This is just getting ridiculous.

Wisp

@doomsavenger: Case in point, in regards to fat_klutz's post. Notice how he hasn't presented anything worth discussion, and instead of giving something for other Rants posters to comment/criticize/barter with, he gives us all an unusable anti-Jagex post.

I'm not against them ranting, like I said earlier. I'm just against someone lambasting Jagex as if they were Communist.

It's pretty weird to judge a post by how usable they are. Your posts are all useless if we go along the same track, they might bring a useless discussion but it won't affect my life or my RS experience. Come on now.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@doomsavenger: Case in point, in regards to fat_klutz's post. Notice how he hasn't presented anything worth discussion, and instead of giving something for other Rants posters to comment/criticize/barter with, he gives us all an unusable anti-Jagex post.

I'm not against them ranting, like I said earlier. I'm just against someone lambasting Jagex as if they were Communist.

It's pretty weird to judge a post by how usable they are. Your posts are all useless if we go along the same track, they might bring a useless discussion but it won't affect my life or my RS experience. Come on now.

Useless posts by definition are SPAM. Spam is against the rules of any and all forums (except SPAM forums :wall: ). If it gives no logical credibility, it won't affect your life and everything, true. But SPAM claiming to be a logical premise/conclusion is basically the most frustrating thing in a logical discussion. SPAM comes behind circular logical since circular logic is more deadly in an argument.

And like I said before, I'm pretty understanding, but most people are un-empathetic (not a word, but it should ;) ) or lack empathy. So, probably the best thing to do instead of ranting for the heck of it (blowing off steam) is just to write about in your own privacy and not show it to anyone. For those people who would disagree with me and say writing out problems doesn't work for them/at all, then most likely: 1) you just want to flame Jagex or start a flame war by not keeping a head on your shoulders, 2) you have never tried it. Seriously, it works! Just talk to any psychiatrist and they'll tell you that too. And if all else fails, conglomerate with other ranters of the same topic and rant/flame anyone behind their backs as much as you want; just don't bring into the spotlight for us

@Makoto: actually you really could classify Jagex as communist since they control what we can do in Runescape ;) . but since they don't lock you into a calendar of events, they're not communist. Although, they ARE a monarchy. Who do you think is going to inherit the business when Andrew G. has an 18 year old son/daughter? \' They aren't going to elect the person and change that person every 4 or 8 years, that's for sure :lol:

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I completely agree. I've been gone for a while but I looked through some of the rants in this forum... mostly to see if my rant was placed at all recently, don't want to rant about something someone's done recently... I'd just reply.

Seriously guys, the goal of the ranting forum is to rant, not to have someone tell you that you're a baby just because you don't like what's going on in RS. There are always things that we don't like, and sometimes complaining about them for a little while is the best way to get it out of our systems. If you're going to use what doomsavenger's labeled "Universal Arguments," then you're pretty much the immature one here. The ranter uses the forum for what it was meant to be used for and he or she doesn't need to be flamed because of it. =)

Thanks

With the do something else argument, let's say they removed your favorite skill for some reason. It is a skill that is not absolutely necessary in the game, like summoning, wouldn't people rant? Or should we tell them to just do something else.

Yes, people would rant and what are we supposed to say, "Do summoning, oh wait you can't." I guess your rant is telling people not to post comments on the rants about the wilderness. :shame:

Loi86.png

I completely agree. I've been gone for a while but I looked through some of the rants in this forum... mostly to see if my rant was placed at all recently, don't want to rant about something someone's done recently... I'd just reply.

Seriously guys, the goal of the ranting forum is to rant, not to have someone tell you that you're a baby just because you don't like what's going on in RS. There are always things that we don't like, and sometimes complaining about them for a little while is the best way to get it out of our systems. If you're going to use what doomsavenger's labeled "Universal Arguments," then you're pretty much the immature one here. The ranter uses the forum for what it was meant to be used for and he or she doesn't need to be flamed because of it. =)

Thanks

The point is that a lot of people here use the rants forum to spray their complete utter nonsense about stuff they don't like on the forum. If you make a bad topic, you're bound to get bad replies. A lot of people need to start using their brains first, before they post.

If you really want the rants forum to be a place where people can vent their crap, then I'd suggest locking topics upon posting. In that case there is no need to reply on a rant anyway. If you do want replies AND you want them to be decent, I suggest thinking things out before you start a topic.

Seriously, a lot of people in the rants forum are just so freaking stupid it makes me want to cry. Ofcourse I could name 100 or so examples, but I doubt re-flaming those individuals will do any good.

With the do something else argument, let's say they removed your favorite skill for some reason. It is a skill that is not absolutely necessary in the game, like summoning, wouldn't people rant? Or should we tell them to just do something else.

Yes, people would rant and what are we supposed to say, "Do summoning, oh wait you can't." I guess your rant is telling people not to post comments on the rants about the wilderness. :shame:

If you don't like the rants about the wilderness, the logical course of action would be to let those threads die. Not keep bumping them up with the same old "get over it" posts. But most people on this forum just can't resist a good bashing. Which I find unfortunate to say the least.

Yes, I am completely in shock right now, no one has flamed you yet. Probably because you are a member of the tip.it staff. Like how many people said, if a normal player posted this, they would be flamed for sticking up for the smart people. It's the people who flame the ranters who make the game what it is. People, you need to stop trying to crush people with your sad remarks, telling people to leave. Grow up, and learn to respect each other's opinions and stop being a [bleep]. If you have nothing kind to say, just say I don't agree, or don't even post anything at all. People don't care for your negative remarks, and you will get in trouble.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

Yes, I am completely in shock right now, no one has flamed you yet. Probably because you are a member of the tip.it staff. Like how many people said, if a normal player posted this, they would be flamed for sticking up for the smart people. It's the people who flame the ranters who make the game what it is. People, you need to stop trying to crush people with your sad remarks, telling people to leave. Grow up, and learn to respect each other's opinions and stop being a [bleep]. If you have nothing kind to say, just say I don't agree, or don't even post anything at all. People don't care for your negative remarks, and you will get in trouble.

No, no one has flamed Doom because he's giving logical statements and actually attempting to give a good argument not filled with "I hatez Uz [bleep]ex" or other noobish comments. I really should do the copy and paste posts like RSOF mods cause I'm repeating myself for the third time :lol: .

The vast majority of people on the internet don't give a [cabbage] about your problems. So, to minimize the actual people who are noobish and really stupid repliers, just type out your rant on Word Processor and then delete it. You vent anger and no one has to see it. For things like ranting about the wilderness, they're not coming back, so no point in "ranting" on the forums about it.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Any one of those 5 responses works out to a fast post count increment which makes the post appear relevant and "contributing-to-the-topic".

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I didn't read that bit in the middle.

Rant if you want to rant, but don't rant about other people ranting. However you can rant about people ranting about people ranting. I've just gone crosseyed.