Leeds/Reading Festival 2008

eyehawk78

Hey everyone, just thought I'd repost this thread since its just over 2 weeks to the festivals. The original thread seems to have been lost in the great forum fires of a few months ago.

If anyone remembers I wasn't going because I couldn't get a ticket. The key word in that last sentence is "wasn't" :thumbsup: I've managed to get a job at Reading festival as a Green messenger (Yes I'm a traitor to Leeds now :( ) but at least I get to see all the bands for free! I don't even have to work on performance days! \'

[hide=In case anyone doesn't know this years line up]reading2008lj0.jpg[/hide]

I can't wait to see Rage, QOTSA, Bloc Party, Metallica, Tenacious D, Pendulum, Justice and my favourite band Does It Offend You, Yeah? it's there homecoming too, so it should be awesome!!!!

Is anyone else here going? Who you looking forward to seeing?

Enjoy Rage whoever may be going. If you're considering going to see them ABSOLUTELY DO IT. You'll only regret not going. I went to see them last summer at Alpine Valley and it was one of the best moments of my life. They were amazing live.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I was going to get a day-ticket for the Sunday at Leeds (missed the camping tickets), but I think i'm actually away now anyway, and I need the money. Have a great time though, half my year at school seem to be going.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

The headliners don't look too great. I mean, the Fratelis, Rage Against the Machine, Queens of the Stone Age, Sergj Tankian, the Killers, Bloc Party (not too great live), Editors (kind of boring if you've seen them more than once), Metallica. Dizzee Rascal is alright. I wonder why We Are Scientists is with the headliners. Last year I've seen them with a version of London Calling here in Amsterdam, and then they didn't even have a record out. If you ignore the people at their concert they are quite funny as well.

Justice, Digitalism, Simian Mobile Disco, babyshambles, British Sea Power, Vampire Weekend, Last Shadow Puppets (yes, big too), Yeasayer, Chromeo, F*cked Up, Holy F*ck are worth seeing.

But have a good time! And if you like those headliners I'm sure you will!

Completely off at the we are scientist part. I meant We are the physics. >.>

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I saw Editors when they were supporting Franz Ferdinand. No one had heard of them, but they were amazing that night (probably better than FF) and I've never got bored of them since. Great band.

I get the feeling that The Killers will just be like last year's Glasto, only shorter and with one or two new songs. Nothing special.

Justice, Digitalism, Simian Mobile Disco, babyshambles, British Sea Power, Vampire Weekend, Last Shadow Puppets (yes, big too), Yeasayer, Chromeo, F*cked Up, Holy F*ck are worth seeing.

Ha, I didn't think you knew much about current British music, guess I was wrong. Justice will obviously be fun, and Babyshambles will most likely be as brilliantly shambolic as ever. I really HATE the Last Shadow Puppets though, the music comes across as so pretentious.

What do you think of the Yeasayer album? When I heard 2080 for the first time I absolutely loved it.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I must admit that I haven't heard the entire Yeasayer record, so I can't really judge. I've heard songs and seen fragments on youtube, and when I heard I inmediatly liked it. That's why I said I think they are worth seeing. :)

I really like the Shadow Puppets, it's all so big and over the top. Normally, I'm not really a fan of that, but in this case it works out. It alsmost sounds like a James Bond soundtrack. ::'

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Sure were and I got one :lol:

Cant wait, I really want to see Anti Flag on the lock up stage as its a set that the fans have picked so will be all there songs that I like mainly.

Also want to see Queens of a stone age, Pendulum is a must, Dizzee Rascal and Leathal Bizzle.

Anyone got any advice on food though for this festival?

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

I'm not going (2-3 hour flight to the festival), but even if i could go... I wouldn't. Only Metallica and Pendulum are the interesting bands at that festival. But i guess the festival isn't my kind of music.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

• 3 weeks later...

Wasnt very impressed with Leeds this year, last year was much better.

I think it was mainly little things that messed it up for me

> Some [/\/\/\/\] From Whitby camped nearby :evil:

> Way too many people this year

> Loads of the workers didnt have a clue

> Some of the security were abusing their power

> Was Ill for some of it, damn chinese stands!!

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

I got a day ticket for the Friday as I missed the weekend ones. I got a lift with a friend and his parents didn't want to go when the music started as "They put the trashy bands on first" so I ended up there about 1:30ish. I saw the last song of Alexisonfire, Plain White T's getting bottles, some bands on the unsigned stage, Black Tide, enough of Dropkick Murphy to put me off, Avenged Sevenfold, The Music (they were amazing), Pendulum (really amazing but the crowds were dangerous), Tenacious D and Metallica. The best bands for me were Pendulum and Metallica.

Festival toilets are worse than is possible to describe. I can see why people went all the way to Tesco's to avoid using them. I'll probally be going next year. It's too early to say right now. I want to go to a festival for both the music and the chance to have a laugh with loads of new people. Be it Bloodstock, Leeds, Download or any other festival, I'll be going to one. Just got to decide which has the best lineup/ people going.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Had a great time at Reading.

Favourite band was Anti - Flag there second set and done my first moshing. Great fun, definatly want to go again next year if possible.

Last night was a bit dodgey though, big lack of security and the camp I was in got completly trashed while I was asleep.

A burning tent would not be easy to get out of. http://forums.readingfestival.com/tm.aspx?m=465810

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

Absolutely EPIC festival this year. :thumbsup: Me and my friend Nikki got backstage (of the dance tent) with Alkaline Trio and the Gallows etc. was frigging awesome! We didn't even have backstage wristbands, just Arena crew ones. The guy guarding the backstage entrance wasn't a security guard, he was from the Customer assistant team, I presume he was just covering someones break. lol. He wasn't sure if we were allowed but he let us in anyway. :lol: That's drunken confidence for ya. 8-) I'll post some pictures when they get added onto Facebook.

Favourite band there was definitely Does It Offend You, Yeah? for me, but it was always going to be. lol. Then probably Justice and Alkaline Trio. I got absolutely mangled in the pit for Pendulum, it was so hot in the tent it was insane, good fun though :D

Can't wait till next year, definitely gonna work there again as the perks of the job were awesome! lol