Wearable skill capes in F2P ~ 90 supporters ~

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Support.

Although you should only be able to equip/un-equip skill capes that are F2P Skills.

e.g. So you can equip/un-equip a Strength Cape, but not a Hunter Cape.

Why this would be useful:

-Other will be able to see that you are 99 in a skill and ask for assistance more easily, instead of shouting out "Need level 90+ smither assistance!".

-Be able to re-equip your cape as you may have died to a random or something and was able to pick up your cape from your grave but unable to wear it again.

2eprbpj.png

Although you should only be able to equip/un-equip skill capes that are F2P Skills.

e.g. So you can equip/un-equip a Strength Cape, but not a Hunter Cape.

I think that would cause unecessary complications and would anger a few people.

Also, they would've had to been member at one point anyway.

PS: And Bolt's 200m record is actually 19.30 ::'

f203f1850c.png

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who is pondering getting membership (temporarily at least) for a 99 mining cape...I wholeheartedly support. It makes little sense for Jagex not to make an exception for this this 1 member's object. After all, if members can perform the emote in F2P its ridiculous that they can't take it on or off as well.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

I support 100%. Getting a 99 stat takes a heck of a lot of work and it'd be a shame if you couldn't show that off a bit. As for the stat bonuses, those can stay a member privilege. I can't think of any other reasons (other than the ones you have listed) this would be useful, it's more of an "Come on, I spent getting 99 in I think I deserve to wear the dang cape"

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

ssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppppoooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttt

(support) btw i support this

incase ur wondering... SUPPORT!

Nothing more annoying then going f2p for like a month or something, and knowing that you cant go bountyhunting or anything oncase you lose your cape.

Although i do have my doubts of jagex doing this.. as they just want moneys.. if someone really wants there skillcape back there going to pay again for members, this would just be an incentive to stay f2p

Although i do have my doubts of jagex doing this.. as they just want moneys.. if someone really wants there skillcape back there going to pay again for members, this would just be an incentive to stay f2p

I believe that it will have the reverse effect. There are some people that will lose their cape or accidently take it off and pay one month of members to get it back. However, I think that most people would not get into a position to lose their cape. The number of people that would pay that one month to get their cape back would be much smaller than the number of f2p players that would pay that one month that would be encouraged to get skill capes and the many f2p that already have 99 skills but don't want to deal with the hassles that this update would fix.

Plus, I'd like to think that Jagex is kind enough to give a little to its loyal players that have stuck around long enough to get a 99 skill.

f203f1850c.png

[hide=...]

I believe that it will have the reverse effect. There are some people that will lose their cape or accidently take it off and pay one month of members to get it back. However, I think that most people would not get into a position to lose their cape. The number of people that would pay that one month to get their cape back would be much smaller than the number of f2p players that would pay that one month that would be encouraged to get skill capes and the many f2p that already have 99 skills but don't want to deal with the hassles that this update would fix.[/hide]

Plus, I'd like to think that Jagex is kind enough to give a little to its loyal players that have stuck around long enough to get a 99 skill.

yea id like to think that too

• 2 weeks later...
Ah, the MSSW. I've always wanted to do it. I've always had something come up. And now that my schedule is finally free? My skill cape thwarts me yet again.
Meh... they really should have done the MSSW in the "Free-For-All (Safe)" zone. I'm also facing some issues of my own that block me from joining in this year. :|

(Good luck to our site's team anyway.)

~Mr. D. V. "Grr... Dag-nab-bit..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)