::How emotionally involved are you while staking/pking?::

Nibor

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, thx guys, so far, it appears many people just get really shaky and nervous, but after a while, it's ok right?

Keep em coming, interestinng.

when i was f2p when i went pking i really didn't care cause its hard to die. but after my first pk trip on members, i was scered. in members you can die in less than 1 sec if like 4 rangers jump you. and then when i stake i get nervous too. but if i loose a stake i don't get mad unlesss when all my stats were a lot better than the person i'm fighting.

Runescape Supreme Destiny

120/122 combat http://www.supremedestiny.com.my

99/99 str lvl 300 mortal

94/95 def lvl 220 god

99/99 att STAYCW2

Yeah I get a little emotional, usually when I die I am ok.

I noticed a few people saying things about their big stakes, and I can appreciate that. However I find it difficult to give an Avid Rs2 staker respect. because the Duel Arena is so riddled with bugs I cannot tell if they got it through a mixture of luck and skill or cheating.

I don't stake anymore, I was worth a lot more before Rs2 came out due to staking. The most emotional I ever got was when I was staking a Hat set and I lost. I said good job and logged out and watched Tv. Staked the next day and got it back, and since then I have never staked anything larger than a couple of Hats.

When I used to stake on Rsc it was much more involved emotionally. When everything was activated and you had to shuffle your prayer while maging as well it became a pure skill fight, sometimes it came down to prayer shifting who won and that was indeed fun.

I get excited when I am clearly outnumbered but I manage to get a kill and escape. Basically whenever the odds are against you and you do the unexpected thing (Like not dieing?) I get excited. If I am strolling through the wilderness then get entangled and maged from 8 different angles then I wouldn't be that excited, but not that angry either.

Getting large Pks is about 40 times more exciting than getting large stake wins, imo. Much rarer though I suppose.

Mal :?

How in gods name can you be emotionally attached to Pking?

Oh gnos I just died, lets properly sit at my desk and cry over pixels. Maybe the younger lot do, but seriously, if you cry over a game, you are pathetic. Same thing applys if you think you are awesome just because you killed someone in a game.

Grow up. This is a topic about REAL people and REAL situations. Though they are just pixels, people work hard and spend tons of time and dedication getting them. Just like when you graduate from college with a Doctorate's degree in whatever you majored in...What would you do if somehow that piece of paper got torched or torn? Would it still be "just a piece of paper" to you, or much, much more?

My point proven.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Omg you don't want to see my wall... (holes in it from me punching it, and patched up holes). Most are from pking because of jagex's bs combat system.

:shock: you dont like to loose then o_O;

Malinor i agree with you about the pking V staking therom thingy you got there lol. I feel better to get a large pk than a large stake..maybe its the dangerous side of it you like? 8)

I used to get nervous a lot when I first started playing when I pked, but it just became second nature after a while, I could die, and I'd not even be bothered, because I always went down fighting, without doing anything stupid to embarrass myself. (praying teleing logging etc)

staking, I hated because although I did it a lot, I'd win and be unable to walk away with my winnings, I'd just keep staking till it was gone.

won 20m with 1 - 3m stakes then lost it all in one greedy stake, that just annoyed the hell out of me.

Because I seldom pk or stake I don't really get involved. I actually end up giggling and distracting myself because I think it's really funny how the people run around (found RSC pking how they'd walk away with unbending knees, hehe :P). But when (not if) I do get killed, it's usually a "Smegging hell" and back to whatever I was doing before.

Entangle, you're bitter, arogant, and just plain full of yourself. I'll be constructive here, unlike Entangle.

Yea, it's just a game, but losing days/weeks of work can be stressfull. I don't get nervous or anything while pking, unless I'm about to die or get a big kill (Abyssal, dragon, etc.)

Staking is too stressful for me, so I stopped doing it.

• 1 year later...

My heart pounds a bit faster when pking ( while fighting I mean ).

Same here.

I won't be sad if I lose something, it's just a game.

If I win something, I am happy.

I am usually polite to my enemies, if they start to act idiotish, I try to flame gently back. They are just often too jerks towards me, and I can't understand why :?

Make that a 3rd :wink: I always thought it was just me that shakes when I pk but once i asked my fellow friends irl they agreed that when they first start to pk (mainly P2P), they get really shakey and nervous on dying, and so do I. As you all know or should know or at least have heard of (he's kind of a big shot around tip.it) Lord Rodyle0 [evilrodyle], well he's one of my friends irl (in my class even), and we talk about pking alot of times and how we react to it. As we both started pking we were both equally nervous but we've found out that once we get a few kills, we just sit back and relax b/c by then, we're in the + area of cash and don't need to worry about dieing as much and also, we get used to the tension. VERY good thread (to the idiot who keeps flaming this, have you ever actually pked? [1 and/or 3-iteming doesn't count] :shame: ) Other than that, very good idea for a thread. :thumbsup:

iii_p00p_iii.png

^click my stats to see my bloggeh!^

Iii_p00p_iii-Str1der_pure.gif

Geez, this thread was bumped so far that Bubsa was still playing and talking about Runescape at the time :lol: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

How in gods name can you be emotionally attached to Pking?

Oh gnos I just died, lets properly sit at my desk and cry over pixels. Maybe the younger lot do, but seriously, if you cry over a game, you are pathetic. Same thing applys if you think you are awesome just because you killed someone in a game.

Actually, your pathetic for saying all of this. If you have no emotion over a game you put alot of time into, you have no emotions and should probably just kill yourself. No joy in life if you have no emotions.

Second, you cannot tell me after losing/making a great deal of money your not happy/sad.

genielampsiggv7.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-23

Another old thread bumped today :?

Isn't this like the 5th today?

On-Topic: My heart will pound faster and stuff, and when I die, I get angry for a moment then forget about it. :P

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Yeah, I get all nervous and shake. But if i die get scammed, I will shake it off and say, "Oh yeah, well ill come back and own you," Or if I get scammed I will go off and say, "not going to let this loser get the best of me, his bs wont stop me from reachin my goal."

i always use to shake hardout pking

even on my noob accounts lol

but when you get used to pking out in wildy it stops

Spud you seriously have to stay off the forums when you get into the weed.
Heres a hammer, some planks and a few nails, now all you gotta do is build a bridge and get over it.