Wearable skill capes in F2P ~ 90 supporters ~

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, with Jagex promising little updates to current game content.. is this idea posted on RSOF?

No, it's not. I'm not a member at the moment, but I plan to get members, next summer at the latest .

This is an awesome idea tbh, I really wanna see it put into the game. I could post it in rsof if you want, Just tell me what to post and i could give you all the credit.

copyofsunny2hy0tp7.jpg

This_Evening.png

Hmm, good idea, I see your point.

This would have the make the Skill Capes become a F2P item, thus removing the need to redo the entire "Members Object" thing while allowing the Skill Capes to be worn in F2P. They can't be purchased, but only worn in F2P. Makes sense. I support!

r2kuft.gif

Click Here for my RSOF 99 Construction G&A thread! Post your support!

Once again, with Jagex promising little updates to current game content.. is this idea posted on RSOF?

No, it's not. I'm not a member at the moment, but I plan to get members, next summer at the latest .

This is an awesome idea tbh, I really wanna see it put into the game. I could post it in rsof if you want, Just tell me what to post and i could give you all the credit.

Credit and the ability to manage the thread on RSOF like I do here would be nice, but getting this idea noticed is much more important. You could post pretty much everything in the first post. Maybe in the future I could create a new thread so that I could manage it, if that's alright with you.

f203f1850c.png

Quick find code:

77-78-404-58304788

Tell me if you want anything changed.

Also the amount of chars in the title is too many for Rsof reqs, so I had to shorten it.

Yeah, that looks good. Maybe putting something like "An idea by Crimsoncow42:" at the top would be nice. :thumbsup:

Edit: And you might have to give the "Good comments and suggestions" its own post later.

Edit2: And put this after the "This is NOT..."

"A shortened version for those of you who don't want to read the whole post:

Make Skillcapes wearable, not obtainable, in f2p."

f203f1850c.png

Quick find code:

77-78-404-58304788

Also the amount of chars in the title is too many for Rsof reqs, so I had to shorten it.

Yeah, that looks good. Maybe putting something like "An idea by Crimsoncow42:" at the top would be nice. :thumbsup:

Edit: And you might have to give the "Good comments and suggestions" its own post later.

Okay, Ill definately update asap by tommorow but atm am on ipod touch, which I cannot copy paste text.

2 new supporters ^.^

I read somewhere in the code of conduct amd it said its against the rules to post on behalf of another user... which is why i took the idea credits out. said something like, if their already a member they should do it themselves, and if their not, members features shouldnt be extended to them... -.-

copyofsunny2hy0tp7.jpg

This_Evening.png

Quick find code:

77-78-404-58304788

Okay, Ill definately update asap by tommorow but atm am on ipod touch, which I cannot copy paste text.

2 new supporters ^.^

I read somewhere in the code of conduct amd it said its against the rules to post on behalf of another user... which is why i took the idea credits out. said something like, if their already a member they should do it themselves, and if their not, members features shouldnt be extended to them... -.-

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Technically, you're just giving credit like some people do when they repost a suggestion that has gotten eaten by monsters, but I understand.

And more stuff for the thread:

Maybe we should separate the support lists.

f203f1850c.png

Sure, how so? I reserved a few posts as there is a character limit in each post, in case there were too many supporters to fit into one post it would drag on to the next.

Also, you might want to check on page 2, someone name Ninja said something about this idea being against the rules, which I tried to respond to as best I could.

And maybe to clear this up with others who dont read that post, add a section "Is this idea against the rules?" And state why its not against the rules and should be added. Just a suggestion.

One more thing: Im gonna have to change the names on the support list from tif names to RSN's. Just so itll make more sense, as people may be curious why it has 50+ supporters and only a few posts so far.

copyofsunny2hy0tp7.jpg

This_Evening.png

Sure, how so? I reserved a few posts as there is a character limit in each post, in case there were too many supporters to fit into one post it would drag on to the next.

Also, you might want to check on page 2, someone name Ninja said something about this idea being against the rules, which I tried to respond to as best I could.

And maybe to clear this up with others who dont read that post, add a section "Is this idea against the rules?" And state why its not against the rules and should be added. Just a suggestion.

One more thing: Im gonna have to change the names on the support list from tif names to RSN's. Just so itll make more sense, as people may be curious why it has 50+ supporters and only a few posts so far.

Is this idea against the rules?

Technically, this idea could be listed under the "Member's items on F2P Worlds", but this would not give f2p skillcapes. Remember, that you would still have to be a member obtain any type of skillcape. And members items being wearable in f2p has been done before. With colored gloves, you can even trade them to f2p players. With skillcapes, they are untradable. And yes, many people could use this excuse to get other members items wearable in f2p, but we're talking about skillcapes. After someone achieves the goal of getting 99, I think Jagex should give a little and give players the ability to wear skillcapes without stopping them from enjoying parts of the game.

You think that's good enough?

And go ahead and just put the RSNs.

f203f1850c.png

Kk. By the way, another suggestion:

Along with colored gloves for items similar to the suggestion, what about treasure trail rewards? You know, the items that is F2P that only comes from P2P: heralded/trimmed armour and robes. More players could probably relate to that. Although skillcapes would be untradeable, I guess its still a similar concept as is the colored gloves.

copyofsunny2hy0tp7.jpg

This_Evening.png

Sorry if I seem a little impatient, but I'm still waiting for these things on the thread, Shadow_Clawe:

- Support list that only includes supporters from the RSOF thread

- "Is this idea against the rules?"

And if you're still worried about credit, then I currently have no time to manage a thread on RSOF and have entrusted that responsibilty to you. ::'

f203f1850c.png

Sorry if I seem a little impatient, but I'm still waiting for these things on the thread, Shadow_Clawe:

And if you're still worried about credit, then I currently have no time to manage a thread on RSOF and have entrusted that responsibilty to you. ::'

Ook Im sorry, before I was confused about the support list. So leave out tifers, and only put the rsof members? Or make a seperate column for each. Ill do the former for now, unless you disapprove.

And yes, Ill make a seperate area in the post clarifying that the suggestion is not against the rules. Sorry about my delay, i wasnt sure if you wanted me to add that to the post.

copyofsunny2hy0tp7.jpg

This_Evening.png

Ook Im sorry, before I was confused about the support list. So leave out tifers, and only put the rsof members? Or make a seperate column for each. Ill do the former for now, unless you disapprove.

And yes, Ill make a seperate area in the post clarifying that the suggestion is not against the rules. Sorry about my delay, i wasnt sure if you wanted me to add that to the post.

Yeah, take out the TIF supporters and keep the RSOF supporters.

And I didn't know you were part of TET.

f203f1850c.png

Ok, just edited out the tif supporters, only rsof supporters on there now. And made a new post about the rules. Tell me if its ok :P

And yes, I was just readmitted into TET.

Oh yeah, also about the good comments and suggestions.. Ive been seeing a few insightful comments, if theres anything that stands out just tell me and Ill add it to the thread. Once it gets a few more ill make it its own post.

copyofsunny2hy0tp7.jpg

This_Evening.png

Ok, just edited out the tif supporters, only rsof supporters on there now. And made a new post about the rules. Tell me if its ok :P

And yes, I was just readmitted into TET.

Oh yeah, also about the good comments and suggestions.. Ive been seeing a few insightful comments, if theres anything that stands out just tell me and Ill add it to the thread. Once it gets a few more ill make it its own post.

I picked out this comment to add:

Kronicdemise - "It's really annoying when you take off your cape, and forget you can't put it back on."

And reply to Zebles about how many f2p players do exactly that and how many more f2p may be convinced to do the same if this idea gets through.

f203f1850c.png