Should F2P Range Get A Boost?

Lap

Right now this is my question of debate, if F2P rangers got the ability to use yew bows and rune arrows, how would it bode?

Right now I think it would really change some of our marketplace, seeing as mages would use this to their advantage, as they would high alch all of the yew longbows, however, F2P range needs a small boost, right now they are only able to use up to maple, which is really weak considering all of the other combat skills can use rune , or something that is a lvl 40 milestone armour/weapon.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already am a member, Im just talking about F2Pers, I remember how frustrated I was that jagex let us wear green dragonhide, yet we couldn't use yew :( .

ahh yeah i see ! yeah its pretty annoying if your f2p I wonder what the reason for that is yould expect to be able to use yew as you said probably the rune of range ?

Lameo3.png

Joined RS Dec 24th 2004.

99 Hunter 14.08.09 10084th

99 Cooking 17.06.11 188188th

<< Drum and Bass

Yeah, you can wear lvl 40 armour, but not lvl 40 weapons? And mage F2P can use up to a lvl 59 spell, so you would expect equal treatment.

I think it's ok as it is to be honest.

I remember the dark days when F2P where limited as I think oak.... (although it may have been willow) at the point f2p range was not even worth considering training as anything more than combat level growing as it was so unbalanced.

The update it received I feel is fair, as it puts it to par with the combat triangle. Rune arrows would be far to powerful for the free worlds.

I think it's ok as it is...... not totally against the idea, but just don't think it's called for.... and thus should not be done

sig2webzx7.jpg

Answer to topic: No. It would make less $$ for Jagex and anything else is irrelevant. I don't see the necessity anyways - one of the best F2P pures for BH is the range/2h, so range cannot be that bad, or?

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Answer to topic: No. It would make less $$ for Jagex and anything else is irrelevant. I don't see the necessity anyways - one of the best F2P pures for BH is the range/2h, so range cannot be that bad, or?

How would a yew bow that nobody in p2p uses anyway cause them to lose money...?

Most members are going to use crossbows, knives, cannons, chins, etc.

Hmm, I'm not sure about it, they should also fix the tank rangers then. Ever fought one? I did and even through 70+ defence they hit fairly often. Because they're wearing rune full helm, skirt/legs and d'hide body, and have like 70+ or even 80+ defence they're very hard to beat. Giving them even more powerful stuff would be overkill I think, unless they made armor give serious negative ranged bonuses. Which just can't happen because all the tank rangers who like godwars, would be very mad.

Yet I'd love to have the bow in free to play too, but it would probably make bounty hunter worse.

Doh! Members won't go F2P because F2P gets a yew bow. But a F2Per has all that much less incentive to go become a member.

You're being watched.

Doh! Members won't go F2P because F2P gets a yew bow. But a F2Per has all that much less incentive to go become a member.

I wonder how many would think, "I have no reason to buy membership. There is a bow that I can use at 40 range." When there are such items as Magic Bows, Crystal Bows, and far better armor sets and pieces at higher levels?

I wonder how many would think, "I have no reason to buy membership. There is a bow that I can use at 40 range." When there are such items as Magic Bows, Crystal Bows, and far better armor sets and pieces at higher levels?

I'm not talking anything big, but if the F2P gets a free bow, and members don't get anything, then surely people will not have any MORE incentive to go members, right? If anything, they'll have LESS.

You're being watched.

Yew bows and rune arrows should be a given. There really is no reason to leave them members only.

And barrows. And whips. And bandos. And godswords.

Jagex wants moneyyyy.

Yet level 40 equipment is available for the other classes. What you mentioned would not be reasonable. A level 40 bow, with or without arrows, should have been available earlier on, especially considering that there is already armor for that level.

It isn't the same as giving the top equipment for that class.

As an F2Per, I support yew bows but not rune arrows. Rune arrows flooding in, members complain, price decrease? Addy arrows less useful then. Yew bows, yes, composite would be more useful.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

• 3 weeks later...

i agree with you completely. however im going to go further.

i think that mages should also be allowed to use wave spells in f2p. this brings the max from 16 to 20, which is easily beaten my high lvl meleers anyway, and rangers would also hit higher with yew bows/rune arrows.

i dont think the wave spells are all that usefull in members pvp anyway, most people prefer ancients for the freezing ability in my expereince...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Throw in the wave spells, and the yew bow- not the rune arrows... and I'm an F2P myself....

Instead, throw in another type of arrow that is smithable from a material that is yielded from monster drops- except the monster used is available in the P2P servers only, and the monster itself is weak to magic, but has a strong ranged defense. That would yield cooperation between the two classes of players, and stabilise the economy, since the rune arrow prices would not skyrocket with increased demand...

signatureforkam42705lorpj5.jpg

i mean wth no1 cares about that weak noob that was scared of the great almighty lord ZAROS!