone called in the fanboy reinforcements. I can't wait until Jagex releases Mechscape and throws Runescape out the door. You all think Jagex are a bunch of high and mighty gods who can't make a mistake and will defend them to the end. Just wait till they [cabbage] on your "Perfect Runescape game" and throw it out the window to continue to pursue their greed. Runescape is indeed long past its glory days. The new HD graphics were a failed attempt to draw in generation shiny, when they should have been fixing things they broke.

Random question. How many of you plan / already have bought the Runescape novel?

Quit calling us all fanboys, damn it! It doesn't make us fanboys just because we like the game!

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

You already define Runescape as being "ruined" because of the RWT updates though. What would they change to tick us off? It seems like we "f@nb0is" have the ability to cope with change, but you don't so you assume that we will call Runescape "ruined" when MS comes out.

Talking about Mechscape, I've got 2 comments:

1. Jagex seems to be a company that is expanding. The Mechscape and Runescape crew would be(least for the most part) separate. Did FunOrb destroy the Runescape fanbase? No, because they have different audiences. Which leads to...

2. Have you, Arrow, looked at the more popular MMO's through the years? Everquest, Ultima Online, WoW, Maplestory, (yes) Runescape, and now Conan. Notice something missing....Sci-fi. Yes, there are (and have been) ones out there, like Eve or StarWars Galaxies, but they just don't seem to garner the fanbase of fantasy MMO's. To put it in simpler terms...As long as Runescape continues to be a cash cow it ain't goin nowhere.

-p.s. Call us fanboys all you want, but at least we aren't trolling the fansite of (and apparently paying membership for)a game that you constantly extol hasn't been fun for 8 months

newge4.png

Fanboy is sexist, you could at least call me fangirl :lol:

Companies ALWAYS will throw games out the door in the end; it's called CHANGE.

I don't doubt that within the next generation if WoW doesn't disitagrate, the gameplay will be so different that it would be just the same as if it did so. And what's wrong with praising Jagex for something I like? I LOVE the graphics. They look a little cartoonish (But I'm an otaku too, so IDC), whereas WoW uses graphics that are the same as an N64 for the gameplay (but like 360/PS3 graphics for the opening cutscenes). Also, jagex also stated last year that Runescape would be their aim for another five years. That's four years from now. Let's see...2012-2001 or 1999 for those who are really picky ;) = :shock: 11 years of sticking with a game, possibly 13. That's a LOOOOONG time to stick with a game. I guess if I work for Jagex when I'm 19 or 20 (hopefully by 25) I'd be working on the mechscape team :( . And why do people think that Jagex is doing nothing for pvp? It took them over 1 year (latter part of 06 to early 08) to do summoning. It also took them a good 14 months (I think) to nerf pc. It's only been 7 [cabbage] months. When it's been about 2 years with now avail, go ahead and rant, but by then, most people would say, "What the heck are you talking about? You can't attack people in the wildy!"

I love how, in Eatrunearrow's eyes, defending anything Jagex does means you look upon them as gods and believe they can't make a mistake. Typical copout for someone with the intellect of a five year old so they don't have to actually bring forward any valid statements, just blast the game and blast those who support it (Oh wait, you still play and come to the forums, FANBOY, JAGEX FANBOY). Idiot.

We know Runescape isn't going to be thrown out the door when Mechscape is released because, get this, Geoff Iddison said so. I know you take whatever an employee that works on Runescape says with a grain of salt, but get this: He's the CEO of Jagex, formerly Paypal. They hired a completely different team to work on FunOrb, they've hired a completely different team to work on mechscape. A bunch of children said that Runescape would take a backseat to FunOrb. Well it hasn't, and your half-witted conspiracy theories still haven't held water after all this time.

As for runescape being "past its glory" then stop coming to these forums. For a game that hasn't been in its glory since classic, it sure has taken you a long five years to grow up and "gtfo".

As for the Runescape novel, no.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Why is everyone getting all upset about this? If a GAME isn't fun to you don't play it. Simple as that. If you still enjoy it, then keep playing. There is no right or wrong choice, it's a matter of opinion and telling people otherwise is just going to start a flame war like it did here. If you are really that upset that a game changed to point where you no longer like it that you have to go around insulting people who still do, you need to turn off your computer and do something else.

I have baked a lovely cake for when EatRuneArrow finally makes a logical statement.

Well, I think this is getting to the brink of idiocy....

AND since it is, I guess I better get my input in before this thread gets locked, which I can bet will happen.

First of all, EatRuneArrow might someday not have a computer when his parents quit paying for him to play and spoil him, and he is working at the fryers of the local McDonalds. Minimum wage will not keep your comp running too long, especially if all you do is sit in the darkest crevice of this website, and lash out at people by throwing [developmentally delayed]ed babies at us, the [developmentally delayed]ed baby being you...

Please help me understand though, why you pay for members yet you lash out at Jagex as if they were the nearest dangling piece of rope? Quit feeding them your greens if you hate them so much.

Now on the subject of Fanboy's...

FANBOY: A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic: the Gathering, etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces.

Well now...this definition leads me to believe that you are a fanboy( if you have any social graces they must be with deaf people...)

Why?

Maybe because sitting on this RS fansite and complaining over a video game just is really fanboyish...

Look at it in these ways:

1. In the early 1900's people did not have computers and all they had to do was read the latest book (you know? Those things with the words in them?) and thats all they really had to do other than go to the movies and (No thats not a book, thats the wallpaper) go to their jobs or work on their farms...Your lucky you were born in this era...(I know this is kinda stupid but I always look at the stuff we take for granted that way since our great grandparents were not able to enjoy the electronics we have now and had a lot more manual things to do...)

2. I beat Tales of Symphonia a couple years back and spent eighty friggin hours playing and leveling up my character...and guess what? IT WAS OVER! WTF PLOX! I spent eighty hours playing a game and it ended...at least this game you can spend eighty hours playing and still have so much to decide to do...

EatRuneArrow should shove a rune arrow up his arse and as his name implies, Eat a Rune Arrow, thus puncturing his tongue and making him talk lith thisth...but then again...he would sound exactly the same if you cut his tongue off...

In conclusion...I have just wanted to let off some steam about this little child who apparently needs to take some more naps in kindergarten just because he is a grumpy little troll...

This fansite was probably built upon allowing people from all over the world to discuss their feelings and issues with Runescape in a mature and helpful environment. Well...EatRuneArrow took that idea and flushed down the toilet.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

2. I beat Tales of Symphonia a couple years back and spent eighty friggin hours playing and leveling up my character...and guess what? IT WAS OVER! WTF PLOX! I spent eighty hours playing a game and it ended...at least this game you can spend eighty hours playing and still have so much to decide to do...

OMG, I LOVE THAT GAME!!!!!!

The end of the road is always bittersweet isn't it?

I'm almost afraid to play my new rpg game, Mana Khemia, because I don't want it to end so soon too :cry:

But this is why I love Rs so much ::'

OMG, I LOVE THAT GAME!!!!!!

The end of the road is always bittersweet isn't it?

I'm almost afraid to play my new rpg game, Mana Khemia, because I don't want it to end so soon too :cry:

But this is why I love Rs so much ::'

PFFT 80 hours is noob. Try like 150+. New ToS is like pokemon.... Not sure if I am gonna get it.

Seriously though. You're not a fanboy if you defend something Jagex does. You are when you defend everything Jagex does. Maybe they needed to get rid of X, Y, and Z but how can you defend them when nothing gets put back into X, Y, and Z's spots?? PKing was removed and PVP got BH instead.

BH is only similar to PKing in that you attack another player. Bringing high level items gets you gang banged and there is really no chance to 1v1 unless people agree not to interrupt (rare).

Fist of Guthix is a fairly fun mini game but when Jagex promised a 1v1 PVP mini game I think everybody was thinking something like Edgeville or something. We got exactly what was promised but far from what we expected. If FoG had been released earlier it would have been a bigger success. Too bad what Jagex basically did was promise us a *insert car here* (every1 expects a cool car) but gave us a *Insert crappy car here*.

Some people continue to rant about this game because they care. They just don't roll over and stop playing when things don't go there way. I am sure we have all seen the WoW southpark where Cartman gives his speech about how the french just stopped playing when hitler rose to power (http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155267/?tag=Tweek). It kinda the same thing.

Maybe people wouldn't be so up Jagex's [wagon] about PKing if RS wasn't just grinding in almost every other aspect. PKing was the one thing that was different about RS.

Honestly, there is no difference between killing a moss giant at lvl 25 and killing the KBD at lvl 100. Nothing different about cutting a normal tree than cutting a magic tree. Nothing (majorly) different about WC and fishing for that matter. Fighting different players in different circumstances was different.

Jagex can really fix this problem by not worrying about dam graphics so much and new quests that take an hour to complete. They need to balance this game and fix existing things. So seriously, stop pretending that people who whine about the wilderness are out of line. It is a legitimate complaint. And stop acting like everybody is a fan boy.

I am high and quite mellow atm so I probably contradicted myself several times. I don't need people quoting me to let me know just so they can feel good for 2 minutes.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

It took more than a year for Jagex to develop summoning.

I'm sure that there will be a new minigame that replaces old pking quite well, just give it about a year or so.

Rome was not built in a single day, or week for that matter (that's what my grandma says :P ).

I'm fine with wanting the wildy back. I support the old pvp, but I don't like it when people whine "Rs is ruined" "ruinedscape" and the like.

^^^

As for grinding, there really isn't much difference in any other mmorpg. It's almost a staple. There are Rs raids like WoW (just no instances -.- ) like Gwd and KBD/KQ. There are dungeons like Tarn's Lair. The quests aren't grinding at all. There are MANY more minigames in Rs than in WoW. And FoG is my favorite pvp ever. If people would just use strategy, then it would be exciting. I'm recently placated at the moment from 10 victories in a row because I have gotten mostly people who want to train mage -.-. No excitement whatsoever. And there are 230k on highscores for FoG, so it's pretty popular. Grinding on WoW ahs to be the most boring thing ever.......