-new- Clan Wars. Much to debate & discuss.

Rarex

Im looking forward to this, the biggest reason is that we can have *Drummroll*

\'The Multi Site Steel War 4! \'

faiyaz101.png

Unfairly Banned-Appeal In Process, Its been slow due to the sheer number of them

Im looking forward to this, the biggest reason is that we can have *Drummroll*

\'The Multi Site Steel War 4! \'

Can't wait til mssw :thumbsup: gonna train up 4 but i dislike the whole death and lose ur item in clan war becoz it was safe before and now is not so don't know if it is as good as before now :wall:

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

Yup but they were sneaky and got it by ya I doubt many clans will use the drop items on death option, maybe for steel/mith wars? They should at least give a non-tradable reward sorta like castlewars maybe war paint for your rune?

mssw4 is using the drop items on death i think :P

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

i dislike the whole death and lose ur item in clan war becoz it was safe before and now is not so don't know if it is as good as before now

Well, Jagex keeps saying that the item-loss thing is an optional rule. Which means that it'll still be safe for you, so long as you don't decide to walk into a dangerous battlefield.

It'd be nice to see some rewards. But look at how other minigames guard against abuse...

Castlewars - Anyone on the world may join in.

Fist of Guthix - You get a random opponent.

Bounty Hunter - You get a random opponent.

Trouble Brewing - Anyone on the world may join in.

Duel Arena - Tournaments are against random opponents.

Arcanists - A ranked match is against random opponents.

In all these cases, it's relatively hard to play badly with the aim of making your friends' team gain better rewards.

If anyone on the world may join in, it becomes harder to control the outcome of the game.

If you're against random opponents, you won't necessarily be playing against your friends' team anyway.

(For the Great Orb Project / RC Guild, it was originally easy for one team to quit and thus let their friends on the other team reap the rewards very quickly. That's plain silly, and it devalues the rewards terribly.)

Clan Wars could certainly try to do release rewards with similar guards against abuse. But it'd end up losing the "clan" bit from its name/purpose; it'd be a multiplayer battle game where you fight on a random side in a large arena full of people you don't know. Jagex could certainly write a minigame like that, if they liked. It'd effectively be Castlewars without the flags. I'd be glad if they did it, but it's not what we need for a clan war now.

What we need is a flexible place for players to hold battles more like they did before the Wilderness went bye-byes. It sounds like this Clan Wars update should really help there, mostly by its free-for-all arenas. So that makes it a good update that's well worth having, even though it doesn't fulfil every PKing desire of every player. Maybe the PVP worlds will do that, whenever they turn up.

FFA clan wars looks like a pointless hit and run contest

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

RWT was never really a problem for players... only for Jagex

i assume u rwt back in the day then?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

i dislike the whole death and lose ur item in clan war becoz it was safe before and now is not so don't know if it is as good as before now

Well, Jagex keeps saying that the item-loss thing is an optional rule. Which means that it'll still be safe for you, so long as you don't decide to walk into a dangerous battlefield.

but jackass clan leaders will want to keep making DoD challenges and then no one will accept and clan wars wont be fun cuz it wont be used.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

but jackass clan leaders will want to keep making DoD challenges and then no one will accept and clan wars wont be fun cuz it wont be used.

I'm sure they will us a big red Warning sign if you try to enter the Portal and it tells you, Like in Trading. Also don't use "Cuz", I can't take you seriously if you. <.<

Also don't Double Post, there's an EDIT: Button for a reason. -.-

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
why do you care rarex you said you quit the game and that the game is dying. why are you still following the game.

cuz I feel like it

the thing came out, I think. Haven't played it and probably wont for a long time - rarez_v# (main) is permanently locked and rar3x will take 4 login tries to get ingame.

So was I right or ?

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

THE CASH REWARD IS ONLY IF ANYTHING WAS LOST DURING THE FIGHT. MEANING THAT THE FIGHT MUST HAD BEEN "DANGEROUS". If it was safe, there would be no reward at all.

Zero reward at this time.

Negative effects

New easier, and safer, forms of RWT: I'm sure some will find ways to RWT/transfer. Since it won't be on-kill loot, they might find some way to do it

Nuh-uh. Not possible in any way at all.

Positive effects

Clanners come back: Since these updates would be huge for the clan community, I imagine many clanners who quit after multi was removed from BH, will come back. When multi was removed, warring was very much limited. After Clan Wars is updated, many of the features that were in the Wilderness (and multi BH) will come back! Most serious clanners are high levels. This will mean good for Jagex, as most of them will become P2P.

Plenty of 120+ are roaming around.

More for F2Pers: With this, there is so much more for F2Pers to do. I can imagine small groups of high leveled f2pers running around dangerous/safe FFA killing everyone!

Happened. A small clan tried to sneak north along the west wall up to the abandoned greater demon ruins but bumped into a couple of high levels. Pretty funny how they all turned 180 degrees and ran south--esp. after bragging how they were going to, um, own the place.

Some screenshots:

This is world 3.

[hide=]rsshotclanwars04lf8.jpg[/hide]

Reminiscent of pking at level 1 wild.

[hide=]rsshotclanwars06so6.jpg[/hide]

Little love for dangerous.

[hide=]rsshotclanwars05ra1.jpg[/hide]

Outside the eastern ruins.

[hide=]rsshotclanwars03ii1.jpg[/hide]A moment of peace on the ruins' second floor.

[hide=]rsshotclanwars02yd5.jpg[/hide]

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

you know barrelchest anchor when dropped still appears as 200k in clan wars -.-

well done jagex :wall:

Haha, good fight Jagex :P

Can you have multiple barrelchest anchors btw?

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Heres a scenario i came up with for RWT based on what I read. If i missed anything please tell me. thx

1. Someone purchases X amount of gold from a RWT site.

2. The Customer challenges RWT to a clan war on dangerous arena.

3. The RWT gets pwned by the customer.

4.The customer gets the net value of whatever the RWT was carrying.

Again if i missed anything or you think this wouldn't work just tell me because its kinda late where i'm at.

Yea, that's why Jagex isn't giving a reward at all for winning clan wars.

Other than it would be pathetically easy to give rewards and still work around that limitation.

Just set a 10 player minimum for both sides. Only way that could be rwted would be for the rwt to run 19 bots simultaneously, and the rewards would be only 1/10th, divided among the 9 bots and the one buyer on the winning side.

Or raise it to 20. Or 30.

Heres a scenario i came up with for RWT based on what I read. If i missed anything please tell me. thx

1. Someone purchases X amount of gold from a RWT site.

2. The Customer challenges RWT to a clan war on dangerous arena.

3. The RWT gets pwned by the customer.

4.The customer gets the net value of whatever the RWT was carrying.

Again if i missed anything or you think this wouldn't work just tell me because its kinda late where i'm at.

Yea, that's why Jagex isn't giving a reward at all for winning clan wars.

Other than it would be pathetically easy to give rewards and still work around that limitation.

Just set a 10 player minimum for both sides. Only way that could be rwted would be for the rwt to run 19 bots simultaneously, and the rewards would be only 1/10th, divided among the 9 bots and the one buyer on the winning side.

Or raise it to 20. Or 30.

Or they get 10 gold buyers.

Getting the bot to all the requirements for a barrelchest anchor is rather hard work for the average rwt'er seeking to profit from trading gold. It's just too much effort. There are probably some desperate losers who'll do it anyways, but not significant enough...

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.